Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Brace Ban

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brian's Surplus View Post
    I agree that mental health is an issue. What concerns me is where will it lead and who gets to decide who is mentally unfit to own a firearm? Many people would use mental health as an excuse to start going door to door and confiscating firearms. Most Democrats think that Trump supporters are all mentally unstable, so who makes that determination? Hopefully it's not someone like Diane Feinstein who said:

"As I understand our bill, no issue has arose [sic] in this regard during the ten years the expired ban was in effect and what we did in the other bill was exempt possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States. So that included active military. The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this. So, you know, I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we haveto — ifyou’re going to do this, find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don’t have access to this kind of weapon."
    Mental health shouldn't be a gun control measure.

It should be mental health and just mental health. There's an incredible amount of people out there in desperate need of mental help and they can't get it because they fear the repercussions for their rights.

People who actually want help aren't a threat anyway. The problem is a lack of places to receive mental healthcare, and a general stigma towards it.
    "Fiat justitia ruat caelum" - Trey Gowdy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    Hmm, maybe next time?

It's early.
    Attached Images Attached Images

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brian's Surplus View Post
    I agree that mental health is an issue. What concerns me is where will it lead and who gets to decide who is mentally unfit to own a firearm? Many people would use mental health as an excuse to start going door to door and confiscating firearms. Most Democrats think that Trump supporters are all mentally unstable, so who makes that determination? Hopefully it's not someone like Diane Feinstein who said:

"As I understand our bill, no issue has arose [sic] in this regard during the ten years the expired ban was in effect and what we did in the other bill was exempt possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States. So that included active military. The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this. So, you know, I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we haveto — ifyou’re going to do this, find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don’t have access to this kind of weapon."
    What a bunch of BS. PTSD has been around probably as long as there has been warfare. In WWI and WWII they called it "shell shocked".

User Info Menu

+1
    NRA - Life

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    What a bunch of BS. PTSD has been around probably as long as there has been warfare. In WWI and WWII they called it "shell shocked".
    There is a VA in Marion. They used to house a lot of patients that were let's say unstable. This was before we went over to the sand trap the first time. Not sure where they all went. I know that there are a few places that house them in the civilian world around here.

Maybe they all just got better from the great medical care they were provided by the same country that they protected.

User Info Menu

PTSD has been around for as long as there has been conflict.
    Operation Desert Storm Veteran, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, For God and Country.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tcecil88 View Post
    PTSD has been around for as long as there has been conflict.
    So pretty much the beginning of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_N_Stein
    I am trying to turn every thread I involve myself in into a **** show.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ggreen View Post
    It's early.

Got a link for that? Or was that made up for "the cause" also?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Im on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    While the diagnosis may be attributable to soldiers and combat, the condition is not exclusive to military and warfare. There is plenty of life-altering trauma to go around in the civilian world.

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rhino View Post
    While the diagnosis may be attributable to soldiers and combat, the condition is not exclusive to military and warfare. There is plenty of life-altering trauma to go around in the civilian world.
    There is. I know a few folks never in the military that have been diagnosed with PTSD. And it explains some of their behaviors.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast