Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Info Menu

I doubt I'll ever have to fire a defensive round. If I did, it would be in fear for my wife's or my own life. But to each their own on insurance. I just don't see it as something I'll ever use. If I did need it, it means I'm above ground.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    Are they, or is this just a description of what happened? If she pointed a gun out the window, it's relevant, but not an excuse.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HoughMade View Post
    Are they, or is this just a description of what happened? If she pointed a gun out the window, it's relevant, but not an excuse.
    Don't see how it's relevant enough to write an article about it. Next we'll hear about how there may have been a small amount of marijuana in the house.
    All the young dudes....

KG1
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    Simply identifying a gun is a poor reason to shoot.
    Never meant to imply that it was a good reason. Everything depends on the circumstances. That's why I added the part about whatever did or did not happen will be sorted out in a trial now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    Don't see how it's relevant enough to write an article about it. Next we'll hear about how there may have been a small amount of marijuana in the house.
    It's relevant because it mitigates why the officer shot through the window. Obviously, this shooting would look even worse if the woman didn't have a gun. This guy's goose is cooked, and rightfully so, but that little tidbit may save him a few years.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    This guy's goose is cooked, and rightfully so, but that little tidbit may save him a few years.
    I would think it may change the charge anyway....
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

User Info Menu

I dont know what i feel is the right charge here. I dont think this cop is a piece of ****. I think he made a very poor choice and didnt folow his training most likely.
    But a innocent person is dead and he needs to pay a consequence. Maybe losing his job and financial restitution is enough? Honestly im glad im not the one that makes those choices. I will say i think murder seems harsh. I mean they dont even charge drunk drivers with murder but they should in that case I feel.
    I honestly feel for both sides here. Lets say she would have shot the cop. Can you imagine how terrible that would make a person feel? Im sure this cop feels terrible too and now it seems the world is against him and he was (i believe) just trying to do the right thing but ****ed up.
    Thats how I feel on this
    NRA Patron Life Member
    ​NRA GOLDEN EAGLE

KLB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Time View Post
    I dont know what i feel is the right charge here. I dont think this cop is a piece of ****. I think he made a very poor choice and didnt folow his training most likely.
    But a innocent person is dead and he needs to pay a consequence. Maybe losing his job and financial restitution is enough? Honestly im glad im not the one that makes those choices. I will say i think murder seems harsh. I mean they dont even charge drunk drivers with murder but they should in that case I feel.
    I honestly feel for both sides here. Lets say she would have shot the cop. Can you imagine how terrible that would make a person feel? Im sure this cop feels terrible too and now it seems the world is against him and he was (i believe) just trying to do the right thing but ****ed up.
    Thats how I feel on this
    Pretty much how I feel.
    They shouldn't just drop a hellfire missile on your café experience...Rand Paul

User Info Menu

Thats how I feel on this
    Yeah, no. He was trained, and he should have known better. His actions were reckless, and someone is dead because of it. "Reckless" means taking action without thinking or caring. This isn't to say the officer didn't care, but he certainly didn't think. I can be completely confident that damn near everyone on INGO would have responded (tactical considerations aside) in a similar manner as the victim, if they heard someone bumbling around outside of their house.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

KG1
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Thats how I feel on this
    I have'nt seen anything to suggest that the officer intentionally set out to murder someone. Do I think he ****ed up? Yeah I do, in a really bad way and a life was lost because of it but I'm not seeing murder.

I'm also not seeing any intentional wrong doing by the deceased either. From all indications she was only acting in a defensive manner against an unknown threat at the time in order to protect herself and her nephew.

A tragic event ensued. Lives will be changed forever.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast