• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    As they appear, I plan on posting things I find from the government's (over)response to the bombs at the Boston Marathon. My sympathies go out to the victims, but government must always be kept in check, especially in times of "crisis."

Governor announces warrantless searches in Boston. source
    Governor Deval Patrick said the investigation into the explosion is active and ongoing, and that the area from Berkeley Street to Massachusetts Avenue north of Newbury Street and south to Huntington Avenue is blocked off, and marked as a crime scene. He said those riding public transportation tomorrow should expect random checks of backpacks and bags. The Copley Square station, according to the MBTA, will remain closed.

“We are all coming together to do everything we can to get to the bottom of this,” Patrick said.
    National Guard troops used to preserve order in Boston. source
    image.JPG

Police lockdown at Boston's Brigham Women's Hospital
    543751_516312108406295_1754046002_n.png

Paramilitary infantry units line the streets
    12357_516384641732375_1412173353_n.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Slave begs for a police state

source
    Across the U.S., from Washington to Los Angeles, police stepped up security, monitoring landmarks, government buildings, transit hubs and sporting events. Security was especially tight in Boston, with bomb-sniffing dogs checking Amtrak passengers' luggage at South Station and transit police patrolling with rifles.

"They can give me a cavity search right now and I'd be perfectly happy," said Daniel Wood, a video producer from New York City who was waiting for a train.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    :popcorn: We've trained them to depend on the first responders to handle so much of our dirty work, we shouldn't be surprised they'll blindly accept this sort of thing.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    National Guard in Boston. source
    image.JPG

644535_516568801713959_2041188000_n.jpg

45360_516314381739401_34659644_n.jpg

Police lockdown at Boston's Brigham Women's Hospital
    . source
    BH7q7K6CYAAUiko.jpg:large

Several trains shut down in Boston. source
    Copley Station will remain closed Tuesday, but the MBTA was vowing to run normal service otherwise. Exit 22 off the Massachusetts Turnpike, which feeds into Copley Square, will remain closed to traffic on Tuesday. The Boston Public Library at Copley will also be closed.

"It's not going to be easy, simple or regular,'' Patrick said Monday evening, describing the scene commuters and workers will face in Boston.

The MBTA sent out this statement Monday evening:

"Normal Green Line, Orange Line, and Red Line service has resumed. Copley Station, scheduled to be closed on Marathon Monday, remains closed and will continue to be closed Tuesday, April 16, 2013, with trains bypassing the station. 4/15/2013 8:36 PM''

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    I fail to see the reasoning in having SWAT or State Police units wearing camouflage. Black works just fine--and makes it easier for us to denote them as police units vs. military. I've not been happy with the use of military, even national guard troops, in response to this.

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    That hospital on lockdown is being guarded because that is where the Saudi man who is/is not/is a suspect is being treated.

As far as National Guard troops used to preserve order in Boston. source, what order is there to preserve? Is there rioting and disorder? Talk about closing the barn door after the fact. It's responses like this that drive people to almost listen to Alex Jones...almost.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    My God, look at all those assault weapons! Those have no place on our streets, those are weapons of war. What are they expecting, a battalion sized enemy? C'mon, they will never need more than a double barrel shotgun.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    Paramilitary infantry units line the streets
    12357_516384641732375_1412173353_n.jpg

Thanks for insulting the true Grunts out there, Rambone:D. This guy is nothing but a wannabe operator. Besides, most of the sheep don't understand what LIBERTY is, how it was EARNED, nor how to PROTECT it, such as denying illegal and warrant-less searches.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That hospital on lockdown is being guarded because that is where the Saudi man who is/is not/is a suspect is being treated.

As far as National Guard troops used to preserve order in Boston. source, what order is there to preserve? Is there rioting and disorder? Talk about closing the barn door after the fact. It's responses like this that drive people to almost listen to Alex Jones...almost.

Same crap we got at the airports after 911. Terrorists do not come straight at you. They hide in the shadows. The military presence is for the drive-by's and the sheeple.
    Gee, it even makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    I fail to see the reasoning in having SWAT or State Police units wearing camouflage. Black works just fine--and makes it easier for us to denote them as police units vs. military. I've not been happy with the use of military, even national guard troops, in response to this.

I got to agree........... police in camouflage in a city give the image of a militarized police or a police state and is plain silly .......... just like when they were hunting for Christopher Donner in the snow with camouflage uniforms :n00b: but hey if they want to look like PX warrior :twocents: :patriot:

had to throw this pic. in ......:D

photostormtrooperpolice.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I got to agree........... police in camouflage in a city give the image of a militarized police or a police state and is plain silly .......... just like when they were hunting for Christopher Donner in the snow with camouflage uniforms :n00b: but hey if they want to look like PX warrior :twocents: :patriot:

had to throw this pic. in ......:D

photostormtrooperpolice.jpg

My point exactly.

Love the pic....+1

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Yeah, all of National Guard members picked up trash and got things back to normal in no time. There were live news broadcasts on every channel, all day, from the location of a terrorist bombing. Good job.

I do agree with the uniform distinction. It needs to be crystal clear who is who. I do not feel a nameplate is enough. If the situation is dire enough, there will be enough camo on the scene.

Top Bottom