• ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    So, we are concerned about cops in salad suits?:dunno:

1. Have you seen the Massachusetts State Police? They dress like they are ready to invade Poland without the salad suits (Matt Damon's words).

2. They wear the salad suits because they are comfy/utilitarian and likely cheap for them.

I don't mind them playing dress up. The warrantless bag searches on the T always angered me. Almost got arrested on the Orange Line one summer when I told BPD where to stick it (that was the morning right after I got mugged).:D Just because it was so obvious who BPD was shaking down.

It's the two character stance from Wing Chun . . . or, he is starting to turn around.:D

They can join the military if they want to be comfortable, they can wear camo all day long! I'm sure before they joined the state police they saw what the uniform was I don't have any sympathy. I'm sure they are not that comforable wearing IBA's and helmets. A compromise might be some standard utilities much like Greenwood does, at least they wouldn't get made fun of. I do agree with you about the bigger picture issues though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Isn't that the scary part?

Yes it is. Totally.
    We went on Vacation shortly after 911 and the airport was full of soldiers and some were Rangers. WTF are they going to do....scare a suicide bomber who is already on point with dying. This reaction is ridiculous. It only serves to calm down the woman.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The response isnt just overdone, but it seems misguided. Why do we need what is basically a standing army in our cities? We werent attacked by insurgents with AK-47s. It was an IED possibly by only one person. I think standard patrol cops with their handguns would be fine to meet this threat. The armored cars do make sense but the ARs? Who are they going to shoot at? It just feels like conditioning to move towards a police state.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    It's not uncommon for NG/Reserves to work at such events, they do recruiting and are around to promote their organization. My unit was just asked if anyone wants to volunteer to be at the Indy 500 to march in for the opening ceremony etc. You get free admission and can hang around for the event. I agree there was no reason to bring in the NG after the explosions, there was no civil disorder etc. and if they were just there for clean-up that's what the DPW is for not soldiers.

I believe they were there for crime scene control. The initial crime scene was huge. Having done crime scene control for the gas explosion last year, the small neighborhood was a nightmare to secure and I can only imagine securing 5 tightly packed city blocks in Boston. Perfectly legit use for them.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Yes it is. Totally.
    We went on Vacation shortly after 911 and the airport was full of soldiers and some were Rangers. WTF are they going to do....scare a suicide bomber who is already on point with dying. This reaction is ridiculous. It only serves to calm down the woman.

Even more ridiculous is that being soldiers they likely didn't even have any ammunition as commanders would never trust them with ammo. As was said before it's nothing but a feel good measure to appease the sheeple.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

This agency is just another one put in place to keep us feeling warm and fuzzy. I feel this way....what about you guy's. Feeling protected and secure with all the laws and enforcement.

Denny347 makes a good point. Securing an area this large would be an absolute nightmare.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I fail to see the reasoning in having SWAT or State Police units wearing camouflage. Black works just fine--and makes it easier for us to denote them as police units vs. military. I've not been happy with the use of military, even national guard troops, in response to this.

They learned that it's appropriate for all occasions by going to gun shows. :):

I'll agree with most - HUMVEE's and NG is overkill for two bombs. Who's paying for this? Are they going to be asking the Fed's for money? Citizens depend on locals, locals depend on state, state depends on federal, federal depends on taxes (or UN?). Yeah, where's the blue helmets?

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    There were over 2,000 different types of security people including National Guard and law enforcement from various jurisdictions searching bags and running checkpoints at the Marathon, but it didn't stop what happened

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Thanks for insulting the true Grunts out there, Rambone:D. This guy is nothing but a wannabe operator. Besides, most of the sheep don't understand what LIBERTY is, how it was EARNED, nor how to PROTECT it, such as denying illegal and warrant-less searches.

Very true. However they did give them the option of not being searched by not riding public transportation. But they still have the legal right to refuse to be searched.
    Violation of our rights will always start with the police. We can only hope the majority of INDIVIDUAL officers will chose to disobey their orders. But as an organization the police departments will be ready to march.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    Come on fellas....it is a show for the sheeple. All is well now, we are in control. Feel safe and go about your business.

Sheep says to the other we are safe they can see us in Camo......
    camosheep.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Warrantless random searches

Citizens of Boston will be treated guilty until proven innocent while trying to travel around the city. Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and the Mass. State Police Superintendent have announced that the city will be under an "enhanced presence" of police and soldiers. Described as an "inconvenience," the governor said that citizens will be subjected to warrantless random searches of bags and backpacks.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbFg9QcyIb8[/ame]

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    DRMO is the main reason for camo plate carriers and uniforms. I have a camo surplus Goretex rain jacket via DRMO. I know "because we got it cheap" isn't as much fun as tin foil and derision of "wannabe soldiers" but its accurate. I've done the soldier thing, and have no desire to do it again, but I won't turn down free rain coat and boot liners.

Top Bottom