Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    They're wannabe soldiers.

:+1:

Woodland Camo gave me great lulz.

That hospital on lockdown is being guarded because that is where the Saudi man who is/is not/is a suspect is being treated.

As far as National Guard troops used to preserve order in Boston. source, what order is there to preserve? Is there rioting and disorder? Talk about closing the barn door after the fact. It's responses like this that drive people to almost listen to Alex Jones...almost.

Many, many people DO listen to him.

Am I the only one who has the feeling that these "events" are just WAY to convenient?:dunno:

:shady: :tinfoil:

I got to agree........... police in camouflage in a city give the image of a militarized police or a police state and is plain silly .......... just like when they were hunting for Christopher Donner in the snow with camouflage uniforms :n00b: but hey if they want to look like PX warrior :twocents: :patriot:

had to throw this pic. in ......:D

photostormtrooperpolice.jpg

Desensitization, perhaps?

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    And yea, why do police, especially city cops, need camo BDU's? Are they planning on retreating to the next county in the forest? Jeesh, these guys are the real black helicopter crowd.

They think they need to be prepared for, and train for every contingency, including even nuclear war--hah, as if that would ever happen. They spend billions each year of our money on supplies and exercises, yet when civilians try to even buy a AR-15 or prep our food stores and the Liberals call us civilians the black helicopter crowd! They buy freaking thousands of APC's and full auto machine guns for "police work" and label us extremists for wanting semi auto weapons.

Sarcasm aside, there is no such thing as being too paranoid when it comes to preparedness. Only sheeple think that it is sensible to let government/police handle all existential threats, while they keep their innocent minds focused on American Idol.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    A police state is what it is I fail to see the difference in the kind of uniforms they wear.

In all fairness they probably are only wearing camo because that is what is common and most readily available in proper combat attire. But it surely serves no purpose other than to make them look like military.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    In all fairness they probably are only wearing camo because that is what is common and most readily available in proper combat attire. But it surely serves no purpose other than to make them look like military.

But they are not in combat. How about a uniform that denotes their organization, which is what a uniform is for?

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Am I the only one who has the feeling that these "events" are just WAY to convenient?:dunno:

No... My co-worker commented to me today that who really did this is insignificant. He velieves that it assuradly will be used as an excuse to build increase inner city armies and advance the police state agenda.... This thread proves his accuracy.

I suspect this to be used as a springboard for all major cities across the US to visibly milatarize our police forces at great length

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    There were soldiers from the national guard in BDUs at the finish line all day Monday. BPD's finest was 10ft away. Watch the videos that ran over and over again on TV, and 100% of them had their backs turned to the crowd where the blast came from. There was no shortage of security theater at the marathon.

I am glad to see that after disappearing from the internet Gecko45 did manage to get a job with the Mass State Police.

Also take note of how less significant the lives of these people (2 dead 41 wounded) are in the eyes of the the president, the media, the social media posts about thoughts for strangers (for many I feel the thoughts are done the moment it's on the wall too play the part) because the security theater was proven to be just that, theater; and the others died from a no less tragic, however more common and part of a growing trend, sequence of events.
    IRVING, Texas: Federal officials probe cause of fatal bus crash | Nation | Kentucky.com

What happened in Boston was also tragic, and I hope those responsible are brought to justice, and that people will use their brains to pay attention to what is around them and take action when something suspicious is going on. But I feel like the whole damn world throws perspective out the window the second the words breaking news pop up on the screen, that we end up with Bostonians begging for their rights to be taken on Patriots day, and still preach about how the terrorists won't win.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Posse comitatus! Treason!

Actually there is no violation of the Posse Comitatus with the use of National Guard Troops. The National Guard can be activated under state orders by their respective Governor for a varity of reasons. In the case during the race they were on duty to help witn whatever as we all saw them there before it broke out.

At the time something happens the Governor can activate them under state orders for any number of reasons, natural disasters (tornados, flooding etc)

Also under state orders the National Guard can enforce state and local laws and ordinance. And yes they are normally armed. If they are activated under title 10 active duty then no they can not and fall under regular Active Duty bvut that activation can only be authorized by the President.

And all 50 states have a MOU with each other so if something happens in California a Guard unit in Indiana can be activated by the Governor Pence and deployed to California under the command of the California Governor and ADJ GEN.

I spent several years in the Air National Guard before retirement as a security Forces troop and have been activated under state orders a few times both here and in other states.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The point is, who do you put the red dot on? The National Guard soldiers I know and trained would not violate the Constitution, nor would the Active Duty. Maybe that is why we need more uniform distinction.

Sadly, I have to point out, that you can only speak for the soldiers you trained, but can't with any degree of confidence vouch for all others. There are police that are willing to violate the Constitution based on the orders they are given, certainly, however, there are just as many soldiers who would be willing to do the same. The uniform means nothing.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    There were soldiers from the national guard in BDUs at the finish line all day Monday. BPD's finest was 10ft away. Watch the videos that ran over and over again on TV, and 100% of them had their backs turned to the crowd where the blast came from. There was no shortage of security theater at the marathon.

I am glad to see that after disappearing from the internet Gecko45 did manage to get a job with the Mass State Police.

Also take note of how less significant the lives of these people (2 dead 41 wounded) are in the eyes of the the president, the media, the social media posts about thoughts for strangers (for many I feel the thoughts are done the moment it's on the wall too play the part) because the security theater was proven to be just that, theater; and the others died from a no less tragic, however more common and part of a growing trend, sequence of events.
    IRVING, Texas: Federal officials probe cause of fatal bus crash | Nation | Kentucky.com

What happened in Boston was also tragic, and I hope those responsible are brought to justice, and that people will use their brains to pay attention to what is around them and take action when something suspicious is going on. But I feel like the whole damn world throws perspective out the window the second the words breaking news pop up on the screen, that we end up with Bostonians begging for their rights to be taken on Patriots day, and still preach about how the terrorists won't win.

It's not uncommon for NG/Reserves to work at such events, they do recruiting and are around to promote their organization. My unit was just asked if anyone wants to volunteer to be at the Indy 500 to march in for the opening ceremony etc. You get free admission and can hang around for the event. I agree there was no reason to bring in the NG after the explosions, there was no civil disorder etc. and if they were just there for clean-up that's what the DPW is for not soldiers.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I fail to see the reasoning in having SWAT or State Police units wearing camouflage. Black works just fine--and makes it easier for us to denote them as police units vs. military. I've not been happy with the use of military, even national guard troops, in response to this.

There's not even any reason for them to be in tactical gear at all, they are just standing security or in the one picture checking vehicles, they can do that in their regular uniform, they don't need to play dress up.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, we are concerned about cops in salad suits?:dunno:

1. Have you seen the Massachusetts State Police? They dress like they are ready to invade Poland without the salad suits (Matt Damon's words).

2. They wear the salad suits because they are comfy/utilitarian and likely cheap for them.

I don't mind them playing dress up. The warrantless bag searches on the T always angered me. Almost got arrested on the Orange Line one summer when I told BPD where to stick it (that was the morning right after I got mugged).:D Just because it was so obvious who BPD was shaking down.

Is it me or is this guy pigeon toed? I can't see him chasing down much.

It's the two character stance from Wing Chun . . . or, he is starting to turn around.:D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There's not even any reason for them to be in tactical gear at all, they are just standing security or in the one picture checking vehicles, they can do that in their regular uniform, they don't need to play dress up.

Come on fellas....it is a show for the sheeple. All is well now, we are in control. Feel safe and go about your business.

Top Bottom