Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Hong Kong Protests - An example of why the 2A is important for defending freedom

User Info Menu

I don't think guns would have helped them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by poptab View Post
    I don't think guns would have helped them.
    It would have helped justify a full-fledged crackdown by the PLA, like in 1989.

Was HK gun-friendly before the takeover?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cobber View Post
    It would have helped justify a full-fledged crackdown by the PLA, like in 1989.

Was HK gun-friendly before the takeover?
    I don't know how friendly they were but I remember seeing what I thought looked like gun stores over there when I visited.
    INGOer #18,319

User Info Menu

Let that be my contrarian reply...

User Info Menu

Their technique for controlling tear gas rounds is pretty nifty. I don't think I'd seen that here in the states.

Dang Chinese are out-innovating us at protests.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

This has me worried. My oldest daughter is now teaching in Shenzhen, just a stone's throw across the border from Hong Kong. She's already under intense covert observation by the Chinese government, and this won't help any.
    Rights are only as secure as the ability to wield sufficient force to defend them. - J. Neil Schulman

“There's nothing wrong with the country a bad recession couldn't fix.” - Irving Kristol

"He's not a tame lion..."

1 Samuel 13:19

Psalm 149:6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post

Nice find!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GPIA7R again." Oy vey
    You may not be interested in war, but war is interested in you

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by spencer rifle View Post
    This has me worried. My oldest daughter is now teaching in Shenzhen, just a stone's throw across the border from Hong Kong. She's already under intense covert observation by the Chinese government, and this won't help any.
    I really think you should repatriate her post haste if able. China is rapidly becoming a place not safe for people from the free world. Any excuse will be made to make an example of an American...I'm sure their courts are as just as those in the old Soviet Onion. With the Carrier Ronald Reagan currently in the Philippines tensions are only going to go up.

No job is worth a potential trip to the Gulag.

I like the Chinese people, Chinese food and drink...I H8 the ChiComs.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

User Info Menu

As for the protestors in HK, this is not going to end well for them. Their riots and damage are becoming increasingly disassociated from any message they might be trying to convey. They don't want to become part of ChiComland and lose all their freedoms; unfortunately for them that boat has sailed. They awoke late to find themselves disarmed and surrounded by a heavily armed foe.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast