Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Thoughts on Deinstitutionalisation

I started reading about Deinstitutionalisation several weeks ago. I was curious as to why all the mental hospitals went away, and started searching a little. If you aren't familiar with the term, I encourage everyone to explore it. It is the root cause of a lot of our current issues, in my opinion.

Most of the mass shooters have a history of mental illness. We have a homeless epidemic, where people just give up on society, and decide to live under a bridge. In reality, I think we have a mental health epidemic, and the left is gonna use it to take away our guns, unless we address the real issue. Deinstitutionalisation.

President Trump referenced the lack of mental hospitals yesterday in his presser, and that we need to be creating new ones. Ben Shapiro touches on the issue in the thread that Bill of Rights started. https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/g...ust-watch.html

The mentally ill, walk among us today, because better drugs will allow them to function normally, if they take them. The problem seems to be that they don't take their meds, because they don't think they need them, because they are after all,
    mentally ill.

I think we need to institutionalize the mentally ill.
    Last edited by KJQ6945; 08-17-2019 at 15:10. Reason: I can't spell that word.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KJQ6945 View Post
    I started reading about Deinstitutionalisationseveral weeks ago. I was curious as to why all the mental hospitals went away, and started searching a little. If you aren't familiar with the term, I encourage everyone to explore it. It is the root cause of a lot of our current issues, in my opinion.

Most of the mass shooters have a history of mental illness. We have a homeless epidemic, where people just give up on society, and decide to live under a bridge. In reality, I think we have a mental health epidemic, and the left is gonna use it to take away our guns, unless we address the real issue. Deinstitutionalisation.

President Trump referenced the lack of mental hospitals yesterday in his presser, and that we need to be creating new ones. Ben Shapiro touches on the issue in the thread that Bill of Rights started. https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/g...ust-watch.html

The mentally ill, walk among us today, because better drugs will allow them to function normally, if they take them. The problem seems to be that they don't take their meds, because they don't think they need them, because they are after all,
    mentally ill.

I think we need to institutionalize the mentally ill.
    Or at least monitor them more closely.

Bipolars especially. We are so good at thoroughly managing that disorder that they decide one day that they are cured and no longer need their meds so they stop taking them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cameramonkey View Post
    Or at least monitor them more closely.

Bipolars especially. We are so good at thoroughly managing that disorder that they decide one day that they are cured and no longer need their meds so they stop taking them.
    Agreed. I didn't state that very well. I don't think everyone with a mental illness needs to be institutionalized.
    In the Shapiro video, he stated there were 1/2 a million people in mental hospitals in 1960, and we had a population of 180 million. Today, with nearly 330 million people, we have around 24,000.

They walk among us, they are buying guns, legally, and they are doing a lot of bad things.
    Last edited by KJQ6945; 08-17-2019 at 15:30.

User Info Menu

Agreed. I didn't state that very well. I don't think everyone with a metal illness needs to be institutionalized.
    In the Shapiro video, he stated there were 1/2 a million people in mental hospitals in 1960, and we had a population of 180 million. Today, with nearly 330 million people, we have around 24,000.

They walk among us, they are buying guns, legally, and they are doing a lot of bad things.
    You're right. There isnt enough room for every single Democrat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

There was a place at Tibbs and Washinton street. Indiana state facility and a branch in the north Tibbs area just south of the old Eagledale center. The branch was for the people that could function. They grew crops etc there.
    The main facility was for those that needed to be institutionalized.

I can not remember the sitting Governors name but they defended and closed the place in the mid 70's I am thinking. The north facility before that. Actual dates are not important but yes, the homeless issues went vertical on the graph when this happened.

There was one out by the Liberty Richmond area was well. Long gone.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Agreed. I didn't state that very well. I don't think everyone with a mental illness needs to be institutionalized.

Well, short of being labeled I am leaning towards "This is by design"

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

We also need to talk about these anti depressants that Big Pharma is pumping out. Just about every mass shooter has been linked to taking a Psychotropic or SSRI anti depressant. Watch the commercials for these drugs. What are some of the side effects. 1) Deep Depression and 2) homicidal/suicidal thoughts or actions.

Just seems a drug labeled as an anti- depressant and causes even deeper depression or suicidal thoughts is counterproductive. Just my

User Info Menu

I guess if your not 50+ You probably donít even know institutionalization was a thing? One of main reasons that the institutions were done away was you guessed it government mismanagement of healthcare. The average institution became a understaffed and funding was a issue with care of patients suffering. The Medicare bill did not provide coverage for inpatient mental health care.

BTW
    Geraldo exposed mistreatment at a institution that helped end the entire system!
    https://timeline.com/willowbrook-the...s-c847acb44e0d
    U.S. Army retired

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brad69 View Post
    I guess if your not 50+ You probably donít even know institutionalization was a thing? One of main reasons that the institutions were done away was you guessed it government mismanagement of healthcare. The average institution became a understaffed and funding was a issue with care of patients suffering. The Medicare bill did not provide coverage for inpatient mental health care.

BTW
    Geraldo exposed mistreatment at a institution that helped end the entire system!
    https://timeline.com/willowbrook-the...s-c847acb44e0d
    Well thats another plus for him. Little douche bag.
    Like the care our veterans are receiving, fix it.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

Ask yourself the question, who made a big block of cash by "de institutionalization"? The power of that law/lobby group will tell you if the current situation will every change. It won't, ever.

Always follow the money

Where's the Kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering Kaboom.

Marvin the Martian

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast