Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Taking a knee- Your thoughts

I dont know if this has been brought up lately but what are your guys thoughts on taking a knee for everything. My feelings are it's a total disrespect started by that football player, kneeling during the national anthem, under the pretext to protest police brutality, and racism I feel kneeling is showing total disrespect for our country as a whole and all the people that have fought and lost thier lives for the freedoms we hold dear. And a total disrespect for out great nations flag. now they are using to to protest anything, from precieved police brutality to racial discrimination, I understand that there is instances of the police using excessive force, but they are being dealt with legally, but dont they realize that if they didnt break the law they would not be having adverse contact with police,, just my thought. And taking a knee for racism which way is racism pointed today? I just cant understand any of it. It really boggles my mind. I have the deepest respect and love for our country, flag, and I will back the men and women in blue 100 percent. If the problems in this country are so bad for these people protesting and taking a knee , why dont they just leave and go to another country. Our founding fathers wrote the constitution and bill of right and I believe anyone who doesn't believe this is the greatest county in the world needs to reread it. And again if they dont like it.leave. I understand the 1st amendment and I believe in it 100 percent but to me it seems it's only one sided today. The amendment does not give them the right to burn loot and cause mayhem to to everyone and disrupt people trying to go about there daily affairs.I hope this ramble makes since and if I am out of line with anything I said moderators feel free to delete this post. I would like others thoughts on these subjects as everyday they bother me more and more.
    Last edited by ARRAY; 4 Weeks Ago at 23:48.

User Info Menu

I mean no disrespect but, as I have been reading on a computer most of the day (mostly working ), my eyes have an even harder time sifting through a wall o' text like that.

I can't even try to read it.

Whitespace is very helpful to effective written communication.

The <Enter> key is your friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Franklin
    Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tench Coxe
    Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Blakstone
    It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Sorry I know it's long it's just somethings I had to get off my chest.

Master

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ARRAY View Post
    Sorry I know it's long it's just somethings I had to get off my chest.
    You miss the point. Make paragraphs that make your thoughts readable on the forum. It is just a huge block of text that is hard to follow...

Expert

User Info Menu

Taking a knee? Let's go back to the old way:

User Info Menu

Free country, do what you want.

But if you're a football QB, and do your best work on your knees...don't expect to have a job.

Nothing personal.

User Info Menu

You kneel before God, kneeling before anything else is blasphemy.

These people worship their political ideology, a non-theistic religion they have created for themselves, and demand your conversion to.
    Do not interrupt your enemy while they are making a mistake.

User Info Menu

I stand and salute the flag and the anthem, I take a knee for no man.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

User Info Menu

I think the absolute most absurd thing imaginal is that taking a knee is the most effective way for a group of millionaires that have microphones shoved in their faces every Sunday to get a message across to the masses. The only message I am receiving is that they are a bunch of idiots.
    INGO - too small for a republic, too large for an insane asylum.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rob63 View Post
    I think the absolute most absurd thing imaginal is that taking a knee is the most effective way for a group of millionaires that have microphones shoved in their faces every Sunday to get a message across to the masses. The only message I am receiving is that they are a bunch of idiots.
    Exactly right. They have the fame and the $$ to make a real difference if they chose to do so. To kneel during the Anthem for their jobs where they're getting paid by the American public for their appearance is very disrespectful. Not to mention they're dumbasses anyway because what they're kneeling for is mostly BS. Instead of worrying about police brutality, which is pretty rare, maybe they should worry about and speak about the amount of black on black crime and fatherless black homes which are much higher priorities. Hard to take them seriously when they're disrespectful to the people who pay them and wrongheaded at the same time.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast