• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    *crickets* T.Lex? PaulF? Anybody want to explain this?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/07/02/bl...lin-kaepernick

Explain what?

If you want evidence of Trump's divisiveness look at his job approval numbers...'nuff said to that point. Speaking for myself, Trump has definitely pushed me away from the American Political Right.

Do you want me to defend the divisiveness coming from the left? I won't. I think its abhorrent. This is one of the many things from the last three decades that has pushed me away from the American Political Left.

Do you want me to comment on the NFL's decision to play the "black national anthem" in addition to the Star Spangled Banner? Fine...I couldn't care less. I have better things to do than watch other people play a game. I don't have a single **** to give about what songs they listen to.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    All I hear is waah, the United States isn't perfect, hence the Gorshkov quote

When you look at this  do you think of Boris Johnson or the shortcomings of the Conservatives, or do you think of America's most reliable friend of the last 150 years. When you look at this  do you think of Angela Merkel and Christian Democrats mortaging their future and their souls to Russian gas or do you think of the country built on the ashes of Nazi Germany and how they held out through the Berlin airlift and with the iron curtain virtually on their door step and bravely undertook reunification when the USSR collapsed

I'm sure Kaepernick approves of the sophistry

This is EXACTLY what I mean. Those symbols bring none of those things to my mind...foreign flags make me think of the stupid soccer games my wife watches on the Internet.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    There's a disconnect here (not specifically in any particular post, but in the general claims that the kneeling is disrespectful): Many are complaining that the rioters need to protest peacefully while still actively calling for the end of a peaceful protest. It's almost like you're really just asking that nobody protest.

Now, to chime in on a few things that have been said:
    Two things:

First people have fought and died for that flag. The flag IS NOT a symbol of the government, but the symbol of our country and our freedom.

People didn't fight and die for the flag; they fought and died for the ideas the flag is supposed to represent.

The people who are kneeling at the flag are not kneeling because they disagree with the ideals. They are calling attention to those ideals, trying to push the country to do a better job of living up to those ideals.

Honestly, it seems to me that the people who are calling on the country to live up to those ideals are more respectful of the flag than those who stand and cover their hearts while ignoring a government that regularly tramples across those ideals. Calling for the government to actually be what we say it's supposed to be seems like taking the flag a lot more seriously.

Secondly, as I've said, I have no problems with people protesting for whatever they want to protest about, just how they're doing it. If they were protesting during a news conference they called and then stating the money and effort they plan to contribute for a solution, that's perfectly fine.

People have done that, and nobody paid attention. The general public responded, "Stick to sports." Kaepernick found a peaceful, nonconfrontational way to get people to listen to his message. People threw a fit and chose to ignore the message, pretending that he was protesting the flag itself (or national anthem) rather than protesting the government that flag represents.

The kneeling wasn't even his idea; retired Green Beret Nate Boyer suggested it because he thought it wasn't disrespectful.

Kneeling has never been a show of disrespect... until, somehow, this time.

The flag symbolizes the country and its aspirations and ideals.

Perfect is the enemy of good enough, grow the **** up

Are they really ideals or aspirations if we're inclined to say, "good enough"?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    There's a disconnect here (not specifically in any particular post, but in the general claims that the kneeling is disrespectful): Many are complaining that the rioters need to protest peacefully while still actively calling for the end of a peaceful protest. It's almost like you're really just asking that nobody protest.

People didn't fight and die for the flag; they fought and died for the ideas the flag is supposed to represent.

The people who are kneeling at the flag are not kneeling because they disagree with the ideals. They are calling attention to those ideals, trying to push the country to do a better job of living up to those ideals.

Honestly, it seems to me that the people who are calling on the country to live up to those ideals are more respectful of the flag than those who stand and cover their hearts while ignoring a government that regularly tramples across those ideals. Calling for the government to actually be what we say it's supposed to be seems like taking the flag a lot more seriously.

People have done that, and nobody paid attention. The general public responded, "Stick to sports." Kaepernick found a peaceful, nonconfrontational way to get people to listen to his message. People threw a fit and chose to ignore the message, pretending that he was protesting the flag itself (or national anthem) rather than protesting the government that flag represents.

The kneeling wasn't even his idea; retired Green Beret Nate Boyer suggested it because he thought it wasn't disrespectful.

The message is a big part of the problem as it's :poop:. The facts are that police shootings of blacks aren't actually that common and when they are it's almost always justified. More whites are shot than blacks. Blacks make up a larger portion of the criminal element so what's surprising is that there aren't more shot then we actually see. If they want to kneel for a real message for the black community, they would kneel for the number of young black men killed by other black men, which far surpasses the number of young black men killed by the police. That's a real problem, but you don't see anyone kneeling for that.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Perfection is an absolute and therefore quite unachievable

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What is your point?

Do you mean, then, that there are no ideals or aspirations? Or do you mean that, since failure is a given, no effort at all should be expended?

Only in response to my posts.

The disrespect past what they are doing in regards to the flag (which I personally find lacking any respect whatsoever) is the venue.
    Protest on your time and make your statements not mine. If I have paid for some entertainment then take that crap outside. I will respect you more for doing that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Only in response to my posts.

The disrespect past what they are doing in regards to the flag (which I personally find lacking any respect whatsoever) is the venue.
    Protest on your time and make your statements not mine. If I have paid for some entertainment then take that crap outside. I will respect you more for doing that.

And I quoted the wrong post.....:faint:

Lets keep it on track fellas. Please.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

The people who are kneeling at the flag are not kneeling because they disagree with the ideals.

I think you're confusing your values for their values.

The camp that is kneeling is the same camp that is calling for curtailing freedom of speech, gun rights, privacy rights, and due process rights.
    They openly call the constitution and our founding white supremacy. They are tearing down monuments of our founders and civil rights activists on a daily basis.

They fundamentally disagree with the very existence of this country and believe, through its destruction, they will be forgiven for their sins.

Either that, or they're getting very rich off of pulling stunts.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    IMO what started as an act of protest has now become an act of fealty and submission to wokeness, as displayed by Pelosi & Co donning their Obedience Masks and appropriated African scarves or whatever and literally bending the knee to BLM. I honestly had more respect for what Kapernick was doing, he made an original statement and paid a price for it. Now it's a symbol of submission, compliance, and allegiance to the new woke religion. Bending the knee like a defeated lord submitting to his conqueror, for fear of being dragged off and beheaded if he does not.

Also Tim Tebow did it before it was cool. :laugh:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If you take a knee during the anthem because it's your 1st amendment right then it is my 1st amendment right to call you a worthless commie ****ing piece of **** to your face; loudly and in public.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    You kneel before God, kneeling before anything else is blasphemy.

These people worship their political ideology, a non-theistic religion they have created for themselves, and demand your conversion to.
    If you don't believe in God you consider yourself the highest power and we have an epidemic of that right now.. Never considered kneeling, other than to God and I never will.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What is your point?

Do you mean, then, that there are no ideals or aspirations? Or do you mean that, since failure is a given, no effort at all should be expended?

My point is if you and those like you will wait until America is perfect to give it your approval, it will be a long wait. Meanwhile, we'll just get on with building upon its myriad successes

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Just stop all anthems at sporting events. Easy solution.

Holding your piece[don't go there, printcraft] (ie: silence) is no longer allowed, in today's cancel culture if you are not bellowing your wokeness at the top of your lungs then you are with the enemy

bnighter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I would like to take my foot to the people who take a knee during the Natl Anthem. Would like to predict if these people take a knee during the African Anthem?

Top Bottom