Page 207 of 215 FirstFirst ... 107 157 197 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2150

Thread: Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

  1. #2061
    Cogito, ergo porto.
    Bill of Rights's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpo View Post
    The basic rule of gun safety is to never handle a firearm when intoxicated. You know that.

    Apparently Wisconsin statutes make it a punishable Class A misdemeanor.
    Well, I’m safe, I don’t drink alcohol at all. I have to agree though, that I’ve never seen a working crystal ball that predicts when one will need his/her gun.

    Will a prosecutor who is anti-gun go out of his way to attempt to show irresponsibility on the part of the defender? Without a doubt. My father used to say “it can be very expensive to be right.”

    That said, is it your argument that a person loses his right to defend his life and safety, or those of his family, because he has been drinking alcohol-containing beverages?

    Blessings,
    Bill

    Thanks for your help in keeping this a great forum!
    Forum Rules#######Classifieds Rules##############?!?! wait...what?

  2. #2062
    Grandmaster Alpo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    No. Of course the right of self defense is basic.

    But, do it drunk and there could be serious legal consequences. Did the drunkenness contribute to an escalating conflict that might have been avoided if sober? Was the drunk mentally impaired in his assessment of the situation and saw a threat where a sober individual might not? Do the facts support an actual threat of great bodily harm to the man? There are so many possibilities that could come about that might mitigate the "right" to self defense because of intoxication. A prosecutor's field day, if you will.

    In this circumstance, there was no immediate threat of entry by the protesters afaik. The man had been arrested on the prior day for disorderly conduct and a threat with a deadly weapon. Within 24 hours, he is apparently drunk again with another deadly weapon in hand. Was it appropriate to separate this man from another deadly weapon?

    I think it's reasonable.
    I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© Señor Mouse)

  3. #2063
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpo View Post
    The basic rule of gun safety is to never handle a firearm when intoxicated. You know that.

    Apparently Wisconsin statutes make it a punishable Class A misdemeanor.
    Never be intoxicated even at home. You never know when you might need to protect yourself from angry racist democrats.
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.

  4. #2064
    Grandmaster Alpo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I find it curious. Any reasonable person who viewed the cop's video of the shoot knows it was a good shoot. Yet, some here defend a drunk gun owner with an apparent series of "problems" to the nth degree.

    Stupid exists on both sides of the argument. I attempt to never align with morons.
    I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© Señor Mouse)

  5. #2065
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpo View Post
    I find it curious. Any reasonable person who viewed the cop's video of the shoot knows it was a good shoot. Yet, some here defend a drunk gun owner with an apparent series of "problems" to the nth degree.

    Stupid exists on both sides of the argument. I attempt to never align with morons.
    More than one thing can be true at the same time. People have a right to defend themselves. One should have a reasonable expectation that one’s own home should be safe enough to be intoxicated, without needing a firearm to defend oneself. But if such trouble should arise, being intoxicated should not prohibit self protection. But, being intoxicated will impede judgement. So if you bring firearms into the context you better be right, and when you’re intoxicated there’s a good chance you’ll judge wrongly.

    I look at it this way. If it would be reasonable for a sober person to fear for his life and bring the firearm into the event, it’s reasonable even if drunk. He never pointed it at anyone in any of the videos I saw. So what about you? Let’s say you’re completely sober and an angry mob is outside harassing you. I’d call the police. And I’d have a firearm at the ready. I would not position myself in the window though. That’s ****ing creepy as hell.
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.

  6. #2066
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Really that case goes to show you that you should own a bullhorn. You get a an angry crowd like that you have to heckle them.

    Start talking about the way they’re dressed. Insult their manhood. Say a bunch of “yo mama” jokes.

    Ooh. Here’s a good one. Correct their grammar when they chant stuff.

    Maybe start reciting the preamble to the constitution. Sing the star spangled banner off key.

    If you want to put them to sleep, start reading Atlas Shrugged over the bullhorn.
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.

  7. #2067
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Is it a violation of the 8th if a citizen does it rather than court ordered?

    Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    If you want to put them to sleep, start reading Atlas Shrugged over the bullhorn.

  8. #2068
    Grandmaster Alpo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    Really that case goes to show you that you should own a bullhorn. You get a an angry crowd like that you have to heckle them.

    Start talking about the way they’re dressed. Insult their manhood. Say a bunch of “yo mama” jokes.

    Ooh. Here’s a good one. Correct their grammar when they chant stuff.

    Maybe start reciting the preamble to the constitution. Sing the star spangled banner off key.

    If you want to put them to sleep, start reading Atlas Shrugged over the bullhorn.
    I can pull out my Fender Amp and give them a rendition of Hendrix's Star Spangled Banner.
    I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© Señor Mouse)

  9. #2069
    Grandmaster foszoe's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    While I hate to be Mr. Obvious, you will need to plug in a guitar first to do it justice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpo View Post
    I can pull out my Fender Amp and give them a rendition of Hendrix's Star Spangled Banner.
    Orthodox Christian | NRA | GOA | MGNOC | ARRL Member | Purdue Alumnus

  10. #2070
    Grandmaster Alpo's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Some people understood the context already, Foz. But, I'll make sure I mansplain it for you next time.
    I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© Señor Mouse)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •