Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Do you have some sort of magic that will make this obviously superior path a reality?

...'cause otherwise, I think we still need to think of ways to try to avoid shooting people unless it is absolutely necessary.

OddSoftAfricanbushviper-size_restricted.gif

Home training?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I sincerely hope his LEO protection just ended. Why would any LEO, protect this man? (There are limits to professional duty)

Edited after clarification. They will do their job regardless if they like the principle or not. That is how Dignitary Protection Details work.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What "LEO protection" are you talking about? You mean, not rushing to judgement? Was the use of force "Objectively reasonable"? That is the standard by which our UoF is judged since 1989. I would venture to guess few non-LEO even know what "objectively reasonable" means. I provided a nice summary of the SCOTUS ruling that all UoF is judged by. https://www.fletc.gov/sites/default/files/PartIGrahamvConnor.pdf

Because the video alone cannot answer the questions required to examine the legality of this UoF, most officers would wait until more facts are known. The internet legal beagles will pass enough judgement for all of us.

I think he was talking about the governor's police protection. Sorry to Denny it up... ;)

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I seem to recall Minnesota governor Mark Dayton similarly throwing a LEO under the bus hours after a police action shooting, long before any semblance of an investigation could even yield preliminary results. Maybe in 2017, if I remember right.

Seems to be a regional malady up there.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    A friend of mine works for Kenosha County SO. The officer isn't dead.

That's really good to hear. Hopefully he can make a full recovery, that looked pretty bad.

On another note, I think the public education system needs to do more to explain to people that when a group of cops has guns drawn on you, you do not pretend it's opposite day and then act like you're a victim.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's hard to hear, but were the LEOs shouting "Drop the knife"?

The WI governor has released a statement:
    eUhLM0x.jpg
    Notice how the pandering Gov'nor and his wife Kathy did'nt join with family, friends and neighbors of the Officer that got his head bashed in with a brick in hoping earnestly that he will not succumb to his injuries. He might as well just flat out invite everyone to come and torch Kenosha and tell them "We stand with you"

What a POS.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Need a lot more facts to conclude what prompted the escalation to a discharged firearm.

Optics support additional confirmation that police reform is mandatory.

Personally, it certainly looks like the cop is the worst type of coward....but I'll await more facts on the runup to the shoot.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Need a lot more facts to conclude what prompted the escalation to a discharged firearm.

Optics support additional confirmation that police reform is mandatory.

Personally, it certainly looks like the cop is the worst type of coward....but I'll await more facts on the runup to the shoot.

I remember what happened when an officer allowed a criminal to get back into his car.

[video=youtube;Q5mLw2iYtXQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5mLw2iYtXQ[/video]

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yeah. It looks like the black guy may have gone quickly for a handgun. The cops actions might be totally justified. If there isn't a handgun there, however......

The optics aren't good.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yeah. It looks like the black guy may have gone quickly for a handgun. The cops actions might be totally justified. If there isn't a handgun there, however......

The optics aren't good.

It doesn't really matter if there was a weapon or not, the question that should be asked is what prevented the individual from stopping and following orders?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    It doesn't really matter if there was a weapon or not, the question that should be asked is what prevented the individual from stopping and following orders?

I dunno, I think it kinda matters. Not following orders isn’t a death sentence. I’m a huge supporter of LEO, but that isn’t to say I condone shooting a perp for disobeying an order. Now, if a weapon was present, that changes a lot.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    You know how many bad guys dont follow simple orders and then start shooting.....

Go watch some vids on Youtube.....doughnut operator channel.

The thugs are damn quick on the trigger.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    You know how many bad guys dont follow simple orders and then start shooting.....

Go watch some vids on Youtube.....doughnut operator channel.

The thugs are damn quick on the trigger.

I understand that, but there has to be a line, and without a weapon being presented or in view I can’t agree with using deadly force for the sole purpose of not following orders. Once a deadly threat is identified by all means empty the entire magazine and reload for all I care.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Excellent post! anytime someone bets on a plinker getting shootered for simply disagreeing with the majority, it's a great post!

Taken by itself as a post, I'd usually agree with you. However, given the level of snark by a poster still in single digits, it fairly screams " I'll take washes out in a blaze of ignomy within two weeks, Alex.". At least that's what I see.

Top Bottom