Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    This seems awfully premature, and reckless by the governor. I can't imagine any investigation into this has produced conclusive results in such a short amount of time. I'm reminded of the case in St. Louis, where many said man shot was shot in the back and after investigation found that wasn't true at all.

Elected officials need to stop "green lighting" riots, part of their job is to keep the peace.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    A friend of mine works for Kenosha County SO. The officer isn't dead.

Frank,

Hindsight is 20/20...but what are your thoughts about not physically blocking him from trying to re-enter the car or not taking him down with other than lethal force before he gets to the vehicle? At the moment he opens the door and starts reaching, sure. I see the justification. My questions is whether it could have been safer for everyone, obviously including the cops, to not allow him to access the vehicle.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Not saying this one was... But senseless killing by LEOS needs to stop. AND... This insane, dangerous rioting needs to stop. There's no way either is going to help heal this country. Angry mobs should be treated with swift, decisive action but peaceful protest should still be allowed. Right to peaceful assembly right? And LEOS who make a bad name for all the great Americans out there actually serving and protecting with honor should be dealt with swift, decisive action. However, they should still get their day in court. Right to jury by peers, right? The biggest issue is that our leadership is too scared and too weak to actually do something. Trump's a POS hiding behind an air of superiority and has zero clue on how to handle literally everything. A freaking manchild. And Biden's just as bad. So, don't expect it to get better if he's elected... And we have no one to blame but ourselves.

So, what exactly in your opinion should trump do that would satisfy the people rioting?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Welcome to....nah, there's the door. With no one to blame but ourselves you seem to be indiscriminately dispensing fair amounts of blame.

Yep. Everything that happens in Wisconsin is Indiana citizens fault... sounds like obummer blaming Chicago on Indiana.

Man, maybe Indiana is the reason there’s no world peace

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    No question, the cops ****ed up bad. they should have let him get in the car, seen if he was retrieving a weapon, let him in use any such weapon, let the cops' families bury them and then use their time machine to go back in time and throw bags of money at him until he a accepted an apology from the president and everyone in the neighborhood got free mansions, maids and their own reality TV show where they show their ass all day and night and everyone cheers for them.

That is the only way this could have played out to avoid yet another execution by these unhinged racists.

Maybe some more chicks screaming could have helped the cops navigate the situation too.

Based on what I saw in the video, he dindunuffin.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Frank,

Hindsight is 20/20...but what are your thoughts about not physically blocking him from trying to re-enter the car or not taking him down with other than lethal force before he gets to the vehicle? At the moment he opens the door and starts reaching, sure. I see the justification. My questions is whether it could have been safer for everyone, obviously including the cops, to not allow him to access the vehicle.

One of the witnesses said that the police attempted to use a Taser.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    One of the witnesses said that the police attempted to use a Taser.

Yes. I heard that.

Some time ago, one of our INGO LEOs (don't remember who), if I recall, lamented the growing reticence to go "hands on", leading to more drawing the weapon and the needed for shoot/don't shoot decisions. I understand that police are in a near "no win" situation, but I am just trying to think about what could have prevented the need for deadly force.

To me, it starts with cutting off access to the vehicle.

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    man, can you imagine bending over so that the cops can only shoot you in the ass with the taser, and one of the probes connects with your nuts? :faint:

hotnuts.jpg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yes. I heard that.

One of our INGO LEOs (don't remember who), if I recall, lamented the growing reticence to go "hands on". I understand that police are in a near "no win" situation, but I am just trying to think about what could have prevented the need for deadly force.

To me, it starts with cutting off access to the vehicle.

Just spit ballin' here but...
    The perp complying with the officers and not trying to escape/get a weapon in the car in the first place.
    :dunno:
    Call me crazy.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Tony Evers is a Communist just like the BLM fools. He is happy to stoke the rioting because he, like the rest of the Communists, is looking to create chaos and a power vacuum. That's what the Communists have always tried to create to assume power.

Riots, murders, lawlessness and the people will call for powerful action to stop it all and guess who will be positioned to be the answer? The hidden Communists who have been planning for that day for a century.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Just spit ballin' here but...
    The perp complying with the officers and not trying to escape/get a weapon in the car in the first place.
    :dunno:
    Call me crazy.

Do you have some sort of magic that will make this obviously superior path a reality?

...'cause otherwise, I think we still need to think of ways to try to avoid shooting people unless it is absolutely necessary.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Excellent post! anytime someone bets on a plinker getting shootered for simply disagreeing with the majority, it's a great post!

Not saying this one was... But senseless killing by LEOS needs to stop. AND... This insane, dangerous rioting needs to stop. There's no way either is going to help heal this country. Angry mobs should be treated with swift, decisive action but peaceful protest should still be allowed. Right to peaceful assembly right? And LEOS who make a bad name for all the great Americans out there actually serving and protecting with honor should be dealt with swift, decisive action. However, they should still get their day in court. Right to jury by peers, right? The biggest issue is that our leadership is too scared and too weak to actually do something. Trump's a POS hiding behind an air of superiority and has zero clue on how to handle literally everything. A freaking manchild. And Biden's just as bad. So, don't expect it to get better if he's elected... And we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Top Bottom