Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 131

Thread: Poll suggest support for Gov. Holcomb slipping

  1. #111
    Master CampingJosh's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    Believe or don't but my doctor said I need to eat more salt as my pressure is low. Go figure.
    Your blood pressure is low? In that case, let me start some new threads to get your blood boiling.
    "The problem with internet quotations is that many are not genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

  2. #112
    I still care....Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by CampingJosh View Post
    Your blood pressure is low? In that case, let me start some new threads to get your blood boiling.
    How did I know you were going to say that.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t

    Forum Rules

    Classified Rules

    FAQ

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

  3. #113
    Grandmaster BugI02's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SumtnFancy View Post
    Man, using your foolish, misguided opinion to stop other people from freely living their lives gets you labeled as a freedom hater? That's harsh.

    Also, why do you care if someone else uses a crutch? Do you also judge people who need to use a physical crutch to walk? Have you ever witnessed someone have an actual benefit from cannabis oil? I have, my FIL, who has had Parkinsons for almost 20 years and can now finally unclench his hands and jaw to ALMOST sleep through the night. Shame on him for needing a crutch.

    And there is already an age requirement, just like alcohol. I guess maybe certain people shouldn't be able to have guns until they prove themselves worthy first, or don't live with their parents? Maybe people shouldn't be able to breed unless you give them permission too?

    Maybe Holcomb represents the doughy stick population pretty well.
    Oh, 4 percenter, eh?
    Just because individuals make poor decisions it doesn't mean governments make better ones

  4. #114
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    Oh, 4 percenter, eh?

    Doughy freedom hater, eh?

    Should have known since you are from Columbus that conversing with you would be a waste of time.

  5. #115
    I still care....Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Fellas...........Play nice.

    SF you are pushing some boundary's and the guy in (what the heck color is that anyway) knows what's up so this will stoop right now.
    If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t

    Forum Rules

    Classified Rules

    FAQ

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

  6. #116
    Grandmaster jamil's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    It's an analog of the mask debate. Can we just once not be branded freedom-haters if we are concerned that too many people want a crutch

    And I will say I have changed my mind on the freedom issue and apologized to phylodog for being a dick. I would be fine with ameliorating the federal consequences of electing to use in a state that legalizes (such as firearms related issues), but I think it should be the state's right to legalize or not without federal pressure

    Maybe some kind of requirement that it isn't legal unless you're out of Mom and Dad's basement and living on your own (with a job and not on the dole)
    If you're going to want laws against crutches, why not push a law against every "crutch" to be consistent? But then that kinda puts you in authoritarian territory doesn't it? If you're really all that concerned about people wanting a crutch, could you offer more than your support for banning it? Banning it hasn't done anything to stop it. It just creates a reason to put these people in jail.
    I have spoken.
    If you’re woke you dig it.

  7. #117
    Grandmaster Cameramonkey's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    If you're going to want laws against crutches, why not push a law against every "crutch" to be consistent? But then that kinda puts you in authoritarian territory doesn't it? If you're really all that concerned about people wanting a crutch, could you offer more than your support for banning it? Banning it hasn't done anything to stop it. It just creates a reason to put these people in jail.

    THIS! Without meaningful standards, it becomes "just do something!" and not necessarily does any good. lets look at sandbags. .gov says a flood is coming so you must sandbag your property. It doesnt matter what you use. I didnt have any of those canvas or plastic bags but I do have a ton of paper lunch sacks. So I'll just use those. I'm doing something... (but it will be ineffective the minute the rain starts falling and gets the paper wet)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

  8. #118
    Grandmaster BugI02's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by jamil View Post
    If you're going to want laws against crutches, why not push a law against every "crutch" to be consistent? But then that kinda puts you in authoritarian territory doesn't it? If you're really all that concerned about people wanting a crutch, could you offer more than your support for banning it? Banning it hasn't done anything to stop it. It just creates a reason to put these people in jail.
    IMO the freedom==weed crowd are running a propaganda campaign worthy of BLM. I'm not campaigning to make weed illegal, it already is. I just don't see legalization as even in the top ten problems facing the country. I have personal reasons for thinking it is a bad idea, just like all the people who cite cancer suffering presumably have personal reasons to desire it. I'm not campaigning to legalize it, so silence equals death (of liberty and/or freedom) or something. I must think like the (4%) mob or I hate liberty. Grow up, people are not always going to agree with you; I would think, given your body of work, that you wouldn't countenance the use of that as evidence that makes them somehow less American or patriotic or somehow 'other'

    If you can't convince your own state government to legalize something, maybe those who want to leverage federal power for trivial concerns should examine their own purity
    Just because individuals make poor decisions it doesn't mean governments make better ones

  9. #119
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    IMO the freedom==
    "I'm not campaigning to legalize it, so silence equals death"

    If you can't convince your own state government to legalize something, maybe those who want to leverage federal power for trivial concerns should examine their own purity
    No, silence from you would be very welcomed by many here,, judging from the messages I've received. It might not be important to you, but then keep scrolling.

    Also, I know their whole concept of liberty and States right is over your head, but no one is leveraging for the federal government to force states to legalize it. It is currently a States rights issue, and unfortunately our state is ran by a doughy, do nothing, stick-in-the-mud who claims he will not address it until it is legalized federally. So what is next? Working to get the .gov to reschedule it so its not being held in the same regard as heroin. That is hardly "leveraging for federal power" over the states.

  10. #120
    Grandmaster BugI02's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SumtnFancy View Post
    No, silence from you would be very welcomed by many here,, judging from the messages I've received. It might not be important to you, but then keep scrolling.

    Also, I know their whole concept of liberty and States right is over your head, but no one is leveraging for the federal government to force states to legalize it. It is currently a States rights issue, and unfortunately our state is ran by a doughy, do nothing, stick-in-the-mud who claims he will not address it until it is legalized federally. So what is next? Working to get the .gov to reschedule it so its not being held in the same regard as heroin. That is hardly "leveraging for federal power" over the states.
    I'm glad to see so many are willing to hold your coat while you 'put me in my place'

    Best of luck with that

    Just because individuals make poor decisions it doesn't mean governments make better ones

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •