• DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Typical defeatist bull****.

"Oh boo hoo, woe is me, what are we gonna do??!?!? Cant vote for a RINO, and Cant vote for a Dem. We're screwed!"

"So vote 3rd party; he's a good candidate. There are other choices."

"We cant do that, that would be silly. As I was saying.... boo hoo, woe is me... "

:rolleyes:

Does anyone (outside of INGO and maybe some Libertarian facebook page) even know who he is? If he's that good a candidate, where is his advertising campaign? He might be great, but if only a couple hundred people in the state even know who he is? What's he gonna do? That's not defeatist. That's realist.

Like it or not, in order to get elected somebody's got to spend a LOT of money to get their name out there. I haven't seen that from any Libertarian candidate, have you? So he appeals to Libertartians that know who he is. What about the other few million people necessary to win an election?

At least Rupert (whom I actually voted for, btw) had name recognition from being on Survivor.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Typical defeatist bull****.

"Oh boo hoo, woe is me, what are we gonna do??!?!? Cant vote for a RINO, and Cant vote for a Dem. We're screwed!"

"So vote 3rd party; he's a good candidate. There are other choices."

"We cant do that, that would be silly. As I was saying.... boo hoo, woe is me... "

:rolleyes:

I got your boo-hoo hoo my friend and I am no defeatist. To the contrary I see this all through very clear eyes. I have lived through this cycle before. And I do not like what I am seeing.

Do as you will. It is your vote. I stand with you in this right to use it any way you see fit. That I think you have lost touch is in the end not even a glitch on the big screen.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I looked at Rainwater's website and see he is proposing eliminating income tax and property tax. Has he said how he plans to replace that income?

Call or email him and ask! He's a local guy, not some DC elite surrounded by layers of staff and security.

And a LOT of people are realizing who he is. He's polling far better than any other Libertarian so far as far as I can remember.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    From his FB posts

I have been asked quite a few times how we would replace the revenue, if we eliminate the individual income tax and the personal property tax. I wouldn't replace it...period.

In order to reduce the size and scope of state government, we must reduce government spending. Indiana's state government is not underfunded, by any means. We need to understand the state budget process. Our state government determines how much tax revenue they believe they will generate and, then, they budget to spend it all.

We need to reverse this trend. State government should determine how much it needs to do its Constitutionally-limited job, then collect enough to fund it. This isn't what is happening. Too much Hoosier taxpayer money is being wasted, simply because they collected it.

I will not seek to find new ways to steal from Hoosiers. I will seek to find ways to eliminate fraud, waste, and abuse from the Indiana budget.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Individual income tax revenues for 2017- $5.7B and 2018- $6B. Income tax is the second largest revenue source (33%) in the State budget.
    Property taxes essentially fund local government, primarily schools. These entities are not controlled by the Governor but rely on property taxes for operating costs. Indiana collects about $6B per year in property tax.

The sacred cow of government spending is school funding. He would have to find alternative revenue sources to replace school funding because taxpayers will not stand for even minor cuts to school budgets. And yes, I agree that schools are the largest source of waste/fraud/abuse but Karens love it.

Eliminating income and property taxes reduces tax revenue by about $12B/yr. This isn't realistic.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    From his FB posts

I have been asked quite a few times how we would replace the revenue, if we eliminate the individual income tax and the personal property tax. I wouldn't replace it...period.

In order to reduce the size and scope of state government, we must reduce government spending. Indiana's state government is not underfunded, by any means. We need to understand the state budget process. Our state government determines how much tax revenue they believe they will generate and, then, they budget to spend it all.

We need to reverse this trend. State government should determine how much it needs to do its Constitutionally-limited job, then collect enough to fund it. This isn't what is happening. Too much Hoosier taxpayer money is being wasted, simply because they collected it.

I will not seek to find new ways to steal from Hoosiers. I will seek to find ways to eliminate fraud, waste, and abuse from the Indiana budget.

Sounds like Trump. Interesting but just like Trump when you cut the money supply they start to scream like smashed cats. I get it. I would love to see it. If only.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Individual income tax revenues for 2017- $5.7B and 2018- $6B. Income tax is the second largest revenue source (33%) in the State budget.
    Property taxes essentially fund local government, primarily schools. These entities are not controlled by the Governor but rely on property taxes for operating costs. Indiana collects about $6B per year in property tax.

The sacred cow of government spending is school funding. He would have to find alternative revenue sources to replace school funding because taxpayers will not stand for even minor cuts to school budgets. And yes, I agree that schools are the largest source of waste/fraud/abuse but Karens love it.

Eliminating income and property taxes reduces tax revenue by about $12B/yr. This isn't realistic.

Smashed cats. Loud screaming smashed cats.

Yes the schools are sucking us dry and not providing a solid return for the money spent. We are closing schools due to "White Flight" (must be that privilege thing)
    and yet they want more and more for less and less.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Smashed cats. Loud screaming smashed cats.

Yes the schools are sucking us dry and not providing a solid return for the money spent. We are closing schools due to "White Flight" (must be that privilege thing)
    and yet they want more and more for less and less.

Yep, they think that they can just fix everything by throwing more $$ at the schools.

Riddle me this, Batman. If Andre doesnt want to go to school and learn because education is for losers, how is throwing more $$ at the school on his behalf (increased per student spending) going to change his attitude? IT. WONT!

And the biggest problem in K12 is too many chiefs, not enough indians! The amount of administrative bull:poop: er, I mean overhead is astounding. Do we REALLY need that many non-teaching people? It reminds me of communist countries where positions were created to create jobs.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep, they think that they can just fix everything by throwing more $$ at the schools.

Riddle me this, Batman. If Andre doesnt want to go to school and learn because education is for losers, how is throwing more $$ at the school on his behalf (increased per student spending) going to change his attitude? IT. WONT!

And the biggest problem in K12 is too many chiefs, not enough indians! The amount of administrative bull:poop: er, I mean overhead is astounding. Do we REALLY need that many non-teaching people? It reminds me of communist countries where positions were created to create jobs.

Bingo. In my time running commercial/industrial service some of the most sought after work was schools. The money was insane. The specs for the work were insane. The number of chiefs involved was insane. The ebb and flow of money was insane. I loved the work as it was clean and rewarding but people.....please.....if you only knew how all this worked.

No the attitudes will not change because the kids are taught this at home. What you are doing with your kids Monkey is the key. When the covid locked our nuts in a Government box (Yes I said it so report me. I am over due for an infraction/tongue lashing anyway) my daughter said she was going to home school which really excited us. CKW and I volunteered to teach subjects. CKW math and me history. (I can read a damned book OK) but in the end her lazy ass did the E-learning which is a complete waste of time/energy/tax money. Yes the Mouse is seriously pissed off. I might be going out in a blaze of glory. Death by Bigtanker. How glorious.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010

The city of Rushville (total population 6,000) has two elementary schools with two separate sets of administrators. This seems wasteful enough just on its face, but once you realize both of those schools are in the same building, you don't believe one word the school leadership says about trying to save money.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    I like what Dan Bongino says, in that there are a lot of Republicans who think and act like Democrats, but NO Democrats that think and act like Republicans. In my opinion Holcomb takes the route of least resistance - which is thinking and acting like a Dem. Lugar is a great comparison...big on words at election time but small in actions when it counts.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The city of Rushville (total population 6,000) has two elementary schools with two separate sets of administrators. This seems wasteful enough just on its face, but once you realize both of those schools are in the same building, you don't believe one word the school leadership says about trying to save money.

Back in 1992 when I graduated from Brownsburg, they had 3 elementaries, 1 jr high, and one high school.

You could have put the entire non-teaching staff and superintendent's building on a short bus and still have room to put most of the school board in there. And they did just fine.

Today a school has to have a principal, a VP, a dean of students, a dean of this, and a dean of that. Not to mention the dozens of staff in the super's/district's office. Ridiculous.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Our school is small, 2 buildings. K-6 in one, 7-12 in the other. 1 superintendent, 1 Dean of students.
    Up until a couple years ago I would have said that the school would benefit from more funding. Things like shop, agriculture, ffa, drama club always suffered.
    The downfall started a few years ago when the teachers that have been there for 45-50 years started retiring. Now there is a constant turnover of new teachers who have no interest in teaching. The last straw was that last 1-1.5 months they were in school, 2 of the teachers had nothing for them, play cards, watch movies, listen to music. Now remember that they finished the year with elearning (which was a joke)so this is February and March that they were doing nothing.
    Now I don't believe more funding has any chance to help them, if the teachers won't do it then more money won't fix it. We now homeschool.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    I can not bring myself to vote for Democrats, include Eric Holcomb.

He lost me on June 1st, 2020.

0:40 time mark

[video=youtube_share;7F7J2ZfDDBE]https://youtu.be/7F7J2ZfDDBE?t=43[/video]

Top Bottom