• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    Jim Lucas endorsed Rainwater on his Facebook page.

That's great and all, but we are 45 days out from the election and I had never heard that guy's name until 5 days ago. Hes not going to win. To be fair, nobody else that I've talked to in the last 4 months has even known Woody Myers name either. I haven't seen a Woody sign, or ad, or anything from him. If I wouldn't have googled who was running against Holcomb, I wouldn't have known. I don't think there is a chance Holcomb loses, and there is definitely zero chance Rainwater wins. I align more with Rainwater than Holcomb, for sure, but his campaign apparently wasn't effective enough to reach his own demographic.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That's great and all, but we are 45 days out from the election and I had never heard that guy's name until 5 days ago. Hes not going to win. To be fair, nobody else that I've talked to in the last 4 months has even known Woody Myers name either. I haven't seen a Woody sign, or ad, or anything from him. If I wouldn't have googled who was running against Holcomb, I wouldn't have known. I don't think there is a chance Holcomb loses, and there is definitely zero chance Rainwater wins. I align more with Rainwater than Holcomb, for sure, but his campaign apparently wasn't effective enough to reach his own demographic.

Are they ever? And even if so, they need to reach more than their own demographic to stand a snowball's chance in hell of winning. I haven't seen that from any Libertarian candidate ever.

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    Are they ever? And even if so, they need to reach more than their own demographic to stand a snowball's chance in hell of winning. I haven't seen that from any Libertarian candidate ever.

No, sadly. And I agree, the message needs to resonate with more than 4% of the population to take hold. 6.7 million people in Indiana, we need more than 2 choices for Governor. But the message is there, and there is a lot of truth in the message. The same can be said for the 330-375million people of the USofA and 2 legitimate presidential candidates. I honestly havent even went to Rainwater's website because it's mathematically impossible for him to win under our current system. We all know we need some sort of change, we just need to figure out what. Definitely not abolishing the Electoral College.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I honestly don’t know who I’m going to vote for for governor. I don’t even know a thing about Holcomb. He was just Pence’s handpicked successor.

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    Nobody knows what Holcomb is about really because he is a do-nothing. This is a re-election, not his first term, though. What does Woody Myers stand for? Not liberty, I'm assuming. We can ***** about Holcomb requiring masks, but what would Woody have done? We would probably would still be locked down and crying for salvation from the 'rona. I'll roll my dice with Holcomb again, just out of a lack of other viable options.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    IMO the freedom==weed crowd are running a propaganda campaign worthy of BLM. I'm not campaigning to make weed illegal, it already is. I just don't see legalization as even in the top ten problems facing the country. I have personal reasons for thinking it is a bad idea, just like all the people who cite cancer suffering presumably have personal reasons to desire it. I'm not campaigning to legalize it, so silence equals death (of liberty and/or freedom) or something. I must think like the (4%) mob or I hate liberty. Grow up, people are not always going to agree with you; I would think, given your body of work, that you wouldn't countenance the use of that as evidence that makes them somehow less American or patriotic or somehow 'other'

If you can't convince your own state government to legalize something, maybe those who want to leverage federal power for trivial concerns should examine their own purity
    It being illegal is just one more in a line of stupid laws in this country. The "war" on drugs is probably responsible for more lost liberty in this country than any other single thing I can think of.

As for our state making it legal, most states aren't going to do any such thing as long as it is illegal at the Federal level.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It being illegal is just one more in a line of stupid laws in this country. The "war" on drugs is probably responsible for more lost liberty in this country than any other single thing I can think of.

[Your opinion is noted. Are others allowed to hold differing opinions on the advisability of legalization, or is that de facto hatred of liberty?]

As for our state making it legal, most states aren't going to do any such thing as long as it is illegal at the Federal level.

That sounds remarkably reminiscent of the anti-electroal college sentiment, that the system in place is failing to deliver the results some people desire so the system is wrong and must be changed/abolished. Perhaps not enough people share the desire to see MJ legalized in order to achieve it at your state level

I certainly hope you voted in the primary and supported a pro-legalization candidate, because that is ultimately where change should come from; and if a pro-legalization candidate comes with other baggage that you disapprove of, you will have to choose which issues are most important to you (as do we all)

Edit: It might have been instructive and useful to have a question about legalization on the census, anybody think to do something like that?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That sounds remarkably reminiscent of the anti-electroal college sentiment, that the system in place is failing to deliver the results some people desire so the system is wrong and must be changed/abolished. Perhaps not enough people share the desire to see MJ legalized in order to achieve it at your state level

I certainly hope you voted in the primary and supported a pro-legalization candidate, because that is ultimately where change should come from; and if a pro-legalization candidate comes with other baggage that you disapprove of, you will have to choose which issues are most important to you (as do we all)

Edit: It might have been instructive and useful to have a question about legalization on the census, anybody think to do something like that?
    The party in control has much more to do with a state's desire to legalize this than the people. Those that are strongly under D control seem to legalize. Others not so much. I personally care much less about the object being illegal than I do about what the government has done through the years to "fight" it. Much of today's issues with police can be traced back to the "War on Drugs". Civil forfeiture and increased traffic stops/fishing expeditions are two examples. Prohibition is a failure again.

Top Bottom