• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Recently moving to Indiana from the cesspool of Illinois where our governors go to jail, I have seen some bad governors including the one Illinois has now. I keep seeing all the people here that want to dump Holcomb because he is a RINO and agree and support this. However IMHO the time to do this was in the primary and if Rainwater wanted to be governor he should have run then. If Holcomb is defeated it will be by the democrat not a write-in.
    If he is defeated there will be about fifty people that will be saying he was defeated to punish him for being a RINO. The press and all the democrats will be saying he was defeated because Indiana is moving from a conservative state to a more liberal society. That is what the people of Indiana will hear for the next four years. If you want to send a real message to a RINO you must beat them in the primary with a real conservative then go forward and beat the liberal. That is how you send the correct message. Jim.

And we have a winner.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I heard Rob Kendall on a similar rant the other day, so if this sounds familiar to WIBC listeners...

Establishment Republicans are where we have our problems. The same ones who keep Constitutional Carry at arms length. Bosma? Big reason it never got a vote. He's gone, I have my concerns about Bray in the Senate. Holcomb? He'll sign it because he was on stage signing Civil Immunity at the NRA Convention in 2019. Is he part of the establishment? Yes.

We have some really solid non-establishment types out there. Jim Lucas for Governor? He'd get the INGO endorsement for sure. I don't think we'll ever see it, but it would be fun to watch.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    So we have more :horse: from both sides of this. None of you are changing anyone's mind with the same old arguments.

Probably not, but it's fascinating to see. Dems vote as a bloc as they've enough intelligent people who understand that if you don't win, the rest doesn't matter. Repubs in general seem like they haven't figured out yet that perfect is the enemy of good enough and will vote to "punish" or "send a message" and end up loosing. A mystery to me, but maybe they like to be able to complain for the next 2, 4 or 6 years that "if only we'd run the right person we would have won." The latter's a fantasy of course, but maybe more satisfying than admitting you voted for the 60% good solution in order to win in lieu of sticking to your principles by only voting for the candidate who's 100% aligned the "right" way (no pun intended)! As Trump might say, sad.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    So we have more :horse: from both sides of this. None of you are changing anyone's mind with the same old arguments.

I think the polling shows differently. As posted, Holcomb's popularity has fallen dramatically.

I'm sure Rob Kendall and Abdul will both be talking about this on their WIBC radio shows about local politics this weekend.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We fired Lugar after a lot of years, the same with Evan Bayh trying to carpet bag his way back into Indiana politics.

It's possible to do again, if we just quit allowing the SOS. :twocents:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Should this be a Rainwater thread? Don't know anything about him, but see what Holcomb has done as a "republican" and knowing how bad a democrat governor in Red Indiana would be, would it be possible to bring in that "other party" candidate?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Should this be a Rainwater thread? Don't know anything about him, but see what Holcomb has done as a "republican" and knowing how bad a democrat governor in Red Indiana would be, would it be possible to bring in that "other party" candidate?

Yep. If all the Holcomb voters says "Screw you, I'm not letting you do things to me again" and voted Rainwater, then We'd have a good governor.

Check him out!
    https://rainwater4indiana.com/

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Amazing that in supposedly red state pro-liberty Indiana, our choice is between petty lockdown tyrant and aspiring petty lockdown tyrant.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah thats gonna work out real well. Uh-huh.

Typical defeatist bull****.

"Oh boo hoo, woe is me, what are we gonna do??!?!? Cant vote for a RINO, and Cant vote for a Dem. We're screwed!"

"So vote 3rd party; he's a good candidate. There are other choices."

"We cant do that, that would be silly. As I was saying.... boo hoo, woe is me... "

:rolleyes:

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I looked at Rainwater's website and see he is proposing eliminating income tax and property tax. Has he said how he plans to replace that income?

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Recently moving to Indiana from the cesspool of Illinois where our governors go to jail, I have seen some bad governors including the one Illinois has now. I keep seeing all the people here that want to dump Holcomb because he is a RINO and agree and support this. However IMHO the time to do this was in the primary and if Rainwater wanted to be governor he should have run then. If Holcomb is defeated it will be by the democrat not a write-in.
    If he is defeated there will be about fifty people that will be saying he was defeated to punish him for being a RINO. The press and all the democrats will be saying he was defeated because Indiana is moving from a conservative state to a more liberal society. That is what the people of Indiana will hear for the next four years. If you want to send a real message to a RINO you must beat them in the primary with a real conservative then go forward and beat the liberal. That is how you send the correct message. Jim.

This.

Top Bottom