Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Shot a doe two weeks ago with crossbow. Didn't see anything on opening weekend. But Sunday morning I took two of my grandkids along to show them what deer hunting was like. They lasted an hour before the cold set in so we went back to truck to warm up. While sitting in the truck this buck stopped by to look at us. After he disappeared over the hill my grandson and myself got out and went to look over the hill to see where he was. I was fumbling around trying to get the gun loaded as we were walking and managed to get two rounds in . The buck was heading downhill at a slow walk about 60 yards away from us heading towards the woods. I found him in the scope and put a 158 .357 xtp thru him from right rear to left front. He left a great blood trail and only went 75 yards. I let the grandkids track him to just inside the edge of the woods where he expired. It was an awesome experience having them with me and helping out. This was their first deer hunt and they loved it. Next year I plan on taking them out in youth season when it's not so cold.
    20191124_084516.jpg
    Last edited by randy68; 11-25-2019 at 11:51. Reason: Pic

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by randy68 View Post
    Shot a doe two weeks ago with crossbow. Didn't see anything on opening weekend. But Sunday morning I took two of my grandkids along to show them what deer hunting was like. They lasted an hour before the cold set in so we went back to truck to warm up. While sitting in the truck this buck stopped by to look at us. After he disappeared over the hill my grandson and myself got out and went to look over the hill to see where he was. I was fumbling around trying to get the gun loaded as we were walking and managed to get two rounds in . The buck was heading downhill at a slow walk about 60 yards away from us heading towards the woods. I found him in the scope and put a 158 .357 xtp thru him from right rear to left front. He left a great blood trail and only went 75 yards. I let the grandkids track him to just inside the edge of the woods where he expired. It was an awesome experience having them with me and helping out. This was their first deer hunt and they loved it. Next year I plan on taking them out in youth season when it's not so cold.
    20191124_084516.jpg
    I took my daughter out youth season this year. Didn't see any deer. Was 92 degrees. Man it was smokin

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    2019 Ripley County

[IMG]IMG_20191119_114046_1 by Jim Hankins, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Very nice buck

User Info Menu

Spent about seven hours yesterday deer hunting. It didn't take me long to realize that deer hunting isn't for me. It takes too much patience for me to enjoy it. I'm not criticizing anyone who enjoys it, but I'll stick to hunting coyotes.

I always tell people coyotes are for hunters with A D D.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Took a nice doe this passed week. Feels good to have some meat in the freezer again. Heading back out Wednesday. 850697EE-CE8F-4773-BB6B-66A74F1BFE3C.jpg850697EE-CE8F-4773-BB6B-66A74F1BFE3C.jpg

User Info Menu

Two deer back from the processors. Felt like about 80 lbs total.
    Rights are only as secure as the ability to wield sufficient force to defend them. - J. Neil Schulman

“There's nothing wrong with the country a bad recession couldn't fix.” - Irving Kristol

"He's not a tame lion..."

1 Samuel 13:19

Psalm 149:6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    2019 Ripley County

[IMG]IMG_20191119_114046_1 by Jim Hankins, on Flickr[/IMG]
    What a buck!!! Congrats!!!
    There's lots of ________ on here who don't fit your particular stereotype, smearing us with goofball sophistry is what is out of line. It just makes gunowners look like *******s.

- CarmelHP

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phylodog View Post
    What a buck!!! Congrats!!!
    Thanks,I have a couple trail cam pictures in velvet that make him look really big,I'll try to post them later.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by randy68 View Post
    20191124_084516.jpg

Congrats on nice buck & taking grand kids out hunting. Always like hearing these kind of stories! Glad you got the buck.

User Info Menu

JimH, very nice buck. Outside width? Estimated inch size?

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast