• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    We’re you able to get a tag for the deer from the officer? I scored one like that a few years back when I came up on a 16 year old girl in a Pontiac that had just hit a big doe on an exit ramp off 74.
    I asked and would have been able to, but the deer could not be located. The officer took my number and said he would check again after an hour, but never received a call.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2015
    boone county
    that sucks. luckily for me, the girl in the pontiac hit hers hard enough to break its back. i came on the scene about 5 minutes before the officer arrived. all i had in the truck was a 3lb drilling hammer and was going to conk it to finish it but he said he would shoot it. shot it and wrote the tag. all i had to do was load it up. sucks you got a busted vehicle and didnt even get a meal out if it.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Got out yesterday evening and does starting moving around 5-6p; think a tall spike was slowly trailing well behind a doe about 50yd away from me and a couple grunts brought him charging toward the stand. Had another spike with small brow tines walk within 15yd of the stand, but no larger bucks.

No other chasing otherwise, just deer moseying out from bedding to food. Haven’t found any scrapes yet and seen way fewer rubs than past years despite some decent deer on camera.

Any rut activity observed yet down around Clark/Scott/Washington counties?

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Found scrapes by some rubs today.
    They usually hit that area.
    First ones of the season for our little patch.
    Got in super quiet, early..............didn't see or hear a thing (corn up across road).

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Deer all over me this morning. Kicked up a big buck by my stand to start. Still dark but all I saw was big white antlers bouncing away. Had a basket and a decent 8 hang around offering me perfect shots for about a half hour. Saw the big boy later at a distance through the brush but he never came in. Fun morning though.

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    12 does and 4&6 pt this morning, the 6 is one of the oldest deer I've been after. Two of the oldest bucks I know of, I've seen in daylight hours. I'm happy to just see them. Neither will score well but age is the trophy. Cameras all have shown a good amount of daylight action.

These next two weeks are what I've been waiting 50 weeks for.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I was going to hunt this afternoon but decided with the wind I'd just scout...definitely more rubs than a few days ago and even something that sorta looked like a scrape but then again kind of didn't? Definitely shaped differently than turkey scratch, but I've never seen what appear to be tine marks in a scrape before?

aMmVKQj.jpg

RuY5uSR.jpg

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    First time out for me this season, saw three does and one 8-pt this morning all within 90 minutes of legal light. During the afternoon sit saw a small 4 pt. at 5:50pm. Both bucks were moving through the area with purpose, does were browsing the woodlot that I hunt.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Same thing here, 90" or so 8 at first light, smaller one an hr later (killed a tree branch I did), and an ugly 3 pointer.
    3 does, none closer than 35 yards (does). 3 pointer was at 15 yards a few times.

Offending branch has been removed. He was small, chest open, I focused on his side and NEVER saw the branch.
    Clean miss, deflected low and short. Kinda funny, and not at same time. He gets a pass rest of season now.

Popped my elbow yesterday hanging a stand. Bow drawing arm getting sore and limiting range of motion.
    Tennis elbow I reckon.

Need to find an Oneida LFM in medium, right handed.

LOL

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I was going to hunt this afternoon but decided with the wind I'd just scout...definitely more rubs than a few days ago and even something that sorta looked like a scrape but then again kind of didn't? Definitely shaped differently than turkey scratch, but I've never seen what appear to be tine marks in a scrape before?

aMmVKQj.jpg

RuY5uSR.jpg

Get em all the time, toe drag.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    My youngest daughter killed her best buck to date. She shot it Friday night and hit it square in the shoulder. We found the arrow about 100 yards later and with minimal blood we backed out. Saturday we went looking and found him piled up not 20 yards from where we called off the search the night before. She was thrilled beyond belief. She heads off to college next fall so hunting will be put on hold for the most part as she pursues a medical career. It has been a crazy fun ride watching my girls grow up with hunting coursing through their blood.

qR58evq.jpg

ndawoods25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Martinsville
    I was hunting fri/sat/sun. Saw 4 bucks Saturday. All walking and looking. Saw the 140 class buck I am hunting following a doe. She feed while he followed her. She must be getting close. He wasn't harassing her but would not get more then 15 feet from her. Im off work this thurs/fri. Hopefully it will get better by than.

DEC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Angola
    Video of Sydney's buck is now online if that is your kind of thing.

[video=youtube_share;fUCU-b6sWqg]https://youtu.be/fUCU-b6sWqg[/video]

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Went out with big girl on Sunday and the squirrels were EVERYWHERE! Didn't see any deer but it was nice spending time in the tree with her. She is a senior this year and I am dreading her heading off to school.....such is life.

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    My youngest daughter killed her best buck to date. She shot it Friday night and hit it square in the shoulder. We found the arrow about 100 yards later and with minimal blood we backed out. Saturday we went looking and found him piled up not 20 yards from where we called off the search the night before. She was thrilled beyond belief. She heads off to college next fall so hunting will be put on hold for the most part as she pursues a medical career. It has been a crazy fun ride watching my girls grow up with hunting coursing through their blood.

qR58evq.jpg

The smile says it all, good times there. Congrats to you and your daughter on a great buck.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Not as bad of a shot as she thought.
    Looks like it hit forward of the vitals, but if it was traveling down, and to the rear, she was right on the money.
    It actually looks like a clean kill.
    He sure didn't go far.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Took Friday off from work. Thinking Friday/Saturday are going to be good hunting. I don't usually hunt antlers but I am this year. Passed on ALOT of deer. We'll see how it works out. Good luck to everyone and congrats to those who've filled tags.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Two days of hunting into the six days I get this year and we’ve seen exactly one deer. We’ve got cameras out and they aren’t picking up deer either. I don’t know what to make of it but the deer are most certainly not doing what they’re usually doing the first week of November.

Top Bottom