• ...and so much more!
  • El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    I have logged about 20 hours in the stand the last couple of days in Jefferson county, seen small bucks and does. No chasing or seeking going on right now. Rain all day today, decided to hunt from a blind till dark, ran off a decent buck standing in front of my blind walking in around noon.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    attachment.php

I had a good morning today. I missed this deer two weeks ago when i shot right over his back at 18 yards. Today I was on the same stand when he presented a shot on the exact spot he was standing on when I missed him but this time everything went perfectly. He was recovered, dressed and loaded before the rain started! It ia also my best deer ever with a bow.

MikeHoncho

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2019
    Laurel
    image000000.jpg

Oct 4...had 3 bucks come out together. Then this guy joined in. Presented a 12 yd broadside shot I couldn't refuse. I should have gotten better pics of him, not the highest scoring guy out there but definitely mature. Field dressed a little over 200 lbs.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    attachment.php

I had a good morning today. I missed this deer two weeks ago when i shot right over his back at 18 yards. Today I was on the same stand when he presented a shot on the exact spot he was standing on when I missed him but this time everything went perfectly. He was recovered, dressed and loaded before the rain started! It ia also my best deer ever with a bow.

Congrats...That is one BIG bodied deer. Sure it is not part cow? LOL!! What did it weigh?

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    I didn't have a chance to put him on a scale, but he is easily the heaviest deer I've taken in nearly thirty years of deer hunting. The heaviest deer I've scaled in the past was 188lbs for what it's worth.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I've got one picked out, and its the same buck I had picked out last year. Until he starts moving in the daylight, I dont step foot in the woods. Im hoping Friday's cold front makes him get on his feet with daylight left.

Pembertont

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    Pittsboro
    Been out for 7 hunts now Down around Coal City. Saw deer on every hunt and had multiple opportunities on does and small bucks. Haven’t laid eyes on any mature bucks yet though other than trail cam pics (and those are moving at night). Going back out this weekend after taking last weekend off with all that rain and wind. Rut activity should be picking up.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Judging by the trail cam photos showing up in my inbox, activity is starting to ramp up nicely. The activity from young bucks has increased significantly in the past 2 days and I'm starting to get an occasional 3 year old moving at midday. Most activity is still after dark and the mature buck activity still appears to be lagging but that is probably due more to my camera placement relative to the current hot food source in my area than any lack of mature buck movement. I'm also starting to see some button bucks show up by themselves and doe movement seems to have shifted more toward late morning and early afternoon. This weekend should be really good with the cold front coming in on Friday.

farmerdan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    I'm hoping to get out Sunday morning. Haven't seen much on the trail cameras this year but have seen a lot of coyotes.
    I have seen more Bobcats than usual too. Good luck and stay safe everyone.

Dan

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    My wife got her first deer of her life this evening, unfortunately it was in my Fusion.

She's fine, a bit shook up but the officer that arrived said the car was totaled. It hit hard enough to deploy the airbags and the car is a 2011 with 182K miles on it. Called it in to the insurance so we'll see what they say. Bad thing... car had liability only on it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2015
    boone county
    Been settled in the stand for about an hour now. Saw a mom with twins on my walk in. Finally seeing a lot more activity during the day. Feel like the only corn still up around me is the field I hunt.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2015
    boone county
    We’re you able to get a tag for the deer from the officer? I scored one like that a few years back when I came up on a 16 year old girl in a Pontiac that had just hit a big doe on an exit ramp off 74.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom