Impd's new glock 17 having issues already?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jroe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Greenfield
    As the title states, I heard there was a recall already on the 17m that impd is to be switching over to... any of our Leo's happen to know what the issues were with them?

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    I, unfortunatly, was at a crime scene on Sunday, and I had a chance to talk to several LEO's about the new Glock. One officer told me that the front sights were falling off and the slides as well. I thought he was nuts till I saw this thread. I just can't see Glock sending pistols out into the field without HEAVY DUTY testing. Say what you want about Glock, they are very proven and widely issued pistols. Disclaimer: I am a Glock owner, but I am also a Colt, Ruger, and Springfield owner and I wouldn't hesitate to grab any one of them if my live depended on it. -Jaosn

Jroe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Greenfield
    Ok. I thought that was what I heard. I just couldn't understand how the slides could be falling off... unless it is something with the takedown levers somehow interacting with the barrel or slide.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    Ok. I thought that was what I heard. I just couldn't understand how the slides could be falling off... unless it is something with the takedown levers somehow interacting with the barrel or slide.

He didn't go into details, just talked about all the ones that were already issued were recalled. -Jason

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I, unfortunatly, was at a crime scene on Sunday, and I had a chance to talk to several LEO's about the new Glock. One officer told me that the front sights were falling off and the slides as well. I thought he was nuts till I saw this thread. I just can't see Glock sending pistols out into the field without HEAVY DUTY testing. Say what you want about Glock, they are very proven and widely issued pistols. Disclaimer: I am a Glock owner, but I am also a Colt, Ruger, and Springfield owner and I wouldn't hesitate to grab any one of them if my live depended on it. -Jaosn

Times are changing. A lot of what we grew up thinking were top brands are now putting sub-par products out the door.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I believe this is getting blown WAY out of proportion and it's the first I've heard about sight issues. Don't believe everything you see in the interwebz and quite frankly, most of us officers outside the range staff do not really know what is going on. I am quite confident that these issues will be fixed and the internet will continue as normal.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Haven't heard of sights falling off. I know one of the T&E guys pretty well. Slides did come off.

Glock has issues just like everyone else, they just do a good job of keeping them quiet via NDA and lawyers.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Since 1911's have been around for over a hundred years, I'm sure there's been more reported failures with them than Glocks anyway.

Glocktard

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 19, 2016
    Central
    Hope they get the issues fixed. I am really looking forward to these becoming available. I am too big of a glocktard not to be! :lmfao:(I really think I am funny)

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Times are changing. A lot of what we grew up thinking were top brands are now putting sub-par products out the door.
    Standard Business for some, build up brand loyalty by producing great product, once established start using less expensive components, or at least this is what I was taught in my Marketing Class.

Top Bottom