Impd's new glock 17 having issues already?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Cool, thanks for the update. And thank you ladies and gentlemen for your service. I grew up in Southport and never thought we would lose a member of our town's police force like this. Thank you for rushing into danger when the rest of us get out of the way.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    They do look a lot like the Trijicon HD sights but they are in fact manufactured by Ameriglo. The specifications for these were developed by Glock/FBI while coming up with the design/specs for the 17M.

Ah, ok. Thanks for the info. I really like that sight set up, regardless of maker. I've put the Trijicon version on my P220, P226, and P229.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    About a month ago I had the opportunity to get my hands on one of these new 17M's. It was nicely refined and felt good in the hand and the sights were incredibly easy to pick up. The officer said that it shoots very smooth with very little muzzle flip. When field stripped it had a different recoil spring design than the G22.

I liked it enough that I would buy one if it were available

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Kyle Lamb has a great article in Guns & Ammo this month. He made some critical comments about the Glock a few months ago and has been just savaged by the fanboys ever since. So he decides to insult everyone. He compares the Glock Fanboys with the way the 1911 fans reacted last generation to the Glock.
    Seeing the type of person Kyle Lamb is, I'm sure he does not care too much about hurting "fanboy" feelings. JMHO

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Get mine Wednesday at my in-service. Looking forward to it but now I have to see about trading all my spare G22 mags for G17 mags, and my ammo selection will be quickly obsolete, save for my off duty G27.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    To further confuse things, my Ameriglo I-dot Pro sights on my M&Ps and Glocks have Trijicon tritium inserts from the factory. They say Trijicon on the sights, but I bought them brand new in the package as Ameriglos.

Glad the 17M pistols seem to be running well. I'd like to have a 19M one day if they ever release them. Hate...hate...hate the finger grooves on Gen 3 and 4 pistols.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    To further confuse things, my Ameriglo I-dot Pro sights on my M&Ps and Glocks have Trijicon tritium inserts from the factory. They say Trijicon on the sights, but I bought them brand new in the package as Ameriglos.

Glad the 17M pistols seem to be running well. I'd like to have a 19M one day if they ever release them. Hate...hate...hate the finger grooves on Gen 3 and 4 pistols.
    No confusion at all, Trijicon is THE major player in tritium vials, many aftermarket sight manufacturers use Trij vials in their sights!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Assuming then that the mag spring is okay then? And that the round-count holes are off? (Not that that matters to me.)
    The mags aren't identical so just changing followers is not something I would recommend for a carry gun.. I have a 10 round G-23 mag that I use at the range in my 19. Works 98% of the time but I would not consider it for self defense work. Not that tough or expensive to find G 17 mags. When your life is on the line Mix-n-match is a bad idea.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    [FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    The mags aren't identical so just changing followers is not something I would recommend for a carry gun.. I have a 10 round G-23 mag that I use at the range in my 19. Works 98% of the time but I would not consider it for self defense work. Not that tough or expensive to find G 17 mags. When your life is on the line Mix-n-match is a bad idea.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    [FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”

Brownell's has a 3-pack of OEM G17 mags for. $53.99 (if you are a dealer or LE). Natchez Shooter Supply has them for less than $20/each as well.

Top Bottom