Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Grandmaster

User Info Menu

MAC put out an interesting vid on the G43X. Around the 19:00 mark, he references how much he likes the 365 and it's design innovation. He also laments over why he cannot trust the P365 for a carry gun...

-----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...
    -----------------------------------------------

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    MAC put out an interesting vid on the G43X. Around the 19:00 mark, he references how much he likes the 365 and it's design innovation. He also laments over why he cannot trust the P365 for a carry gun...

His videos on the 365 have been out for quite some time. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone else having as many problems with their 365 as he has had. I don't doubt his veracity, but do think that his experience is an anomaly. He sure seems "snake bit" as far as the 365 is concerned. I would never consider the Glock 43 for a replacement for my Sig P 365.

User Info Menu

I switched to a P365 a few months ago after carrying a 9mm Shield for about 4 or 5yrs and don't regret it for a minute. The Shield is a fantastic pistol but with the capacity of the 365 it's tough to beat. I've got about 600rds through mine currently and have had a singular FTE but I'm not holding that against the pistol, it was around round 175ish of 300 within about 30min or so. I'm contributing to either a possibly light load on the cartridge or just a tiring grip on my part. Either way, I love the P365 and carry it IWB regularly and it's easily the most comfortable pistol I've concealed.

User Info Menu

I picked a P365 up today. I think I am really going to like it. Date on the box is January 23rd 2019. It is a bit cold out to do any serious testing, but I can't seem to buy a firearm without immediately loading up the mags and shooting it as soon as I get it home. So mine has 20 flawless rounds through it. . Sure hope those mags get easier to load. Wow!! Talk about stiff springs.

User Info Menu

Nope. I'm done with modern SIG. Indian MIM.....no thanks.

Can't wait until S&W, Glock, or Walther come out with a similar model that is reliable. Until then, I'll keep carrying my Shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by KG1 View Post
    You are the expert in all things read about on the internet.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I got my hands on a P365 for the first time today. I was impressed with the size and feel of it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by seedubs1 View Post
    Nope. I'm done with modern SIG. Indian MIM.....no thanks.

Can't wait until S&W, Glock, or Walther come out with a similar model that is reliable. Until then, I'll keep carrying my Shield.
    As long as your Shield isn't one of the ones in the recall, you should be good to go!

My guns won't be illegal....they'll be undocumented.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Route 45 View Post
    As long as your Shield isn't one of the ones in the recall, you should be good to go!

Oh man..... It's a Shield 2.0. When was this recall? Got a link?

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Route 45 View Post

I see what you did there.

The Shield recal was all gen 1. The 2.0's are fine as far as I know.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teddy12b View Post
    I see what you did there.

The Shield recal was all gen 1. The 2.0's are fine as far as I know.
    If he's just referring to the trigger bar safety not resetting on early release 2013 shields.....that was 6 years ago and S&W did a good job with the recall. Post recall and fixed handguns function and are proven reliable at this point. They do not have glaring design flaws and S&W hasn't cut corners on sourcing (unlike Sig). Anyway, a trigger bar safety failure still allows the handgun to function. It would still require the trigger to be pulled to fire, so it's not totally unsafe as long as you aren't a moron.

The P365 on the other hand is a poorly designed handgun that Sig decided to further FUBAR by cost cutting on sourcing of parts. They have a bad design that causes a lot of striker drag, and then they use Indian MIM strikers on top of that. They aren't adequately fixing the problem. And if this failure mode happens and you actually need to rely on your handgun.....well, it's not going to go bang when you need it to. That's a MUCH worse failure mode than what S&W Shields had.

Sig is a garbage company ever since Ron Cohen took the helm. They produce junk. They knowingly cut corners in R&D as well as material and sourcing.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast