Is the Sig P365 ready to bet your life on it for EDC?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Waiting for my Safariland ALS to show up so I can start carrying mine. Oh, and I need to put some rounds through it. It’s still factory test-fired only.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    For me the gun didn't feel that great until I add the 12 round mags. Then it fit my hand well and I have 12 + 1 in an easy to carry compact

1. Right! The 10 round w/pinky was "OK," but the first one I fired belonging to a friend had the 12 round mag and it was a "perfect" fit.
    2. I'd been happy with a Shield 9, but as cheap as I am I spent extra $255 to get the Sig 365 (difference between my used $280 Shield 9 and $535 Sig (with tax).
    3. I'm not saying it was logical, but I could afford it, and since it was sooo much more accurate in my hands: it went from desirable to imperative! :rofl:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I replaced my Kahr CM-9 with a Sig P 365. I never thought I'd say this, but the 365 has a better trigger. It has higher capacity. I shoot it better, as it is more controllable for me even with the 10 round magazine (but hand size dictates this). It is just as reliable as my Kahr CM-9 (100%, so far). It is easy to field strip and clean. It is (for me) a pocket carry pistol. I quit counting rounds down range at 1,000, but I shoot it pretty regularly, so round count is probably around 1,500-2,000. So, yes, it is my EDC and as ready for prime time as any mechanical piece of equipment. This gun, like all guns aren't for everyone. I tried Glocks and Shields and they are for many, but not for me.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    What holster do you have for pocket carrying your P365?

I use this one.

p1.jpg

They come with a "hook" on the front and rear of the holster to catch on the pocket while drawing. I filed down the front hook for better concealment and just use the rear hook with a rear draw stroke.

Aholster Company - Kydex Concealment Holsters, Aholster Pocket Holster, Best Kydex Holster

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    I use this one.

p1.jpg

They come with a "hook" on the front and rear of the holster to catch on the pocket while drawing. I filed down the front hook for better concealment and just use the rear hook with a rear draw stroke.

Aholster Company - Kydex Concealment Holsters, Aholster Pocket Holster, Best Kydex Holster

Thanks for the link and the picture of your 365 holstered. Is that the 10 or 12 round mag you pocket carry? Seriously considering the 365 as a replacement for my LCP pocket carry.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for sending a link to a soft pocket option. Read several reviewers use it for their LCP or PCAT, does it work good for your 365?

1. Almost didn't see this b/c I got to get ready for work!
    2. Perfect. It "clings to the inside of the pocket with the material it's made from.
    3. What I really like is that with the back "panel" it helps cover the print of the grip.
    4. In fact, since the back panel is held in place with Velcro, I raise it up an inch or two to better be a barrier between the grip and the front off my pants.
    5. I have used this for J frame snubbies and w/triggers and my Shield 9mm as well as my present Sig 365.
    6. They have different sizes, so I got one bigger than what I had to have originally to be able to use it with multiples.
    7. I went to Stephen Jenkins at 21st/Shadeland (caters to LEO) to try out different sizes: convenient.
    8. I have another type that fit specific guns, and have about 4 of them, but I have to get ready for work now.
    9. If you send me a pm, I'll be reminded to find that info to you.

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    1. Almost didn't see this b/c I got to get ready for work!
    2. Perfect. It "clings to the inside of the pocket with the material it's made from.
    3. What I really like is that with the back "panel" it helps cover the print of the grip.
    4. In fact, since the back panel is held in place with Velcro, I raise it up an inch or two to better be a barrier between the grip and the front off my pants.
    5. I have used this for J frame snubbies and w/triggers and my Shield 9mm as well as my present Sig 365.
    6. They have different sizes, so I got one bigger than what I had to have originally to be able to use it with multiples.
    7. I went to Stephen Jenkins at 21st/Shadeland (caters to LEO) to try out different sizes: convenient.
    8. I have another type that fit specific guns, and have about 4 of them, but I have to get ready for work now.
    9. If you send me a pm, I'll be reminded to find that info to you.

Thanks for all the great answers. I look forward to getting more info. I've had great luck with the soft pocket holster. Being flexible in the pocket makes it almost disappear too. I look forward to getting more info.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Thanks for the link also. It's nice to see several different options available. With this holster, do you pocket carry the 10 or 12 round mag?
    I carry the P365 with the 10 round magazine. It makes it a little more compact and easier to draw from the pocket. I shoot the P 365 about the same, no matter the magazine.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by firefighterjohn
    Thanks for the link also. It's nice to see several different options available. With this holster, do you pocket carry the 10 or 12 round mag?

1. I have not CC mine b/c of trust issues yet, unless I have my revolver on me as well.
    2. When I have CC with it I have just had the 10 round in it so far.
    3. I bought the 12 round for the range and depending on the holster I'm using, I'll use the 12 round.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Watched some vids about the Sig 365 this evening.
    Two different shops/companies who test alot of guns.

One vid a guy put 2000 rounds through it in a very short time (days), but the firing pin did break.
    He sent the gun back to Sig and in 9 days had it back with a new slide.
    The gun was not abused but was kept lubed and cleaned.
    "Mickey does a 2,000 round review of the SIG P365 micro-compact pistol. This small striker fired 9mm carries an impressive 12 + 1 with the extended grip magazine. He talks about how it fires, reloading and took it through an Advanced Gabe White Pistol Class."

Another guy had one of the earliest issued models and has put 11,000 rounds through it and it has never had a problem needing repair: amazing
    Machines: good, bad and ugly.
    In this case: fantastic and fair.

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Watched some vids about the Sig 365 this evening.
    Two different shops/companies who test alot of guns.

One vid a guy put 2000 rounds through it in a very short time (days), but the firing pin did break.
    He sent the gun back to Sig and in 9 days had it back with a new slide.
    The gun was not abused but was kept lubed and cleaned.
    "Mickey does a 2,000 round review of the SIG P365 micro-compact pistol. This small striker fired 9mm carries an impressive 12 + 1 with the extended grip magazine. He talks about how it fires, reloading and took it through an Advanced Gabe White Pistol Class."

Another guy had one of the earliest issued models and has put 11,000 rounds through it and it has never had a problem needing repair: amazing
    Machines: good, bad and ugly.
    In this case: fantastic and fair.
    Do you have 2,000 rounds through that revolver you trust so much? Have you never had a problem with a revolver? I have and know others who have. If you shoot your revolver enough, you'll have a problem. Frankly I get tired of all the internet reviews and tests on the Sig P 365. I've never seen so much spotlight attention on any pistols as I have on the Sig striker fired pistols, since they were selected over the Glock. I'm not interested in seeing or hearing about any more. I'll just focus on my pistols and how they hold up.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Do you have 2,000 rounds through that revolver you trust so much?

1. No.

Have you never had a problem with a revolver?

2. Yes. A Ruger and a S/W and a Charter Arms.

I have and know others who have. If you shoot your revolver enough, you'll have a problem.

3. Yes, machines fail.

Frankly I get tired of all the internet reviews and tests on the Sig P 365.

4. I haven't been around enough to know the history of politics/prejudice on any brand of gun.

I've never seen so much spotlight attention on any pistols as I have on the Sig striker fired pistols, since they were selected over the Glock.

5. I figured since the Sig 365 is such a wonderful gun, it will attract critics.
    6. I know I was amazed when I shot my first one.
    7. I know little of the "pecking" order of gun manufacturers.

I'm not interested in seeing or hearing about any more. I'll just focus on my pistols and how they hold up.

8. I have no dog in the fight: I love revolvers and semi-autos both, for different reasons and different applications.
    9. Just this evening I bought a Colt Cobra .38 sp. revolver which I can't wait to take to the range to see if it is indeed more lovable than my Ruger Security Six.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    8. I have no dog in the fight: I love revolvers and semi-autos both, for different reasons and different applications.
    9. Just this evening I bought a Colt Cobra .38 sp. revolver which I can't wait to take to the range to see if it is indeed more lovable than my Ruger Security Six.
    I really should apologize to you. I didn't mean to "go off" on you. Just venting my frustration of all the noise I see re: Sig striker fired pistols. Much of it by folks who haven't owned one and some who have never even shot one. So much of it is, "So and so reports that...(negative diatribe)". Your #3 is what I was getting at. The P 365 isn't perfect and had the most problems early on. I had never shot 1,000 rounds through any carry handgun before the P 365. I was influenced by all the online negativity. I'm convinced now that all that worry was for naught.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I really should apologize to you. I didn't mean to "go off" on you. Just venting my frustration of all the noise I see re: Sig striker fired pistols. Much of it by folks who haven't owned one and some who have never even shot one. So much of it is, "So and so reports that...(negative diatribe)". Your #3 is what I was getting at. The P 365 isn't perfect and had the most problems early on. I had never shot 1,000 rounds through any carry handgun before the P 365. I was influenced by all the online negativity. I'm convinced now that all that worry was for naught.

Not a side track , but all the "negative user reviews" are the reason I have been so vocal about my "early" March 2018 pistol making it past 2,700 rounds. Statisticaly speaking people who are disasitisfied with a product or service tell roughly 10 people about their bad experience, if someone has a positive experience you are lucky if they tell one other person.

Speaking of which I need to stop being lazy and finish filming my 2,700 round update :rockwoot:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think most of us know the who and the why of the "noise"...

Top Bottom