Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

I work at a range, and I see a lot of people coming in “straight from the gun store”. I see a lot of NIB guns of all types, a lot of people don’t strip a new gun and clean it before trying it out. Oddly enough, I see more shields that won’t function properly straight out of the box than probably any other gun, mainly because of the sheer numbers of shields being sold. I see a lot of 365s as well, and as others have said, the ones from April-may of last year on, have a pretty good track record, it’s rare that someone has one that doesn’t run. Quite a few of our regular customers that own 365s have well into the thousands of rounds down range with no issues. I don’t own a 365 yet, but being able to shoot a lot of different guns, it’s made my short list of things I want/would buy.
    Though it's just a memory
    Some memories last forever- RUSH- Lakeside Park

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by littletommy View Post
    I work at a range, and I see a lot of people coming in “straight from the gun store”. I see a lot of NIB guns of all types, a lot of people don’t strip a new gun and clean it before trying it out. Oddly enough, I see more shields that won’t function properly straight out of the box than probably any other gun, mainly because of the sheer numbers of shields being sold. I see a lot of 365s as well, and as others have said, the ones from April-may of last year on, have a pretty good track record, it’s rare that someone has one that doesn’t run. Quite a few of our regular customers that own 365s have well into the thousands of rounds down range with no issues. I don’t own a 365 yet, but being able to shoot a lot of different guns, it’s made my short list of things I want/would buy.
    When my son was cleaning his NIB 365 I pointed out you can't take it straight to the range, it's not a Glock. He then referred to my G26 as "Cold War era ". The 365 ran flawlessly, but man that thing was full of lube out of the box.
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KellyinAvon View Post
    When my son was cleaning his NIB 365 I pointed out you can't take it straight to the range, it's not a Glock. He then referred to my G26 as "Cold War era ". The 365 ran flawlessly, but man that thing was full of lube out of the box.
    Oh Yeah, I've seen em' literally dripping oil.
    Though it's just a memory
    Some memories last forever- RUSH- Lakeside Park

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    ... I'm sticking with the [xxx], though. I shot one at the rental range, nice little gun, nothing that's enough of an upgrade for me to move to it and all the logistics that entails (magazines, which are pricey, new holsters, replacement springs on hand, etc). I hate changing platforms when I've got a lot of logistical support behind what I've already got, so there needs to be a real payoff. ...
    Yep, same here, not enough of a benefit for me to switch at this point. Not that there's anything wrong with the P365. It's just that I already have my system in place.
    Nothing is everything, but everything is something. - Ayoob

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

I completely understand not switching setups on a whim. I'm in the same boat with holsters and mags for my current setup. For me though, the motivation is the couple extra rounds. Right now 7+1 is what I've got, and if I can have 10 + 1 in the same size package that's primarily what's appealing to me. If it wasn't for that, and it was another xyz gun with the same capacity I wouldn't look twice.

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon. AllenM's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teddy12b View Post
    I completely understand not switching setups on a whim. I'm in the same boat with holsters and mags for my current setup. For me though, the motivation is the couple extra rounds. Right now 7+1 is what I've got, and if I can have 10 + 1 in the same size package that's primarily what's appealing to me. If it wasn't for that, and it was another xyz gun with the same capacity I wouldn't look twice.
    For me the gun didn't feel that great until I add the 12 round mags. Then it fit my hand well and I have 12 + 1 in an easy to carry compact
    07 FFL / SOT 2

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms,
    it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Abraham Lincoln

User Info Menu

I saw a post on SigTalk. Some gun range with rentals claims they have one with 70k rounds through it...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teddy12b View Post
    I weighed both the P365 and the S&W 9mm Shield.
    In 10+1, the P365 is actually shorter, the length is about the same, and it's about 15 grams lighter.
    In 12+1, the P365 is the same height, and only about 15 grams heavier.
    GCA, Life Member GOA, SAF, NRA & ISRPA

DVC

User Info Menu

My p365 has ran 100%, approximately 1200 reload 147gr, and about 100 - 124gr self defense factory ammo. Better sights, grips, trigger, and capacity then the shield.

User Info Menu

I'm also not a fan of 9mm semiautos with barrels in the 3" +/- range.

I prefer to get as close to a 3.5" bbl as possible, for 9mms, so I have the luxury of, 1) relying on most of the published ballistic data (and don't have to dig around for short barrel specific data), and 2) having a wider choice of acceptable defensive ammunition.
    Nothing is everything, but everything is something. - Ayoob

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast