Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

I've always liked Bianchi but recently I've been carrying my Shield in an IWB DeSantis and I can almost forget it's there.

User Info Menu

I have to work in shelbyville tomorrow and there is a place there called bobcat arms or somethin like that. Gonna check out what they have if they are open. So far it’s coming down to the hand made ones having the best reviews. They are also most expensive and longest to receive. Y’all have shown me some nice ones.

User Info Menu

Kramer horsehide OWB scabbard is my go-to holster. Horsehide is hard molded like Kydex but being a form of leather, is still easy on the gun. They ride nice and tight against my side and have a near perfect level of retention. Not enough to make me fight to get it out of the holster, yet enough that I can do jumping jacks without any concern for losing the gun.

They are pricey but not over the top pricey. They also take 8 to 10 weeks for delivery.
    ‘88 (aka The mad scientist)

User Info Menu

Sticky or a serpa
    I won’t be wronged, I won’t be insulted, and I won’t be laid a hand on.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I have two holster makers to recommend highly:
    1. Ken Null K.L. Null Holsters Home Page He is not just a craftsman, he is an artist. He recently replaced a Velcro strap on an ankle holster he made for me in the 1980s when I was a cop, and it is now good as new. No straps on any of his rigs; the fit is incredible, and I'm sure any of his designs can be passed on to your grandchildren.
    2. Vince Harper just made a GREAT Kydex belt slide holster for my Glock 19 with TLR-1. He is one of the range instructors for IMPD, and best way to reach him is by text: 317-625-3091

Will be posting photos of these this weekend....

User Info Menu

Most of my leather is El Paso Saddlery. Been around since the 1880's and made rigs for John Wesley Hardin and George Patton (the ones for his Colt SAA and Smith registered magnum).

But of course I'm an Old Dawg.
    "Don't let your mouth write no checks that your ass can't cash" - old ghetto saying

User Info Menu

sauce will thicken upon standing

User Info Menu

I am inexperienced with holsters & have ordered a few & picked up a few at the LGS.
    One of the first I bought was the DeSanti Superfly mentioned early on that I got at Steven R Jenkins Co at 6680 East 21st St that caters to LEO.
    I have used it with my J frame revolvers & small 9mms.
    I have gotten decent holsters with used guns I've bought.
    I've had good luck with the inexpensive Sticky holsters for being able to tuck in your shirt.

But, what I don't understand with IWB holsters is that when you get one specifically designed for your gun, it might or might not have a "backing" covering the end of the slide so it doesn't dig into your flesh.
    And, none of the ones I've tried or seen, have a "backing" extending behind the grip, so that digs into you.

I've actually seen a "backing" you can buy to put between your skin & the gun's grip & slide that digs into you, but at $20 I haven't bought one yet.

User Info Menu

There are many good choices however many designers are not often the users. They have to build what sells, not necessarily what’s “best”. All my serious holsters are lined, gun specific, only require one hand and no eyes to present and reholster, will not have sweat guards, locks, levers or any other crap hanging on them that I do not need.
    No Compromise

Plinker

User Info Menu

For me I like to use JM Custom Kydex for AIWB, but for an all rounder IWB i would suggest Vedder light tuck.

Though a lot of the holster selection process is based off of the carriers body type and how/where they want to carry.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast