• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jozenbau

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 29, 2020
    Wabash
    Holsters are highly subjective. There is no way that anyone can answer this question for you.

My actual question isn’t the title. The actual question is in my post “what works for you?” I’m not expecting anyone to know what will work for me. I wanna see what people are using and take my chances from there.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster for my Ruger LC9s is my EDC

I like to open carry when I hike so it's either Triple K Carrylite or The Holster Store ProCarry HD for my variety of handguns. (Nothing too fancy here.)

Jeronimo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    A good kydex IWB (JM custom, PHLster, G-code, T. Rex) w/ a clip or snap loops. Appendix carry is quickest and most secure as long your body shape allows for it.

My favorite belt is the Ciguera Emissary. Low profile, stiff on the vertical axis, and looks great with a flannel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I prefer IWB, hybrid holsters, like Galco King Tuk or Crossbreed. You can find some decent deals on crossbreedseconds.com
    A good gun belt will make a world of difference if you don't have one. Daltech Force Super BioBelt is my favorite and it has held up really well.

I'm not interested in appendix carry, so the hybrid somewhere in the 5-5:30 position works about best for me. I've used them on several different guns and comfort level is high even when in long car rides (like driving to FL long), etc. Highly concealable even with shorts and tshirt, etc.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The other day I bought a sig p365. Like the size and can’t wait to go shooting. I’m befuddled on what holster to get for it. I’ve done this before with other firearms. Every company says they have the most comfortable blah blah blah. By the time you find one that doesn’t suck you’re a couple hundred deep in it. What works for you? I’ve never been an owb guy but this one is so small that may be a good option for comfort. :dunno:

Unfortunately I have been there done that. Spent hundreds of dollars on holsters and didn't like them. I work outside year round and I found an iwb holster I love. Its Alien Gear holsters. I have some of their leather a couple 2.0 and now a 3.5 version of their IWB holsters. Imo they are the most comfortable I've ever found for year round wear.

Their newest shapeshifter I have not tried so I cannot give a thumbs up on them.

https://aliengearholsters.com/iwb-holsters.html

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm no help since I carry OWB. Good luck though in your search. Always interesting to read these threads. I usually find out about a holster company or three I have not heard of.

There are so many holster makers out there it's mind boggling!:)

Lt Scott 14

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2018
    Porter County
    Don Hume #715 is a decent priced, well form rig. Has the clip on, super strong. I like DeSantis and Galco too. I've been doing a cheapo #3 Unc Mikes too. My 442 J Frame disappears in pocket. I have tried some Fleabay Kydex, cheapos, and they do good iwb. My wife says I have matching holsters, like her shoes and handbags! Couple tubs full.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I've always liked Bianchi but recently I've been carrying my Shield in an IWB DeSantis and I can almost forget it's there.

Jozenbau

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 29, 2020
    Wabash
    I have to work in shelbyville tomorrow and there is a place there called bobcat arms or somethin like that. Gonna check out what they have if they are open. So far it’s coming down to the hand made ones having the best reviews. They are also most expensive and longest to receive. Y’all have shown me some nice ones.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Kramer horsehide OWB scabbard is my go-to holster. Horsehide is hard molded like Kydex but being a form of leather, is still easy on the gun. They ride nice and tight against my side and have a near perfect level of retention. Not enough to make me fight to get it out of the holster, yet enough that I can do jumping jacks without any concern for losing the gun.

They are pricey but not over the top pricey. They also take 8 to 10 weeks for delivery.

dave6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Lawrence
    I have two holster makers to recommend highly:
    1. Ken Null K.L. Null Holsters Home Page He is not just a craftsman, he is an artist. He recently replaced a Velcro strap on an ankle holster he made for me in the 1980s when I was a cop, and it is now good as new. No straps on any of his rigs; the fit is incredible, and I'm sure any of his designs can be passed on to your grandchildren.
    2. Vince Harper just made a GREAT Kydex belt slide holster for my Glock 19 with TLR-1. He is one of the range instructors for IMPD, and best way to reach him is by text: 317-625-3091

Will be posting photos of these this weekend....

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Most of my leather is El Paso Saddlery. Been around since the 1880's and made rigs for John Wesley Hardin and George Patton (the ones for his Colt SAA and Smith registered magnum).

But of course I'm an Old Dawg.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    00c0c_90TTlqn2zjf_08O0bh_1200x900.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I am inexperienced with holsters & have ordered a few & picked up a few at the LGS.
    One of the first I bought was the DeSanti Superfly mentioned early on that I got at Steven R Jenkins Co at 6680 East 21st St that caters to LEO.
    I have used it with my J frame revolvers & small 9mms.
    I have gotten decent holsters with used guns I've bought.
    I've had good luck with the inexpensive Sticky holsters for being able to tuck in your shirt.

But, what I don't understand with IWB holsters is that when you get one specifically designed for your gun, it might or might not have a "backing" covering the end of the slide so it doesn't dig into your flesh.
    And, none of the ones I've tried or seen, have a "backing" extending behind the grip, so that digs into you.

I've actually seen a "backing" you can buy to put between your skin & the gun's grip & slide that digs into you, but at $20 I haven't bought one yet.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    There are many good choices however many designers are not often the users. They have to build what sells, not necessarily what’s “best”. All my serious holsters are lined, gun specific, only require one hand and no eyes to present and reholster, will not have sweat guards, locks, levers or any other crap hanging on them that I do not need.

WitchKing575

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2020
    Evansville
    For me I like to use JM Custom Kydex for AIWB, but for an all rounder IWB i would suggest Vedder light tuck.

Though a lot of the holster selection process is based off of the carriers body type and how/where they want to carry.

Top Bottom