Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 130
  1. #111
    Plinker volksjager's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DadSmith View Post
    I'd like to see a modern high capacity pistol in 7.62x25. That's an excellent cartridge.
    Id take the 5.7 vs the 7.62x25

  2. #112
    Master Hohn's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DadSmith View Post
    Have a Glock 20SF. Them 200gr WFNGC bullets going 1257fps have some serious power.
    Sometimes I miss my G20SF. But not in awhile. Very glad I dropped down to 9mm and can get cheap range ammo instead of $35 for American Eagle.

    I reload now, but have no desire to go back to 10mm just because all the platforms I want to shoot it in are ones I'd not want to carry. Even the G20 was a heavy beast, and it's pretty light as 10mms go.

  3. #113
    Marksman COOPADUP's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I prefer a 9mm round for the lower recoil. But the 45 round in a JHP is truly got to be the supreme knockdown punch.
    Studies have shown that the aforementioned rounds are all fairly close in performance.

  4. #114
    I still care....Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Tombs View Post
    10mm? Pft, arguing over a difference of 100ftlbs from common calibers.

    Step up to 50AE. Managed to concealed carry it once, was still more comfortable than carrying a glock 45acp/10mm.
    No argument on the 50 but man 10mm is a steel punishing round. 9mm ball is Pffftt by comparison to 10mm ball.
    40 is right between the 2.

    This is from the Cmouse non-scientific testing. But we did have pocket protectors and tapped up bridges on our eye gear. And graph paper. And one of us had a lab coat.....
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

    Forum Rules

    Classified Rules

    FAQ

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

  5. #115
    Marksman DadSmith's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Take a 200gr WFNGC bullet load it into a 40 S&W then take the same bullet load it into a 10mm full power not the garbage most factory rounds are. Shoot them into ballistics jell. 10mm will win by a large margin for penetration. 9mm with a hard cast 147gr SWC won't come close as well.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

  6. #116
    Expert CampingJosh's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DadSmith View Post
    Take a 200gr WFNGC bullet load it into a 40 S&W then take the same bullet load it into a 10mm full power not the garbage most factory rounds are. Shoot them into ballistics jell. 10mm will win by a large margin for penetration. 9mm with a hard cast 147gr SWC won't come close as well.
    I realize that Americans are getting fatter, but 40" of penetration is only useful if you can get three bad guys to stand in a nice line for you.
    Last edited by CampingJosh; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:13.
    "The problem with internet quotations is that many are not genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

  7. #117
    Master Tombs's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DadSmith View Post
    Take a 200gr WFNGC bullet load it into a 40 S&W then take the same bullet load it into a 10mm full power not the garbage most factory rounds are. Shoot them into ballistics jell. 10mm will win by a large margin for penetration. 9mm with a hard cast 147gr SWC won't come close as well.
    I'm quite happy with what my 185gr 9mm has managed to do.
    "Fiat justitia ruat caelum" - Trey Gowdy

  8. #118
    Expert Amishman44's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by COOPADUP View Post
    I prefer a 9mm round for the lower recoil. But the 45 round in a JHP is truly got to be the supreme knockdown punch.
    Studies have shown that the aforementioned rounds are all fairly close in performance.
    9mm is easier and softer to the touch, especially in a larger-framed pistol, that's for sure.
    But in close-quarters, I prefer a heavier round, one that has a better ability to incapacitate quickly.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tombs View Post
    I'm quite happy with what my 185gr 9mm has managed to do.
    I didn't realize that they made a 9mm round in the 185 grain range...
    I thought that 9mm maxed at 147 (for most) and 150 grain in the HST...
    Even .40 only reaches 180 grain in weight...
    I thought only the .45 acp came in 185 grain weight...which is actually the grain/weight I CC in my Glock 36???
    Stupid should hurt!!! ~ Amishman44

  9. #119
    Grandmaster 88E30M50's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Amishman44 View Post
    9mm is easier and softer to the touch, especially in a larger-framed pistol, that's for sure.
    But in close-quarters, I prefer a heavier round, one that has a better ability to incapacitate quickly.




    I didn't realize that they made a 9mm round in the 185 grain range...
    I thought that 9mm maxed at 147 (for most) and 150 grain in the HST...
    Even .40 only reaches 180 grain in weight...
    I thought only the .45 acp came in 185 grain weight...which is actually the grain/weight I CC in my Glock 36???
    Im a fan of heavier bullets as well. I do need to break out the chrono though to see what running a 230g .45 through a Glock 30 is giving me. The 185 is a solid choice though and it might make sense to drop down to that one if the 230 is losing too much energy with the short barrel.
    88 (aka 88, the mad scientist)

  10. #120
    Grandmaster Route 45's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by CampingJosh View Post
    I realize that Americans are getting fatter, but 40" of penetration is only useful if you can get three bad guys to stand in a nice line for you.
    Or one wild boar or black bear.

    My guns won't be illegal....they'll be undocumented.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge