Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

AK Safety Reminder

At range today. Running famfire for someone who wanted to have some exposure to the AK platform before a .gov class.

When clearing the weapon, ALWAYS look in the breech AND look back to the bolt face. Sometimes the .30RS will stick to the bolt. Happened today before we were about to check targets.

I caught it but I was stupid and nearly negligent for not going over this sufficiently in the lecture.

Thank you for reading this.
    A Sigma and a SIGma male

User Info Menu

I have never heard of this before. Thanks for the warning.
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

User Info Menu

NONSENSE! Its not like a long gun can just "go off" on its own. You would have been just fine down range.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by snorko View Post
    I have never heard of this before. Thanks for the warning.
    Yeah, I didn't know to look for this, either. Thank you.
    "The problem with internet quotations is that many are not genuine." -Abraham Lincoln

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    At range today. Running famfire for someone who wanted to have some exposure to the AK platform before a .gov class.

When clearing the weapon, ALWAYS look in the breech AND look back to the bolt face. Sometimes the .30RS will stick to the bolt. Happened today before we were about to check targets.

I caught it but I was stupid and nearly negligent for not going over this sufficiently in the lecture.

Thank you for reading this.

I had no idea that could happen. How obvious is it when it happens?

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To prevail you must ACT!

User Info Menu

Okay, I had to google .30RS. Never heard 7.62x39 referred to as .30RS before. Interestingly enough, one of the google results lead to another INGO thread started by Kirk.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    Okay, I had to google .30RS. Never heard 7.62x39 referred to as .30RS before. Interestingly enough, one of the google results lead to another INGO thread started by Kirk.
    Does that make it a self fulfilling prophecy?
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Sounds like someone short stroked the system that actually can happen with a lot of platforms but weapons like the ak that have a ejector farther back are all more capable of this condition. Always best to strip the mag a quickly cycle the action a few times, and visual checks are a must!
    Looking for: East German Sigs, Czechpoint VZ-58 Pistol, Czech Mauser in 8mm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DoggyDaddy View Post
    You should read more Jeff Cooper.
    A Sigma and a SIGma male

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by duffman0286 View Post
    Sounds like someone short stroked the system that actually can happen with a lot of platforms but weapons like the ak that have a ejector farther back are all more capable of this condition. Always best to strip the mag a quickly cycle the action a few times, and visual checks are a must!
    He took the mag out and ran the bolt 2 or 3 times, but held the weapon at 0 with the buttstock at belt level, muzzle up and tongue out (aka, "the gun shop clear") instead of having gravity help and holding at 90.

We worked on that.
    A Sigma and a SIGma male

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast