Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

New Ruger PC Carbine Model

Ruger finally "AR'd" up their PC Carbines a bit.

https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html

Grabagun already has 'em.....https://grabagun.com/ruger-pc-carbin...=Daily%20Email

User Info Menu

I'll keep my plain jane pc9. Wish an aftermarket maker would come up with other mag well adapters especially for the S&W 5900 series mags.
    Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one. -Chesty Puller

User Info Menu

All I want from them is a light weight model.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Are the new models all take-downs also?
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Im on to the next one...

Grandmaster DeadeyeChrista'sdad's Avatar

User Info Menu

Well, they do look sexier. I can see commie wigs flipping as we speak.
    I hear They call him Flipper. Yes... yes, I'm serious.

JHB
    Marksman

User Info Menu

At 7.3 lbs. for a 9 mm they can keep it. I have the original model it is only 6.8 and handles like a brick.

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JHB View Post
    At 7.3 lbs. for a 9 mm they can keep it. I have the original model it is only 6.8 and handles like a brick.
    They are a heavy beast. Makes my Marlin Camp 9 feel like a BB gun. But really helps to hold steady on that long range 9mm shot! I made the mistake of putting on a 27 oz scope for testing purposes. It did shoot pretty good though. 10 rounds 115 grain Remington HP into 1.25 " at 50 yds. The only round I tested so far, but it might have potential.

JHB
    Marksman

User Info Menu

I purchased it for Steel Challenge and USPSA it is to heavy and clunky. Now I need to build an AR to replace it or stick with my Glock decisions decisions!

Plinker

User Info Menu

I had one too, ditto on the too heavy and clunky. I put together an AR9 and and I can break it down at carry it in a backpack just as easily.

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

The other side is that the weight helps to mitigate the blow back 9mm recoil. Lightweight 9mm AR's have just enough blowback/bolt/spring recoil to move your dot uncomfortably off plane.

If you are gonna run your AR with the big dogs in PCC there is fine tuning in springs, reloads and further equipment bolt on's to be played with. That is after making the darned AR's actually run reliably enough to make it through a match, when hot and dirty.

Done, done, and Im on to the next one...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast