• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    WORD. Down my way we were overrun with bugs last summer, thanks in part to the mild winter.
    We are supposed to have highs under about 15 for the next week and a half up here, lows around 0 or below... so we should be good to go after that...

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Bring on all the cold weather! It'll just make me appreciate it all the more when we leave for Miami (and points farther south) in just over a week.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    If it took -20 to kill off the damn mosquitoes. I'd install an outdoor freezer to help it get there.
    Isn't that what a heat pump is?

I like the way the snow makes a squeeky noise at -20. Put some wind with that and blue jeans start to hurt. Good bye bugs!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    45 degrees here in New Orleans :-), sure picked a nice time for a vacation

Bring on all the cold weather! It'll just make me appreciate it all the more when we leave for Miami (and points farther south) in just over a week.

You can both just KISS IT!!:p

-3 at 5 a.m. in Mooresville but the temp has risen 400% to 9 now.:noway:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well.... mom's car battery was fine. Water pipe in the garage was not. Hopefully have a plumber coming yet today. Got the main line shut down at the street for now. Seems she left she garage door up for some reason last night (likely went in that way and simply forgot to go back and close it).

After the plumber, it is on to insurance. Soaked most of her kitchen (ran under wall on the slab). Probably 10' of drywall and insulation, plus the floor (she has laminate), and who knows what else. What a mess. Her deductible will be cheaper than doing it myself, and I'm not exactly in the mood.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Was -2° when I left this morning. Good news was I got to test out the new Columbia jacket that I got for Christmas. Seemed to keep me warm, but wasn't out that long.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Here it got about 4 today. Was -2 at wake up this morning. Tried out my flannel lined jeans I got for Christmas. Just WOW! They're wondrous!
    Should have gotten some years ago.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    How cold was it today?... This cold...

[video=youtube;h8tqXf_fCy4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8tqXf_fCy4[/video]

Work sucked today. :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well.... mom's car battery was fine. Water pipe in the garage was not. Hopefully have a plumber coming yet today. Got the main line shut down at the street for now. Seems she left she garage door up for some reason last night (likely went in that way and simply forgot to go back and close it).

After the plumber, it is on to insurance. Soaked most of her kitchen (ran under wall on the slab). Probably 10' of drywall and insulation, plus the floor (she has laminate), and who knows what else. What a mess. Her deductible will be cheaper than doing it myself, and I'm not exactly in the mood.

During the last harsh winter we had my MIL (rest in peace) did this exact thing. Water softener piping, water heater (wind must have got the pilot) etc and so on.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It's -6 F here in Crawfordstucky just after 09:00 with the sun shining. I wonder how low it went a few hours earlier.

Weather.com is reporting a brisk -18 F windchill, so not so bad outside, especially if you're in the sun.

And yes, I was still wearing shorts outside last night. But I did wear a jacket and a fleece vest!

So you're one of "those" guys.

Top Bottom