• ...and so much more!
  • Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Great...now ill never find out what the CO said...
    "Hey man, I get it. REALLY frustrating to have a dude making all this noise while you are hunting. But it's also probably pretty frustrating to frequently deal with people blocking your access road. Just happened to be you today. Now, how about you move on down a few hundred yards and I get Yodels McGee to head home?"

To which we know rooster replied in a considerate, thoughtful manner and the situation was resolved with minimal angst between parties.

No, probably not. Dude calls IMPD for barking dogs and then complains about their response on this very board, FFS.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've only called the CO once. Found a two person ladder stand with a camo box on top set up literally next to the fence. 20 yards inside my land was a huge pile of corn, 200 pounds, I could tell because the "hunters" put the empty bags in a pile under the stand. Sunday after opening Saturday, stand was gone.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I've only called the CO once. Found a two person ladder stand with a camo box on top set up literally next to the fence. 20 yards inside my land was a huge pile of corn, 200 pounds, I could tell because the "hunters" put the empty bags in a pile under the stand. Sunday after opening Saturday, stand was gone.
    With a bait pile you almost had to notify a CO.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

The bait pile was what got my attention, I wasn't sure what it was from a distance. I didn't see the stand in the trees until I got closer and then saw the bags under the stand.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    "Here they come to snuff the rooster
    Yeah here come the rooster, yeah
    You know he ain't gonna die
    No, no, no, ya know he ain't gonna die"

-- Alice in Chains ;)
    SCOOPED! The exact same thing came to mind when I read this for the first time as it was unfolding. I was traveling and just too darn tired to post it. Bravo.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Baiting is lawful where im from.
    When my #2 and I were going through his Hunter Safety Class that was given by two local brothers that are Maryland DNR officers one was talking about baiting.
    Both of these Officers are family friends, my sons nick name is boog, the Officer made a statement that no one kills deer over a bait pile.
    My son giggled and the Officer asked him if he had killed a deer over bait.
    My sons answer was it would be easier to tell you about the ones that weren't killed over bait. The room laughed.

That kid is a deer duck goose machine.

No baiting in Md with State owned or State leased/controlled land..
    I believe seeing Cronic Waste has changed baiting laws in different County's / States.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Video recap:

Scene: shaky view of the ground/ leaves. Occasionally a glimpse of the Leo.

Rooster: he committed a class c misdemeanor! ...I want you to follow the law!

Leo: well, that's not gonna happen.

(This is based on rough memory. May not be a direct quote, but that's the jist of it.)
    Pretty close as I recall. This was after re-parking the car in a more appropriate location, and saying "I'm just going to pack up my stuff and head on out."

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Well I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed...but....If I'm sick I get a doctor. If my house is being robbed I'll call cops and call on my 1911. If I get I trouble with the law I'll call a lawyer. If my house is on fire I'll call the fire department. If I'm deer hunting and get hunter harassment I'll call a CO. I caught poachers once, called the CO....he got them and I got a $200 reward later for it. The CO are better in this specific outdoor thing than a police officer is....pick the right tool if you want the best outcome.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed...but....If I'm sick I get a doctor. If my house is being robbed I'll call cops and call on my 1911. If I get I trouble with the law I'll call a lawyer. If my house is on fire I'll call the fire department. If I'm deer hunting and get hunter harassment I'll call a CO. I caught poachers once, called the CO....he got them and I got a $200 reward later for it. The CO are better in this specific outdoor thing than a police officer is....pick the right tool if you want the best outcome.
    And if you're parked blocking someone else's driveway, it's probably best not to call anyone.

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    I never understood the people that don't use the parking areas on public land. I am surprised the C.O's don't fine everyone that does it instead of charging me $3 to use a phone to check in a deer. Generate your revenue from people who break the law like the rest of the state.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    If you had yelled at the trespassers and they then called the game warden and told them you had a bait pile on your property, nothing good would have come of that.
    Nobody was there when I found the setup, that was just before gun season. The stand itself was not on my ground, but the bait pile was, and I have a stand about 200 yards away. The placement of their stand was facing over the fence, so that and the pile were enough to know they were going to be hunting my ground opening day. I imagine the CO probably let them get set up Saturday morning then came in behind them and confiscated everything except the bait pile which was still there.

Top Bottom