9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I read most of this....

Short take:

"Do your job- arrest him."

--"LEO can't arrest him unless he witnesses it."

"OK, but he should be charged."

HoughMade observation: The video was titled 10/29/22, meaning, I guess, this took place on a Saturday. So OP wants LEO to write his report, get it to a prosecutor, prosecutor to do his investigation and make a charging decision on, at best, a misdemeanor where no one was injured, write up a criminal information, and get a judge to issue a warrant ...over the weekend.

O...............................................K

Yes, there are prosecutors and judges on call 24/7 everywhere....I don't think this is the scenario anyone envisioned when making out the on-call schedule.

Word to the..........concerned. Pretty much every prosecutor's office has a procedure where citizens can make a complaint, bring their evidence and present their evidence for consideration. I used to do these "intake" meetings. I have seen cases filed that began this way.

This would pretty much be my response if I was dispatched to a call where a hunter complained that someone walked by him making loud noises...

:nopity:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I'll give Rooster his due for being honest about his discontent with law enforcement. But if one's world view is ACAB, or they're lazy, they're worthless, they don't know the law or won't enforce the law that "I know" better.... Then why in the hell would he call the cops in the first place? Move the damn car, get back up in the tree.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't remember the thread exactly, but we had a discussion here some time ago about the fact that there seems to be a subset of people (not speaking of Rooster specifically) who are ALWAYS calling the police for non-emergencies and NEVER satisfied.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    ACAB starter kit:

-"Aren't there any REAL crimes for you to solve?"

-"Whenever I call the cops for virtually nothing, they won't do what I want them to do."
    then you can move on to advanced topics like yelling, "I'm scared of you!", all while fighting, cursing, spitting, resisting, and just being a PITA.

But that's for another thread.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Kinda funny but just saw a post on FB guy asking about laws on parking off road in public land, DNR says one thing, cops say another thing. Pretty sure it’s the OP.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    ACAB starter kit:

-"Aren't there any REAL crimes for you to solve?"

-"Whenever I call the cops for virtually nothing, they won't do what I want them to do."
    Well, 911 did a horrible job when McDonald's gave me a chocolate shake instead of vanilla. I don't care if the drive thru board showed chocolate as did the receipt. I am positive she said vanilla when she repeated it back.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I almost hired Hough, Freeman, and Relford so I could have a Crack legal team for my lawsuit. When that shake spilled onto my um pants the chill gave me blue well you know. The pain and suffering were killer.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I almost hired Hough, Freeman, and Relford so I could have a Crack legal team for my lawsuit. When that shake spilled onto my um pants the chill gave me blue well you know. The pain and suffering were killer.
    I gotta call bs on this. To get blue balls you have to have balls to start with.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    This would pretty much be my response if I was dispatched to a call where a hunter complained that someone walked by him making loud noises...

:nopity:
    I mean even if they were actually doing it intentionally and you didn’t park blocking a road ? or are you just saying in this situation?

Top Bottom