• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    It's an older gun, I've had it for 2 years, thing that pissed me off is the price to refinish, $168 plus tax and $25 to ship, when I could have gotten a new slide fitted to the frame for $146 plus tax

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    This is why I want to take mine out shooting again. It's hard to see but I'm just a little uneasy about the amount of movement between the frame and slide on the end...

(video)

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I don't know about the loose fit on a Kahr, but if you really want to scare yourself. check any Beretta 92FS. They are the AK of the pistol world, with everything a slop fit, but their accuracy out of the box, and reliability is amazing.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I had a Ruger Bearcat that rusted one time, 10-12 year old gun, contacted Ruger, their response, prepaid call tag and a free refinish plus a couple hats and shirts for my trouble, that is how a reputable company handles problems. IMO

jdl357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    The pm9 is on my want list. I have not heard of rust being a common problem with these. Sorry to hear you got a bad one. Kahr must not want our business. I will really have to think hard about getting one now. Thanks for sharing this.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    The pm9 is on my want list. I have not heard of rust being a common problem with these. Sorry to hear you got a bad one. Kahr must not want our business. I will really have to think hard about getting one now. Thanks for sharing this.

I truthfully loved my Kahr, trigger was good for a DAO pistol and the size was perfect, just disappointed with the customer service

JustOneMore

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Franklin
    Not rying to be an A$$, but.....

-2 for cornfused for posting a video of him with his finger on the trigger AND his hand across end of the barrel. :rules::facepalm:

This is why I want to take mine out shooting again. It's hard to see but I'm just a little uneasy about the amount of movement between the frame and slide on the end...

(video)

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    After 2 hours of sitting in rust remover the finish is starting to come off and the rust is still there, I'm going to leave it overnight and see what happens, new back plate is only $27, it'll be ugly but it will work, I hope:dunno:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    What kind of rust remover are you using? And do you have any pictures of the rust?

My camera was borrowed so no pictures, rust remover is Birchwood Casey, I think something had to be on the rag I used to clean it on Friday :dunno:

If it goes back together I will buy the part and just carry it with no finish and wipe it off everyday till I can get it dura coated, frame is now rust free and only has a few wear spots on it:rockwoot:

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    My camera was borrowed so no pictures, rust remover is Birchwood Casey, I think something had to be on the rag I used to clean it on Friday :dunno:

If it goes back together I will buy the part and just carry it with no finish and wipe it off everyday till I can get it dura coated, frame is now rust free and only has a few wear spots on it:rockwoot:

I'll see if I can't scrounge up a polishing wheel for my dremel and bring it with wednesday if you'd like?

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I'll see if I can't scrounge up a polishing wheel for my dremel and bring it with wednesday if you'd like?

I have one somewhere, not sure I want to polish it, almost want to carry it so everyone can ask me about it and I can badmouth Kahr:D

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County

Barricade?

Top Bottom