• ...and so much more!
  • Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Why is the WH closed ?
    Just mop the floor and get back to getting the greased food on the counter.
    When our family used to make the twice annual trek to Atlanta and Talladega we ate breakfast at WH each morning and it was pretty good. Granted I haven’t crossed the threshold of one in 25 years.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    FIFY.

From what I have heard, those are "hotels" you dont want to stay in if you are in town for a couple days. E.g. they have a weekly rate that is used quite often.
    Is a weekly rate better or worse htan a "nap rate"? when I lived in Chicago in hte early 80's I remember having some time on my hands, Was looking in hte Yellow Pages at hotels. There were lots of them along the western edge of Chicago that advertized "nap rates" for something like 2-4 hour stays...

JD1966

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2022
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Is a weekly rate better or worse htan a "nap rate"? when I lived in Chicago in hte early 80's I remember having some time on my hands, Was looking in hte Yellow Pages at hotels. There were lots of them along the western edge of Chicago that advertized "nap rates" for something like 2-4 hour stays...
    It’s where you take a hooker for a quickie. Cheaper than the whole day and better than in the car. (So I’m told)

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Just remembered a Denny’s in San Antonio in 2003.

Lichtenwalter was on parole after serving 7 years for attempted murder by shooting that left someone else brain damaged and paralyzed. He was 16 when he did a drive-by shooting and was tried as an adult.

At Denny’s in wee hours he got in a loud argument with his girlfriend over someone else she was apparently seeing. Somebody called the cops and the first two cops showed up.

Lichtenwalter agreed to leave and was walking out peacefully with the cops when the girlfriend blurts out something like “ he has a shotgun in the car.”

Lichtenwalter immediately punched the biggest cop, breaking his jaw and knocking him out, and grabbed his gun. He shot both cops. Two other cops arrived on scene. He shot those cops as well, but one of them, a rookie with five months on the job, managed to shoot back and kill Lichtenwalter.

All the cops survived with various degrees of injury. I believe at least one of them retired medically a couple years later.

Top Bottom