• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Spud

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hoosier in Exile
    Well, back from lunch, and finishing my shopping, ( will be updating my other thread about work OC )

Yes, I found that out the hard way. I only started recording after he refused to get a supervisor, so the only thing the video shows is him listening to his radio when he was checking my LTCH, and then him handing it to me, and lecturing me about impersonating an officer, then me walking away as he is talking to me, after I had had enough of his useless stuff. I did download the audio recorder app for the android, and it even has the option to skip silence and only record when words are said, and it doesn't use up my battery and can run in the background I think. So I will start using this from now on.

I guess wearing khaki slacks and a black polo with a glock in a serpa holster is enough to stop people for impersonating an officer these days.

I have contacted the chief, and am awaiting a response from his office.

Here is a picture of him.

Hey, isn't that Patton Oswalt from "Justified"? :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I caution you guys against going on an internet witch hunt, and especially based on a post that may or may not have any basis in fact (not doubting your word, OP, just saying that we only have your word). I've seen them go down and they can get ugly fast. The OP has a photo, and if the person is actually an NPD officer, then the Chief will recognize him. Let the Chief deal with identifying him.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I caution you guys against going on an internet witch hunt, and especially based on a post that may or may not have any basis in fact (not doubting your word, OP, just saying that we only have your word). I've seen them go down and they can get ugly fast. The OP has a photo, and if the person is actually an NPD officer, then the Chief will recognize him. Let the Chief deal with identifying him.

That, and the fat jokes aren't helping.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Looks like he might be one of these:City of Noblesville, Indiana / City Services - Crisis Negotiations Unit

Does getting a soft drink constitute a "crisis"?

Could be him at top right in the photo? Det. John Bunch. The OP's guy sure had something in a bunch.

I don't think that's him but those shirts are definitely not flattering even with the picture scrunched a bit, I bet a couple folks in that photo are glad they only have to pass the PT test once.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    You're telling me. I've been out of the Marines for 16 years now, and let me assure you, it's hard to stay thin anymore. It wasn't so bad when I was on patrol, but almost 6 years as a detective is really taking it's toll on me.

I'm not looking for sympathy, but once you hit 41 your metabolism slows way down. Of course I really, really do like my Italian food. When I was a kid back in the 70's I used to ride my bike past the Red Gold plant in Elwood, IN all the time... I guess the love for good food gets under your skin after awhile.

I do love my job as a Noblesville detective though.

Last edited:

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    Interesting that there is an ESU....

Logo look vaguely similar to another logo....

391192725255885.jpg

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I don't think that's him but those shirts are definitely not flattering even with the picture scrunched a bit, I bet a couple folks in that photo are glad they only have to pass the PT test once.

Looks like him to me. The shape of the bone above the eyes and his ears give it away.

Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    FAIL. So now we post pictures of officers on INGO to attempt to shame them for not knowing the ICC book by memory? He didn't cuff you, he didn't even say he was detaining you... I just don't understand this hostile attitude everyone gets when they OC and, to NO ONE'S surprise, are confronted by law enforcement. Don't want to be hassled? CC. Want your rights respected? They already are by the STATE. It may be hit and miss whether you get the "respect you feel you are entitled to," but that's because you're dealing with human beings with different personalities, different experiences, different training, and different levels of education on ICC. You want to make a difference? Sit down and pen letters to the ISP, IMPD, and your local agencies and urge them to educate their force, if this is that important of an issue to you. Be proactive and not reactive. What you should NOT do is play candid camera OC citizen and try to catch officers with their pants down on the exact letter of the law. Explain to me how you think that is making INGO a warm place for LEO's, and how that is better than him asking you some questions without even detaining you?

EDIT: I also think a thread needs locked when we start trying to "OUT" anyone in a way that could jeopardize a person's safety, reflect a negative image of INGO to authorities, or that otherwise is fueled by a hive hostility toward anyone, for any reason. Just my :twocents:

Last edited:

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    FAIL. So now we post pictures of officers on INGO to attempt to shame them for not knowing the ICC book by memory? He didn't cuff you, he didn't even say he was detaining you... I just don't understand this hostile attitude everyone gets when they OC and, to NO ONE'S surprise, are confronted by law enforcement. Don't want to be hassled? CC. Want your rights respected? They already are by the STATE. It may be hit and miss whether you get the "respect you feel you are entitled to," but that's because you're dealing with human beings with different personalities, different experiences, different training, and different levels of education on ICC. You want to make a difference? Sit down and pen letters to the ISP, IMPD, and your local agencies and urge them to educate their force, if this is that important of an issue to you. Be proactive and not reactive. What you should NOT do is play candid camera OC citizen and try to catch officers with their pants down on the exact letter of the law. Explain to me how you think that is making INGO a warm place for LEO's, and how that is better than him asking you some questions without even detaining you?
    I don't think you're understanding that the main gripe OP has a about the encounter is that the officer felt the need to lecture him about doing a perfectly legal activity when the officer knew that it was legal.

Magnum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    North Indy
    Okay well the cop was exercising his first amendment rights by commenting on the OP's second amendment rights. It doesn't sound like he "took action" against him outside of what the law allows. The rest of it is "I didn't like what he said to me, even though I didn't have to stand there and listen." My main point is complain to the department, don't get on the internet and try to rally support just because you got offended. Then he takes it a step further by making INGO his medium for trying to out a LEO, with a picture, as hostile to his 2A rights.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Okay well the cop was exercising his first amendment rights by commenting on the OP's second amendment rights. It doesn't sound like he "took action" against him outside of what the law allows. The rest of it is "I didn't like what he said to me, even though I didn't have to stand there and listen."

Except the officer had him unlawfully detained by holding onto his LTCH while he administered this lecture. The OP was not free to leave, thus he was doing more than exercising his first amendment right.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    You're telling me. I've been out of the Marines for 16 years now, and let me assure you, it's hard to stay thin anymore. It wasn't so bad when I was on patrol, but almost 6 years as a detective is really taking it's toll on me.

I'm not looking for sympathy, but once you hit 41 your metabolism slows way down. Of course I really, really do like my Italian food. When I was a kid back in the 70's I used to ride my bike past the Red Gold plant all the time... I guess the love for good food gets under your skin after awhile.

I'm in the same boat and I hear you on the matabolism, mine is non-existent. I started to get out of shape pretty bad the last couple of months so i've had to go back at it pretty hard and am getting back to where I need to be. I think by June I should be good to go and not let myself go again. I have to realize I can't eat like an 18 year old anymore.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Okay well the cop was exercising his first amendment rights by commenting on the OP's second amendment rights. It doesn't sound like he "took action" against him outside of what the law allows. The rest of it is "I didn't like what he said to me, even though I didn't have to stand there and listen."
    As the OP pointed out he DID have to stand there and listen to officer Putz lecture him. He still had his LTCH in his possession and didn't hand it back till he was done being officer badass. He should be called out and shamed, as should all of them who exhibit the same egregious behaviour.

Top Bottom