• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    The gap is pretty noticeable from the side but I'm not sure if that would bother me that much or not. I don't expect that much for $289! I might pick one up if I can sell some stuff to fund it. ;)

snake-doctor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Cumberland
    I have to get one of these! I was leaning toward the 1022 compact, but I think I like the take down model better. For me the lighter weight is a bonus also.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It seems like a place to catch dirt and-or become a possible pinch point.
    I own one and it locks up pretty solid. I don't see any potential for a pinch point.

As far as a dirt catcher goes it is real easy to break it down and clean it out if need be. I guess anything is a possibility but again I don't foresee a problem.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    They are a Blast

Took mine out this morning and the son and grandson put about 700 rounds through it. I replaced the sights with Williams Firesights and man is this thing on the money.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Took mine out this morning and the son and grandson put about 700 rounds through it. I replaced the sights with Williams Firesights and man is this thing on the money.

Thanks for the heads up on those. I got my rifle out for the first time yesterday. Only 120 rds, but it was flawless. Haven't decided on small scope or sights yet. I was looking at Tech Sights, but will add the Williams to my list.

Was the front sight an easy replacement?

lonnie58

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Danville
    I picked mine up on Friday, haven't had a chance to shoot it but will be replacing the sights with the Williams. I had a standard 10/22 a long time ago which was a 22 magnum. I've always missed that gun and now I got something close enough.

lonnie58

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Danville
    I didn't see this thread until earlier today. Then seen that there's a few others about these TDs. I heard about it from a friend and found no one had one in the area so found one online for 299.00 Had it shipped to Fort Liberty Firearms in Avon, great bunch of guys.

So far the only thing I don't like about it is the front sight(can't see it too clearly) but that will be taken care of soon. I wonder if they did anything different with the trigger in these and if a better drop in will fit? Anyone check that out yet? Seems to be the same plastic one on the newer models from the outside.

Top Bottom