• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Everyone I’ve ever been to is exactly like this!!!! If they didn’t have such a good rewards program and national coverage I’d never step foot in one again.

They are everywhere. Some areas have 4 locations in less than a square mile it seems. And the pumps are always full.
    There are a couple that are well maintained but not the :poop: hole on the corner just south of us. And fuel prices there are the highest you will see on the west side...???
    4 blocks north and prices are noticeably lower. 4 blocks east, same deal. 18 blocks south and again, clean location better prices.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    They are everywhere. Some areas have 4 locations in less than a square mile it seems. And the pumps are always full.
    There are a couple that are well maintained but not the :poop: hole on the corner just south of us. And fuel prices there are the highest you will see on the west side...???
    4 blocks north and prices are noticeably lower. 4 blocks east, same deal. 18 blocks south and again, clean location better prices.

all but one that you mention are in my area of responsibility, and you are spot-on about all of them, particularly the one just south of you. That place is the bane of my existence. I was just there again today dealing with some BS. The other two can have their moments but that one is total crap.

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    Would be curious to see what the average age is in this thread. My goodness y’all sound old and cranky. :oldwise:

Old enough to know better.

Loads of great points in this thread. In the words of Young Mr. Grace, "You're all doing very well".

I do buy gift cards at Speedway for things and places that I'm going to go to anyway like Cracker Barrel. That alone nets me craptons of points. Those get cashed in for...More gift cards!
    I like to think I cost them several hundred dollars a year.

At work or play, we'll take your pay!
    The convenient stores of Greedway.

Carry on.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I've sworn off Speedway for years. The last straw was on a hot Summer Saturday a couple years ago. I was on my bike and was burning up, so I stopped at the one South of Bedford to grab a bottle of water. The place was hopping, and one poor little girl running the register had customers stacked up ten deep. You could look out the window while you were standing in line and see one employee sitting on her ass smoking a cigarette talking to another employee all while this poor young lady was overwhelmed. They never did come in to help her. Bye Speedway.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I haven't been to a Speedway in a long, long time. All coffee tastes like swill to me and that's putting it nicely so I really don't care what they did to their brew. I stopped frequenting their gas stations because I got tired of being constantly hassled by people trying to sell me used sneakers, drills or outright begging for gas money at the one nearest my office and the one closest to my house is almost always 10-12 cents higher per gallon for gas plus half the pumps are always out of service.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    This thread reminds me of how several years ago, Burger King used to have a coffee machine next to the soft drink dispenser.
    The coffee was drinkable, and refills were free.

My better half and I would go in there often for coffee, and ALWAYS ended up ordering food too.

THEN Burger King did away with that, and started selling coffee called "Seattle's Best" at the counter by the cup.
    It was TERRIBLE coffee and expensive.
    I always called it "Seattle's Worst".

So we stopped going to Burger King for the most part, except to eat there now and then.

dmazzio

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Danville
    I walked into my Speedway the other morning and the girl working there asked me if I liked the new coffee and I told her no I hate it. She said "yeah they told us it's the same coffee but it's not". I sent a nastygram to Speedway thru the app on my phone telling them their new coffee sucked and that I won't be going there anymore for coffee. Got a canned response thanking me for my input. I guess it's back to DD or I need to try Get Go.

dmazzio

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Danville
    I walked into my Speedway the other morning and the girl working there asked me if I liked the new coffee and I told her no I hate it. She said "yeah they told us it's the same coffee but it's not". I sent a nastygram to Speedway thru the app on my phone telling them their new coffee sucked and that I won't be going there anymore for coffee. Got a canned response thanking me for my input. I guess it's back to DD or I need to try Get Go.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The only thing I buy at Speedway (any gas station really) is gas and/or smokes. By the time I get out and about, I've already had my coffee at home.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I usually have to get gas in the work truck on 3rd shift so mighy as well get the free points. I usually get enough by oct for $125 in Lowe's gift cards.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I really should find out what my point balance is. I don't know if they expire or not, but I probably had a crap ton at one time. Mostly get my gas a Kroger now, but I still get it at Speedway occasionally.

Top Bottom