• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep. I usually don't use my Kroger points unless the price has gone up and/or I need more than half a tank. Even without using the points, you still get 3 cents off per gallon, same as Speedway with their card.

We have 2 very thirsty trucks. Yes we use the points when they are stacked up to at least 30 cents per gallon. It eases the pain of filling a 30 gallon tank. The spouse has no qualms about running them dry in her quest for shopping fulfilment. With the urban decline on the west side all the good shopping is in AVON now.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We have 2 very thirsty trucks. Yes we use the points when they are stacked up to at least 30 cents per gallon. It eases the pain of filling a 30 gallon tank. The spouse has no qualms about running them dry in her quest for shopping fulfilment. With the urban decline on the west side all the good shopping is in AVON now.

DoggyMama and I used to take both vehicles. I'd swipe the card, she'd fill her vehicle, then lay the hose on the ground and I'd pull up and fill mine. Sometimes I'd have the boat tanks with me too. I think it's supposed to be limited to 25 gallons, but I've never seen that enforced.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    DoggyMama and I used to take both vehicles. I'd swipe the card, she'd fill her vehicle, then lay the hose on the ground and I'd pull up and fill mine. Sometimes I'd have the boat tanks with me too. I think it's supposed to be limited to 25 gallons, but I've never seen that enforced.

Not done the 2 rigg fill up. Neither of us are available so it seems. I am busy and seldom fill my truck there. I did get fuel for $2.22 the other day. Seems it is back up over $2.35 now.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    My wife and I are almost exclusively Speedway customers. Yes - sometimes the wait in line sucks. Especially the one at 10th and Shadeland. But the ones around our place are all generally well kept.

We buy Speedway gift cards through the SCRIP program at our church. https://www.shopwithscrip.com/ We buy a gift card, and then a certain % of that value is returned to us, into an account at church that helps pay for our kids' summer camps. (which are somehow incredibly expensive these days).

I like their soda choices. I like their sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast muffin sandwiches way too much. I rarely ever get coffee at gas stations anyhow. Rickers stations has those "grind it by the cup" machines, too. I personally don't have any problems with any of them.

Some of y'all are wound too tight.

Perhaps we need a "first world problems" thread.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My wife and I are almost exclusively Speedway customers. Yes - sometimes the wait in line sucks. Especially the one at 10th and Shadeland. But the ones around our place are all generally well kept.

We buy Speedway gift cards through the SCRIP program at our church. https://www.shopwithscrip.com/ We buy a gift card, and then a certain % of that value is returned to us, into an account at church that helps pay for our kids' summer camps. (which are somehow incredibly expensive these days).

I like their soda choices. I like their sausage, egg, and cheese breakfast muffin sandwiches way too much. I rarely ever get coffee at gas stations anyhow. Rickers stations has those "grind it by the cup" machines, too. I personally don't have any problems with any of them.

Nope. Just see the places for what hey are.
    I will stop at a Speedway but not he one by me.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

i don’t mind the wait in line if they’re busy, but when there are ten people in line, one checker and two people counting cigarettes and chatting that’s BS.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

Try going to that Speedway before 6 AM... the crowd is pretty sparse but interesting. That's a great time and location to fulfill all of your used sneaker and drill buying needs or to listen to some entertaining stories before being propositioned for gas money.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Try going to that Speedway before 6 AM... the crowd is pretty sparse but interesting. That's a great time and location to fulfill all of your used sneaker and drill buying needs or to listen to some entertaining stories before being propositioned for gas money.
    Best one I’ve heard is she has a sick animal and is taking it to Purdue Vet clinic and just needs a few dollars for gas. Offer to put some in her tank before I stop, but Nooooo, she needs the cash. I sometimes like the stories.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Best one I’ve heard is she has a sick animal and is taking it to Purdue Vet clinic and just needs a few dollars for gas. Offer to put some in her tank before I stop, but Nooooo, she needs the cash. I sometimes like the stories.

Haha, I heard nearly the same story accept it was specifically several horses in need of a vet visit at Purdue. After the guy finally found a sucker I watched him get in his small truck sans trailer and horses and head south from Brazil instead of north.

Top Bottom