• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I offer points to people on armslist for their over priced ****, some have actually thought about it. Trolling at its finest

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Try going to that Speedway before 6 AM... the crowd is pretty sparse but interesting. That's a great time and location to fulfill all of your used sneaker and drill buying needs or to listen to some entertaining stories before being propositioned for gas money.

This particular Speedway is a palace compared to the one at Hartman and Pendleton Pike. And the one at like 4550 N Shadeland. That one on the Pike is interesting. At all hours of the day.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I really should find out what my point balance is. I don't know if they expire or not, but I probably had a crap ton at one time. Mostly get my gas a Kroger now, but I still get it at Speedway occasionally.

They do expire. Don't remember the details but they do. In the past I emailed them and they reapplied my expired points so that was good. I hardly ever go there anymore and only really went during the summer for their fountain drink specials.

DoggyMama and I used to take both vehicles. I'd swipe the card, she'd fill her vehicle, then lay the hose on the ground and I'd pull up and fill mine. Sometimes I'd have the boat tanks with me too. I think it's supposed to be limited to 25 gallons, but I've never seen that enforced.

https://www.kroger.com/fuelfaqs

Kroger does cut off the discount: "Fuel points apply to a maximum of 35 gallons on one purchase of fuel at a Kroger Fuel Center or Shell gas station." and I have had it happen. When my daughter or son are home from school, if I have a decent amount of points (and usually do when they are home due to extra groceries) I will usually arrange for one of them to take a vehicle up along with mine and it cuts off at 35 gallons.

I usually buy most of my fuel at Rickers (now owned by GetGo) as they have rewards and if you are signed up with their payment source you get additional discounts.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    This particular Speedway is a palace compared to the one at Hartman and Pendleton Pike. And the one at like 4550 N Shadeland. That one on the Pike is interesting. At all hours of the day.

I stopped for gas there before returning a Uhaul truck after I moved. Guy wanted me to help him out and go pick up a patio table and chairs from the garage sale around the corner for him and deliver it to his house since he "ain't got no truck" - i declined because I "didn't want the extra miles on my rental"

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Try going to that Speedway before 6 AM... the crowd is pretty sparse but interesting. That's a great time and location to fulfill all of your used sneaker and drill buying needs or to listen to some entertaining stories before being propositioned for gas money.

Sounds like the kind of place the late night Walmart "shoppers" go to on their way home.

Gave up on the hit or miss coffee on the road some years ago. The "good" coffee shops were an objection to my wallet.

I brew a pot that goes in a thermos and travel mug before I leave. It's normally doctored up a bit, bulletproof style. A smaller package rides on the bike, along with water bottles.

:dunno: - Who hasn't gone 90 on 465?

This is what I do. My cheapie Mr. Coffee makes better java than about any gas station coffee I've ever had, takes all of 10 minutes to brew a pot and I can adjust it for my personal preferences.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Sounds like the kind of place the late night Walmart "shoppers" go to on their way home.

This is what I do. My cheapie Mr. Coffee makes better java than about any gas station coffee I've ever had, takes all of 10 minutes to brew a pot and I can adjust it for my personal preferences.

WHY DO YOU HATE CAPITALISM??????????????????????????????:xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

:laugh:

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Stopped in my local Speedway for the spouses smokes and they were installing the new coffee machines. I told the gal behind the counter that I couldn't believe they were installing those and that the coffee business would dry up. She said yep it's the end of an era.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    One small upside: the nonprofit where I work is being given a couple of the old coffee machine that they are taking out.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    DoggyMama and I used to take both vehicles. I'd swipe the card, she'd fill her vehicle, then lay the hose on the ground and I'd pull up and fill mine. Sometimes I'd have the boat tanks with me too. I think it's supposed to be limited to 25 gallons, but I've never seen that enforced.

It's a 25 gallon limit, and if you get more than 25 it automatically adjusts the price once you hit 25, just does not show it on the pump. Me and the late wife used to routinely do this since she only had a 12.5 gallon tank. I think I currently have 36,000+ points that I need to start using to my advantage.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    This thread reminds me of how several years ago, Burger King used to have a coffee machine next to the soft drink dispenser.
    The coffee was drinkable, and refills were free.

My better half and I would go in there often for coffee, and ALWAYS ended up ordering food too.

THEN Burger King did away with that, and started selling coffee called "Seattle's Best" at the counter by the cup.
    It was TERRIBLE coffee and expensive.
    I always called it "Seattle's Worst".

So we stopped going to Burger King for the most part, except to eat there now and then.

Our BK is the exception. Early mornings on the way to work, 6:30 ish, there are 2 older ladies working. They are very fast, courteous and the coffee is good/fresh. The other BK not so much.

They aren't afraid to wish me a "Blessed Day" .

Don

Top Bottom