• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jacobm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Newton County
    Sitting at the kitchen table eating a PBJ. Mom dropped a cup and dish towel as it was announced. Cartoons were out for the rest of the day while we watched the TV coverage.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I was in a Catholic high school Freshman history class. Guess we added a line in the book that day! I was stunned, many of the girls were crying, and a couple ran out of the classroom. I remember the silence and sobbing. We lost a helping of naivete that day.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    i was born in 71' but if i had been born? i dont think i would have cared. from what ive read he wasnt that good of a president................

jake

nailknocker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Jr. High. The media loved him, a playboy with the morals of a buck rabbit and some good speech writers. I always thought Jackie or J. Edgar Hoover probably had him whacked, Jackie as his wife, well he had it comin from her, J edgar, just trying to protect the country from a mob takeover.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Freshman English Class. The school broadcast the newscasts throughout the school immediately after it happened.
    Some of the teachers and students were crying. My teacher had us get under our desks to "Duck and Cover".(IF you're old enough to remember Atomic Bomb Drills).
    Ever see or hear of one of those?

Redskinsfan

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I was on a train headed to Kansas. I recall seeing nuns on-board crying and itstruck me as very odd. I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school and believed at that time that nuns were far too tough to ever display emotion.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I was in Jr. High. Announcement over the PA. Teacher started crying. We were let out early. My mother was parked outside the school, waiting for me - that never happened before! (I walked to & from school in all kinds of weather).

I still have some of the newspapers from that period. (And a magazine)

Top Bottom