• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaveL

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Lafayette
    I was a sophomore in HS. They called everyone (there were only 110 in the top 4 grades) into study hall, wheeled a TV in and we watched the TV for the next three days. It is hard for people who didn't experience that to comprehend the enormity of that event. Not only was our President assassinated, but it was JFK.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I was about, wait, I hope I'm not in celebration of this, not that I'm a partisan or something, but, you know...

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Freshman English class, Akron High School, Akron In. Our classroom had the only TV back then. In just a little while after we got word of the shooting, we had the whole school in our room until bus time that day. That night's Basketball game was a very somber night. The dance we normally had after games was canceled that night. Everyone all around spent that weekend in front of the TV.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I was in the fifth grade. I was sent down to the library to pick up a book for my teacher. One of the teachers gave me a note to give to my teacher and told me the President had been shot. I watched on TV with my family several days later when Oswald was shot while being moved.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Is this just a ploy to try to determine our ages?
    This must be a conspiracy.
    And I believe there's more than one of you behind this.

~ Paranoia will destroy ya

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I was in the milk line at school, for lunch time! I remember when they told us! all the teachers were running around trying to decide if they should tell us or not, the principle finally said tell them, this is something they will remember for the rest of there lives, I think I was in the 4th grade!

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I was in the second grade, the principal, came over the speaker, and said the President had been shot, I later learned, on the news, that he had died .....

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I was in the fifth grade. I was sent down to the library to pick up a book for my teacher. One of the teachers gave me a note to give to my teacher and told me the President had been shot. I watched on TV with my family several days later when Oswald was shot while being moved.

Wait, so you read the teacher's note to the other teacher? :nono:

:D

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Wasn't born yet.

I have been very interested in JFK's assasination for quite some time though and have done quite a bit of research on it. Very interesting and disturbing facts and theories. It is pretty scarey how most of it was handled.

Top Bottom