14 year old boy gets gun for birthday kills whole family.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I got my 5 year old a 22 Henry lever action.... he shoots my AR15... by the time he's 14 I hope his grouping is good so it hurts less...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    And people contest the existence of satan. I mean can this be explained in any other way. 88 year old woman, shoots her in the face.

I almost got my 13 year old boy a .22 long rifle for christmas. Now I am very happy I got him a .22 air rifle.

Parents dont trust your kids. My dad always said watch out for the quiet ones.

Satan, leprechauns, and those tricky unicorns from all the children's stories are always causing serious issues. Parents should be involved in a positive way in their child's life. If more parents would take an active roll (not being "best friend" but letting the child know they can go to them with anything) and spending the time to actually raise their child(ren) less of the fairy tales would be needed when trying to explain issues with society.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I had a shotgun in my room from age 11 on. Ammo as well. I also knew where my parents handguns were and the ammo for them.

I know many kids/teens who had rifles and shotguns, including one who had an AR-15 at age 15 and plenty of mags and ammo for it too.

Normal children do NOT kill their family or go nuts and kill themselves.
    We all had instances where we were pissed at our parents or our girls friends broke up with us ect. ect. I'll say it again, normal children do NOT turn suicidal or become murderers simply because they have access to firearms.

Chances are the dad and grandparents turned a blind eye to this teens problems and the one guy saying "his dad bought him anything he wanted" makes it sound like his dad was trying to buy him his happiness rather than address the real issues.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    He was probably being "cyber bullied" or some other major issue with kids these days. Kids are handled with kitten gloves and never learn to deal with problems. They seem to have everything handed to them on a silver platter and don't know how to react when faced with real issues.

I know this doesn't apply across the board and there is clearly more to this story, if nothing else some kind of mental issue. We'll see in the future (maybe). Just seems to me like back in the day when you could spank your kids, scold them in a public, and actually make them work for what they wanted we had less problems. Or maybe there wasn't we just didn't hear about it as often (no internet an all). Sad situation.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    i think there was something else going on in the house. the pictures of the relatives did look like mugshots.

While I agree with this somewhat, I would like to point out that having your very own mugshot doesn't make you a bad person. As everyone on this board is aware (and argues about 24/7) you can get yourself a mugshot for just about anything.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    While I agree with this somewhat, I would like to point out that having your very own mugshot doesn't make you a bad person. As everyone on this board is aware (and argues about 24/7) you can get yourself a mugshot for just about anything.

If one of your family gets a mugshot, then that's one thing, if your entire family portrait was taken at the local precinct with cards in front of you that's something else again.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    This same thing happened in my hometown...parents gave him a .22 pistol either on Christmas or his birthday, he was around 13. He shot them both, killing his Dad an paralizing his Mother. Then drove there car to tell there friends, one of my friends was there an they thought he was just telling a story. He wasn't ever right in the head from what I remember in school, like as a 5th grader he would drop his pants an pee in front of the girls at recess.....He said he shot them because he didn't like being made to do chors...I believe this happened in 1975.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI

what other reasons are there for a mugshot? ATM the only one i can think of would be passport maybe? it seems odd to me for two elderly ladies having a mugshot.

Top Bottom