• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Went Friday to the show. Summer shows are not as big as the winter shows, but a lot less crowded. Seen a few nice guns and some nice knives. Was less than inpressed with one vendor that was trying to sell a nickel S&W. He said he hadn't cleaned it up and would let it go for $600. Upon inspection the inside of the barrel was bulged. Nothing showed on the outside of the barrel but it had two very distinct bulges on the inside of the barrel. Remember be cautious when looking at used firearms.
    Ended up getting a Model 15-3 that was in very nice condition.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I was glad I went but would have been less happy if I had driven all the way from Evansville. Started the day in Nashville, IN so got to the show unusually early. Picked up some hard to find mags, a new safety vest and some jerky. Meant to get a bunch of jags but forgot.

Two things I noticed. For new common guns, prices ranged from decent to stupid. Saw about a 25% spread for M&Ps for example. For used guns, there were plenty of high priced collectables or piles of junk, little in between.

thatmguy

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    I went Saturday and had a good time. Met up with some old friends. Sold some, bought some and enjoyed the day.

Was good to see ya man! Did your cohort get things straightened out???

You two musta made a good impression as my wife said you both seemed very nice. I said don't let first impressions fool you..LOL Kidding...

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood
    Not yet.

You two musta made a good impression as my wife said you both seemed very nice. I said don't let first impressions fool you..LOL Kidding...
    Give her a chance to get to know us. She might say your friends are nuts.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Welcome to INGO. You joined in Oct 2011 and this is your first post? Well, you made it in under the 6 year mark anyway. At this rate you should be in the classifieds with 50 posts in May... 2303. The Gen 7 Phased Plasma Rifles should be coming down in price by then :D

Warrior1354

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 25, 2017
    Carthage
    Show was slow, was there for the whole three days with a buddy and two tables. Only sold a couple thing and did more trading with other dealers and collectors. Some of the military surplus guns were very high. Saw a dealer with four CZ 52 pistols for $500 a piece and a commonly found Type 99 Japanese rifle for $1000.

I did come home with a nice GI bring-back K98k rifle, bought a nice makarov off a fellow member here, and bought a few collectable blades and items.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Slowest show I have seen to date. Until further notice I will not be setting up at that show anymore. I think I'm better served to have a "not at the 1500" sale that weekend.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Slower than the last 2 shows...???

Yep, I set a new personal record. Folks want to go to the show, handle everything, gain knowledge, then go home and buy on the net, so Ill be focusing more energy on being "the net". There was not 1 item than I was not between 10%, and 40% off of amazon, and I still couldn't make a go of it.

Oh well, we had a good run, and next year we might try a few shows in the far north, and far south of the state.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep, I set a new personal record. Folks want to go to the show, handle everything, gain knowledge, then go home and buy on the net, so Ill be focusing more energy on being "the net". There was not 1 item than I was not between 10%, and 40% off of amazon, and I still couldn't make a go of it.

Oh well, we had a good run, and next year we might try a few shows in the far north, and far south of the state.

This is the new way of things I believe.
    Plus so many vendors have not or just can not get the pricing down to the point of being even interesting to the buyers.
    Top that with parking/entry etc.

We were going to get some space (Ingo) for the winter shows. At least that was the plan. We will see.

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    This is the new way of things I believe.
    Plus so many vendors have not or just can not get the pricing down to the point of being even interesting to the buyers.
    Top that with parking/entry etc.

We were going to get some space (Ingo) for the winter shows. At least that was the plan. We will see.

It isn't because this is the new norm....it is a local phenomenon.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I had a very good show...better than the June show this year and better than the August show last year. The attendance was larger than the June show. It seems to me that vendors that sell firearms and firearm related products are struggling at the shows...not just the Indy 1500, but all shows. The firearms and firearm related vendors had very good run for 8 years when Obama was in office. I believe in cycles, and right now, firearms sales are at a low. Will they bounce back to something that is decent enough that justifies your time and expenses to do the shows? Who knows, but I think this is going to be the norm for awhile. :twocents:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I will still do shows in Washington, Oregon, Texas, Georgia, etc, Im just not doing 1500 for awhile.

Gun shows always have been "win some lose some", but for me this particular show has become lose some, survive some".

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    I went today (Sunday) wth the intention to sell two guns to finance another purchase. I was successful in selling one of them. I know Sunday is not the best day when looking to sell, but my schedule wouldn't let me go Saturday.

The smaller crowd and wider aisles made it easy to get around and see everything I wanted to see and made it easy for potential buyers to see what I was trying to move.

Ammo prices were all over the place and I saw gun prices range from "That's about right" to "What has this guy been smoking!" I am always checking out older revolvers, lever guns and bolt rifles, and generally ignoring anything more modern than myself.

This was my first 1500 in about three years. It wasn't the best one I've ever seen, but it was worth the drive and cost of admission for me.

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I went today (Sunday) wth the intention to sell two guns to finance another purchase. I was successful in selling one of them. I know Sunday is not the best day when looking to sell, but my schedule wouldn't let me go Saturday.

The smaller crowd and wider aisles made it easy to get around and see everything I wanted to see and made it easy for potential buyers to see what I was trying to move.

Ammo prices were all over the place and I saw gun prices range from "That's about right" to "What has this guy been smoking!" I am always checking out older revolvers, lever guns and bolt rifles, and generally ignoring anything more modern than myself.

This was my first 1500 in about three years. It wasn't the best one I've ever seen, but it was worth the drive and cost of admission for me.

It was worth $17 for parking and admission?

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville

Glad you made it home safe.
    Was great, as always,to see you both.
    :welcome:

You also Backpacker:cool:

Bob

Top Bottom