• Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    To All,

Reasonable doubt? Have we reached it yet?

How long do you think the jury will deliberate?

How long to recover from the verdict?
    Doug

Reasonable doubt? - yes

How long will the jury deliberate? - Less than 12 hours

Time to recover from the verdict? - That's subjective to your personal situation.
    I'll "recover" in 10 minutes or less, but my name is not George Zimmerman. He may never recover, regardless of the verdict.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I think the verdict is going to depend upon how seriously the jury takes their duty to require the evidence presented to prove the case "beyond a reasonable doubt". Will these women consider all the evidence presented in light of that standard? Will they succumb to the emotion of a grieving mother whose son was shot? Will they succumb to fear of what will happen to them personally if they return a not guilty verdict?

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011

So Chief,

How do you think they will find? And why?

Regards,

Doug

Not guilty....of any charge....because there simply isnt enough evidence to prove ANYTHING beyond a reasonable doubt.....i do indeed have faith in this all female jury...despite what some others may think

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    The verdict should be not guilty. From what I've seen, the state has not lived up to the beyond a reasonable doubt standard. If the jurors go by the letter of the law, seems like it would be hard for the defense to prove beyond a reasonable doubt Zimmerman was not in fear of great bodily harm or death as he was being pummeled and his head was being bashed into the concrete. If the judge decides to allow lesser charges to be considered by the jury, I'm afraid he'll be looking at a manslaughter conviction instead of a not guilty verdict.

-Rogue-

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I have read through this a bit, and the key thing is the charge that was actually filed. 2nd Degree Murder requires that there be malicious intent.

Even if he unjustifiably killed the kid, the state has not proved that he intended to do so beforehand.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I've heard that the judge was bribed by Trayvon's woman with a bucket of KFC. Of course, that would require her to actually surrender food, and we know she'd never do that. I guess the judge wasn't bribed after all. At least...not with food... :naughty:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I knew the judge looked familiar...

hBA2677F3

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    I think he should be found not guilty. The state hasn't proven anything. But, he was convicted the moment NBC doctored the tape. If not in court then in public opinion. It was guilty until proven guilty.

Jason

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    There is no way, based on what evidence has been presented, that the jury could find him guilty. Whether they do or not, who knows. Hung jury could be very possible.

I hope either the State returns his firearm quickly or that he has a solid backup because I'm not sure this is the last defensive shooting Zimmerman will be involved in.

?If Zimmerman Get Off, Ima Go Kill a White Boy?: Trayvon Martin Supporters Make Shocking Threats Ahead of Verdict | TheBlaze.com

Right Truth: Twitter explodes with death threats against George Zimmerman, white people

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Yep. It went viral because Obongo said: "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon."

Only the sheeple don't see what Mr. President did there with that quote... :):

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Looks like judge will put lesser charges into jury instructions. Of course she would.

State now pushing 3rd Degree murder based on child abuse.

Top Bottom