• Status
    Not open for further replies.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    I've been to the Expo and I am as "cracker" as can be. I can say it is NOT the entire target group that is the problem. The older crowd there is very respectful, there to enjoy themselves and get information that is provided.

The problems are a small part of the crowd, the younger militant people who openly fly colors and flash signs.

I avoid downtown when a large convention is happening, I also avoid this event because it is no longer entertaining to go to the concerts and deal with the open hostilities from the younger crowd.

There will be no Armageddon but there will be trouble just because trouble goes there intentionally. Just avoid the area and hope they keep it to a dull roar this year.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I've been to the Expo and I am as "cracker" as can be. I can say it is NOT the entire target group that is the problem. The older crowd there is very respectful, there to enjoy themselves and get information that is provided.

The problems are a small part of the crowd, the younger militant people who openly fly colors and flash signs.

I avoid downtown when a large convention is happening, I also avoid this event because it is no longer entertaining to go to the concerts and deal with the open hostilities from the younger crowd.

There will be no Armageddon but there will be trouble just because trouble goes there intentionally. Just avoid the area and hope they keep it to a dull roar this year.

i agree. also I will say that if they did a better job at "targetting" other demographics and making the environment around the outside of the buildings more family friendly and not "midway at the state fair'ish" (which is also scary), I might actually attend it one year and many other people might too. but as of last year it brings in wayward UNSUPERVISED youth from around the city and they get in groups and get STUPID. not safe at all outside the event. inside the "actual" event, yeah im sure its fun, safe, etc. but until they clean out the outside, im not going. Que invited me to go with him and I would love to take him up on it one year but I need to see a peaceful event year first.

the police said they are gonna be cracking down harder this year on unsupervised minors. if this is successful then it will improve it. but the IMPD like to bow down to the inner city groups so they are often afraid of upsetting them, so i take what IMPD says with a grain of salt.
    the whole thing reminds me of the relationship between coalition forces and afghan tribal leaders.

kevman65

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Indy
    The problem is, not everything happens at the Convention Center. Concerts are open air, food and items for sale are open air. All this is spread about downtown. They try to bring the younger crowd in to educate them, show them opportunities available to them, but unfortunately some of them don't want the help but just want to be seen and cause trouble.

Back in my high school years it was sadly my race that caused trouble down there. Going to see what they could get stirred up and then run. I witnessed too much of that stupidity. But luckily back then problems were usually solved with fists instead of firearms.

I just wish all those attending and working the event have a safe time down there. I know I won't be going to Victory for any games during that time so I won't be around it.

It is past time to stop the hate, but it still comes strongly from both sides so more needless injuries and deaths will happen.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Whens the last time there was a shooting at the Indy 500?
    At the previous 1500, if all the reports were correct. Happened on the first day.

As for Black Expo. Been there, done that and all the folks I met were really nice. No-one hassled me or the people around me and no-one got shot. The people dressed really nice, too and were well spoken. I have no issues with BE.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I have worked security for the BE and can honestly say that the vast majority of the people that I came in contact with were the most polite, appreciative and genuinely nice people that I have worked with. A good percentage took the time to thank me for what I was doing to help keep them safe. The overwhelming opinion was that there is a faction in the community that is a problem. Parents that are not involved with their children drop their kids off to attend the after hours events and these kids cause the trouble. Several people that I spoke too said that they need to clean up their own community. They were embarassed by the actions of a few idiots that just want to cause trouble.

While working I had people bring me food and drinks just because I was there. I saw nothing but respect from the vast majority. Just like the gun community we have a few idiots that tend to ruin things for everyone else.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I see you repped him for it, though.

If you could please clarify for me Scutter: is it routine practice to read our rep comments? I ask because I was under the impression that rep comments were private and between 2 members. I'd like to know if I need to stop writing anything in the rep comment box. Thank you for your time. :ingo:

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Moderators on VB can see your rep comments, infractions (present and expired), and other details which are not public.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    At the previous 1500, if all the reports were correct. Happened on the first day.

As for Black Expo. Been there, done that and all the folks I met were really nice. No-one hassled me or the people around me and no-one got shot. The people dressed really nice, too and were well spoken. I have no issues with BE.

The Indy 500 is not the Indy 1500. As for the 1500, a better question would be when was the last malicious shooting there? There's been plenty of ND shootings, but when was the last malicious one?

I have no issues with the idea of BE. Its just the younger crowd that are attracted there and have no supervision (usually in every other aspect of their lives as well) that I have an issue with.

After all, there's also a White Expo, we just call it the Brickyard 400.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    :dunno: It's an honest question. I like to know if private sections of my profile are being looked through, as they were with Ranger's. :twocents:
    Actually, as I understand what was said, he would have had to look at AE's rep and status to see the rep ranger gave out. Still interested to know, same as you. Seems a bit of an invasion of privacy.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    :dunno: It's an honest question. I like to know if private sections of my profile are being looked through, as they were with Ranger's. :twocents:

i have always known nothing here is private. so i dont say anything i would care if they saw anyways, in pm's or rep. it doesnt bother me. but me saying something in rep is a lot different than openly saying something on a forum.
    I thought the comment was funny so I repped him and also told him to be careful because i felt a couple mods are on the hunt for comments such as his. (not in those exact words because i dont exactly remember) . i think the first words of my rep comment were: BAHAHAHAHAHAHWAHAHAHAHA,

but im free to laugh at what I want, its not against the rules. im not the one who said it.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU

He knew E5RANGER had given REP to Armed Eastsider, So he had checked all of Armed Eastsider profile, he should have kept quiet about it. If you don't want the MODS to know what you're saying send them thur an E-MAIL address;)

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Actually, as I understand what was said, he would have had to look at AE's rep and status to see the rep ranger gave out. Still interested to know, same as you. Seems a bit of an invasion of privacy.

You're right---I didn't communicate fully. I'd also really like to know if my rep comments to other members are being view on a regular basis, or if this was just a one-time act by Scutter. Either way, I'll most likely not be posting any comments in the rep box anymore. It makes me wonder if my PM box is being looked through as well. :twocents:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield

Did anyone actually read the Policy and Rule page? When you clicked [OK] do you know everything you clicked [OK] to? Perhaps you gave permission. :dunno:

Is anyone surprised AE got banned? It's been a while since INGO had a "Heavy Trash Day..." have to purge every once in a while. I can't imagine I'm too far from the curb myself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom