• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    I still have my pocket slide rule if you need one. A pocket slide rule in a pocket protecter is the ultimate nerdy. I don't use any flgr's because I like the "mil spec" spring plugs that screw onto the spring and don't fly away.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Hey, let us have our fun Charlie! We're being all scientific and everything. At the very worst, we'll spend the morning shooting 1911s and come away without having learned anything at all. Or, in other words, a typical range trip for me.

I would never disparage any of my brothers or sisters for exercising a 1911. :ingo: Even if your tests are inconclusive. (with a slide rule involved you MUST have some conclusion or you obviously don't know how to operate a slide rule). I'm sure you will both be smiling when you complete your task and that's what life is all about.
    BUT I do apologize ahead of time for dropping this here:postpics:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    FLGR ordered! When I get some idea of when it will get here, we can set the testing time up. Until then, I'm searching for lab coats.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would never disparage any of my brothers or sisters for exercising a 1911. :ingo: Even if your tests are inconclusive. (with a slide rule involved you MUST have some conclusion or you obviously don't know how to operate a slide rule). I'm sure you will both be smiling when you complete your task and that's what life is all about.
    BUT I do apologize ahead of time for dropping this here:postpics:

I am thinking Video.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I still have my pocket slide rule if you need one. A pocket slide rule in a pocket protecter is the ultimate nerdy. I don't use any flgr's because I like the "mil spec" spring plugs that screw onto the spring and don't fly away.

My son has a prefect half circle scar above his eye where he let the plug on a FLGR go and it hit him pretty good. They are almost like a gasket punch (not saying I have used one for this task.....:)) and left a neat little scar.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    My son has a prefect half circle scar above his eye where he let the plug on a FLGR go and it hit him pretty good. They are almost like a gasket punch (not saying I have used one for this task.....:)) and left a neat little scar.

I've got one in the roof of the barn that's been there for over 3 years and I blew out a new 24" Monitor the same day. New Kimber Custom II.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    When I get a tracking number for the parts, we can schedule a day at MCFG. I'd love to see it happen before Thanksgiving, but it could be the week after if Brownell's shipping sticks to it's normal suckyness.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    HMHarry, I'd love to see you come along to keep us honest. I'll treat to cheeseburgers at Union Jack's for lunch if you can make it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When I get a tracking number for the parts, we can schedule a day at MCFG. I'd love to see it happen before Thanksgiving, but it could be the week after if Brownell's shipping sticks to it's normal suckyness.

I am 6 working days out on some bits and have 2 more orders in with them. I give them a suck rating every time they ask. But they always have what I want.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I am thinking Video.
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Video.. This would be more than expected and wonderful. please include the Cheesburger stop in the video if it happens.. Every cake needs icing. :) If you need unprofessional help or input where the 1911s or cheesburgers are concerned let me know. :alright:

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    [FONT=&amp]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Video.. This would be more than expected and wonderful. please include the Cheesburger stop in the video if it happens.. Every cake needs icing. :) If you need unprofessional help or input where the 1911s or cheesburgers are concerned let me know. :alright:

[FONT=&]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&] /[/FONT][FONT=&] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer
    [FONT=&]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears”
    Col. Jeff Cooper

As this entire endeavor is non-professional and non-scientific we may need that input. Lab coat/pocket protector/slide rule (or Abacus) /taped nose bridge safety glasses required.....of course.

Top Bottom