• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glocktard

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 19, 2016
    Central
    Well you guys have made my mind up for me it's either a TRP or a MC Operator springer. Now, what would be a good price for a used one of either of these? Also i have heard that most factory mags are junk for a CCW. What mags work best in them?
    And excuse my ignorance but is AllenM a 1911 gun smith or something? I see his name brought up a lot on 1911 threads. (New guy problems :):)

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Well you guys have made my mind up for me it's either a TRP or a MC Operator springer. Now, what would be a good price for a used one of either of these? Also i have heard that most factory mags are junk for a CCW. What mags work best in them?
    And excuse my ignorance but is AllenM a 1911 gun smith or something? I see his name brought up a lot on 1911 threads. (New guy problems :):)

Allen M is top notch on guns and 1911s. He's our man around here for machine work, cerakote, and what ever. Look at the threads with custom work and his name consistently pops up.
    Allen is more importantly a top notch person.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin

Check out Allen's work in the Diamond Collision site supporter section. I have 2 1911s that are Allen's custom builds. He is the 1911 wizard.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I find I am at a happy place with what I have put in the safe. Very happy.
    It would take the right money/trade to let anything go.

I've been happy with my small collection. Except 2 guns, every gun I own has a purpose. I only have an AR because, it's cool. And I wanted the 2nd one to arm my wife for SHTF. Which I am starting to think is a possibility after yesterday.
    And I told my wife over the weekend that it would be neat to start building a light weight rifle for our future baby....although starting him or her out right with a 1911 would be pretty cool....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I recently pulled out a Springfield to freshen up after it had been abused by needy friends.
    Reliability has been perfect out of the box for 12 years and a bunch of rounds.
    (6-8k or more).
    Allen M and CM helped a bunch to bring the old gun back to where she belongs.
    It's headed back to Springfield today for new night sights.
    Springfield Svc is unbeatable and in a class ahead of the rest.
    I didn't get video BUT I got Glock poo on CMs $4k rail gun and he got the Glock poo on his hands along with the dreaded Glock curse.

Yes, I have received the required shots for this.........:):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Used springers are out there.
    The one in the pic I posted was bought for just north of $700 but is is now full of EGW parts.
    I have one stock in the box that was just at $900 unfired.
    TRP's are usually 1K and north.
    Look around. They are available.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    It is a sickness.
    They will multiply.
    It is what they do.