• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glocktard

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 19, 2016
    Central
    I feel like I have found a new drug...:wwub: I have not carried a gun with a steel rail like on the MC op. Do you think that will get in the way and poke me when carrying iwb?

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I carry both a Government sized (for duty) and a Colt Officer's ACP for off duty. Both put together by Dave Lauck of D&L Sports, and the holsters by Contact!Concealment. Holsters made right here in LaPorte County.

Glocktard

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 19, 2016
    Central
    Is the government model you carry a colt too? Which model? Also how many departments do you know of that will let you carry SAO guns like 1911? The reason i ask is I am going to school for Criminal Justice and my dad is retired from Marion county and they were not allowed too. It will help settle our argument (he is a glock head) Also, I dont want to get a carry gun that I won't be able to use when and if I get on at a deparment.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Is the government model you carry a colt too? Which model? Also how many departments do you know of that will let you carry SAO guns like 1911? The reason i ask is I am going to school for Criminal Justice and my dad is retired from Marion county and they were not allowed too. It will help settle our argument (he is a glock head) Also, I dont want to get a carry gun that I won't be able to use when and if I get on at a deparment.

This is the perfect excuse/reason to get another pistol.....:):

Glocktard

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 19, 2016
    Central
    This is the perfect excuse/reason to get another pistol.....:):

That's a good point;) But also if I do get on at a department that allows 1911's I will need one with a rail so i can run a surefire gun light for duty and one without a rail for off duty. I'm already thinking like a 1911 guy!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    That's a good point;) But also if I do get on at a department that allows 1911's I will need one with a rail so i can run a surefire gun light for duty and one without a rail for off duty. I'm already thinking like a 1911 guy!

Most departments I know of issue the officers firearms. Very few departments carry 1911 on duty. Many departments will let you carry 1911 off duty so long as you qualify. I say buy what you want.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Almost every day, I think about
    P1270182__34239.1392239728.1280.1280.JPG

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am seriously mulling over taking my new to me MC Operator out to AllenM for some "Pretty" machine work.
    Flat top and under cut the slide with some material removed internally to lighten it up.

OP....I do not know where you are located but you would be more than welcome to come out and run a few of mine if you wish.
    I promise you will really be upside down addicted if you do.....:)

Glocktard

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 19, 2016
    Central
    Most departments I know of issue the officers firearms. Very few departments carry 1911 on duty. Many departments will let you carry 1911 off duty so long as you qualify. I say buy what you want.
    Most the departments I know around here issue Glock 22. I was just thinking it would be an advantage for a duty gun to be the same as an off duty gun and very few let you carry a personal gun on duty. But its just an excuse to buy another gun then right? :dunno:

Glocktard

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Feb 19, 2016
    Central
    I am seriously mulling over taking my new to me MC Operator out to AllenM for some "Pretty" machine work.
    Flat top and under cut the slide with some material removed internally to lighten it up.

OP....I do not know where you are located but you would be more than welcome to come out and run a few of mine if you wish.
    I promise you will really be upside down addicted if you do.....:)
    I may have to take you up on that sometime. I have some family over in Avon so I am over in your neck of the woods on occasion. I don't know if this is your style or not but i think a RMR on a 1911 would be cool! Expensive but cool! Just my :twocents:

Top Bottom