• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Rail. Maybe some internal stuff. That I don't know.

I really like the look of the MC Operator. But after looking up the TRP, I like that too.

I'm rethinking my budget, and will probably end up with a Springer now. My only problem is what gun I should sell to get one. I really want a 1911 now.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I really like the look of the MC Operator. But after looking up the TRP, I like that too.

I'm rethinking my budget, and will probably end up with a Springer now. My only problem is what gun I should sell to get one. I really want a 1911 now.

TRP is a great gun. Springfield is a good platform for building what you want.

I really think you should look at the Smith Pro Series 9mm. The large external extractor works great for 9mm. Both of mine run well right out of the box. The frames on the Smiths are ever so slightly wider which means some additional fitting for some parts. But these guns don't need much except for maybe some trigger work. The Wilson Combat solid aluminum triggers fit up easily. So really a trigger, grips and a couple springs are all a person needs to make these really shootable guns. There was a used one in the classifieds that I was eyeing a few weeks ago.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have never shot a modified gun, so I have no idea WHAT kind of mods I would want. I just figured I'd leave it as is, and buy lots of Wilson Combat mags and ammo. And shoot the crap out if it. And hope it's as reliable as my glocks :)

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    I recently picked up a full size operator lightweight. It had some holster wear so I took it to Allen M, should be back in the next ten days. I am excited to see what miracles he does to her. The trigger on the operator feels fantastic, it feels great in my hands. I have t shot it yet. I took it straight to Allen but once I get it back she's going out for a run.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have never shot a modified gun, so I have no idea WHAT kind of mods I would want. I just figured I'd leave it as is, and buy lots of Wilson Combat mags and ammo. And shoot the crap out if it. And hope it's as reliable as my glocks :)

The TRP and SW1911 9mm will both run right out of the box. Neither need any real setup. I have small hands so all my guns get short triggers and less bulky grips. Trigger weight between 3.5-4.5 pounds.

Even my gen 3 Glock has an OEM - connector out of a G34/35. Otherwise no mods.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I would offer you a chance to run a few of mine but (1) I hate you.....:):.....(2) you hate 1911's and are therefore my enemy.....:):.....and (3) None of mine are with out serious Mods.

Really, if you want I will do some range time with you. I have a TRP, 2 MC Operators and a few others you can fondle if you wash your hands 1st.

Man that felt good......................:)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Icky Glock hands? Not really a problem. Just wipe them off with some dollar store generic Bleach wipes. It doesn't hurt them.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I would offer you a chance to run a few of mine but (1) I hate you.....:):.....(2) you hate 1911's and are therefore my enemy.....:):.....and (3) None of mine are with out serious Mods.

Really, if you want I will do some range time with you. I have a TRP, 2 MC Operators and a few others you can fondle if you wash your hands 1st.

Man that felt good......................:)

LMAO. That was funny, seriously. I'm laughing over here.

For real, I have only shot 2 1911's in my life. And I have never forgotten the experience, and it was a long time ago. I'd love to own one, and would buy one this weekend if I was able to.

I'd even sell off some of my guns, and a Glock, to afford one. But I believe it would be a mistake to sell anything right now. Unless you can give me a reason to sell :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

For real, I have only shot 2 1911's in my life. And I have never forgotten the experience, and it was a long time ago. I'd love to own one, and would buy one this weekend if I was able to.

I'd even sell off some of my guns, and a Glock, to afford one. But I believe it would be a mistake to sell anything right now. Unless you can give me a reason to sell :)

Yup.....sell and get a sweet 1911.
    That is all I got.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

Wait till after we elect the Hildabeast. Plastic guns are cheap and plentiful. But at the end of the year the market will strengthen. 1911s over $1200 should not be affected because the panic stricken sheep will be blowing money on $600 used Glocks.

Hope that didn't come off too harsh.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wait till after we elect the Hildabeast. Plastic guns are cheap and plentiful. But at the end of the year the market will strengthen. 1911s over $1200 should not be affected because the panic stricken sheep will be blowing money on $600 used Glocks.

No but you are most likely on point.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana

I have 2 AR's that sit in the safe. One has never been shot, because it still needs sights. I was thinking of selling that one, but I go back and forth.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have 2 AR's that sit in the safe. One has never been shot, because it still needs sights. I was thinking of selling that one, but I go back and forth.

I recently sold off several AR's to fund the honey do list.
    Most had never been shot past function test as I built them all.
    I do not even miss them and the spouse is still adding to that damn list.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour

AR market is weak right now. I should buy a second one but I rarely shoot the one I already own. Maybe I should just swap a 1911 for your AR? I'm half kidding and half serious.

What I am really wanting is a quality commander sized 9mm 1911. I am just lurking, waiting for the right gun to come along. And yes some of my inventory is canon fodder to be sacrificed if the need arises.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    AR market is weak right now. I should buy a second one but I rarely shoot the one I already own. Maybe I should just swap a 1911 for your AR? I'm half kidding and half serious.

What I am really wanting is a quality commander sized 9mm 1911. I am just lurking, waiting for the right gun to come along. And yes some of my inventory is canon fodder to be sacrificed if the need arises.

I find I am at a happy place with what I have put in the safe. Very happy.
    It would take the right money/trade to let anything go.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I find I am at a happy place with what I have put in the safe. Very happy.
    It would take the right money/trade to let anything go.

I am happy as well. Very happy. But I also know I fall victim to the temptation. That is the symptom and how we know know who the addicts are. I have been thinking about starting a support group.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield

Dan Wesson just released the VBOB (Commander with a bobtail) in 9mm this year and it is a sweet shooter just saying

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Dan Wesson just released the VBOB (Commander with a bobtail) in 9mm this year and it is a sweet shooter just saying

I know. Been eyeballing the Guardian. Dan Wesson is at the top of my list. If somebody wanted my Scandium S&W I would consider transitioning from .45 to 9mm. But my PC1911 has not let me down and carries well.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I recently pulled out a Springfield to freshen up after it had been abused by needy friends.
    Reliability has been perfect out of the box for 12 years and a bunch of rounds.
    (6-8k or more).
    Allen M and CM helped a bunch to bring the old gun back to where she belongs.
    It's headed back to Springfield today for new night sights.
    Springfield Svc is unbeatable and in a class ahead of the rest.
    I didn't get video BUT I got Glock poo on CMs $4k rail gun and he got the Glock poo on his hands along with the dreaded Glock curse.

Top Bottom