• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I wondered about PCC's. Are there more 5.56 AR's than PCC's competing?

Yes. I'd guess more than half are shooting .223/5.56. In my squad, at least a third of the competitors were running PCC's. I'm considering running a PCC next time as I think I'll be noticeably faster with that on the stages in the small bays.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Don't let the video discourage you. I believe the shooter featured in most of the shots is the match director who's a Marine. (So he's really a professional.) Most of the competitors are mere mortals just like a local USPSA or IDPA match. One thought I have is that if you have a pistol caliber carbine, it might be a little easier to transition into a sport with two firearms. Lots of people were running those new CZ 9mm carbines. It's a little more like a rifle in that the magazine is forward of the trigger group like an AR. A Kel-tec or a Beretta CX9 where the magazine is inserted into the handgrip like a pistol so managing reloads will be a little closer to pistol. With just 10 rounds to a magazine, reloads are a key to scoring well.

No PCC but I'll use my AR. I would just take my time until I get comfortable with it all. Be safe, try not to hurt myself and have fun.:)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yes. I'd guess more than half are shooting .223/5.56. In my squad, at least a third of the competitors were running PCC's. I'm considering running a PCC next time as I think I'll be noticeably faster with that on the stages in the small bays.

Ammo costs are way better for PCC. With the round restrictions, seems like a shooter with a Glock lower AR9 could really game it with the same mags they were using in their handgun?

How many rounds per stage? For the match overall?

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ammo costs are way better for PCC. With the round restrictions, seems like a shooter with a Glock lower AR9 could really game it with the same mags they were using in their handgun?

How many rounds per stage? For the match overall?

I didn't keep a accurate count but I'd estimate under 100 for rifle and 100 for pistol. I'd say 20-30 of each per stage. There was one stage that was like a USPSA classifier in which we loaded with just 6 rounds in each mag and shot a 24 round Virginia count course of fire.

Dtwentythree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Scottsburg
    I just recently discovered this thread, and am very interested in attending along with a few friends (4 or 5 of us total from the Scottsburg/Madison area). It sounds like a blast.
    Do we need to reach out to someone in advance to confirm, or just show up at 9-ish this Sunday (9/24)?

Thanks in advance

mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    I just recently discovered this thread, and am very interested in attending along with a few friends (4 or 5 of us total from the Scottsburg/Madison area). It sounds like a blast.
    Do we need to reach out to someone in advance to confirm, or just show up at 9-ish this Sunday (9/24)?

Thanks in advance

Just show up at 9am with a rifle and pistol you are half way comfortable with. They will get you checked in and going no problem

Dtwentythree

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Scottsburg
    CZ
    I don't have enough "experience points" to be able to reply to your PM, so I'll just post the questions our group had here.
    These may have been covered in the thread, but we could have missed them. I apologize in advance, if that's the case.
    1. How many shooters do you guys normally have?
    2. How many stages?
    3. How long do the matches usually run?

Looks like we'll be rolling in with 5 total shooters. We look forward to meeting everyone.

Thanks again,

-Matt

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    CZ
    I don't have enough "experience points" to be able to reply to your PM, so I'll just post the questions our group had here.
    These may have been covered in the thread, but we could have missed them. I apologize in advance, if that's the case.
    1. How many shooters do you guys normally have?
    2. How many stages?
    3. How long do the matches usually run?

Looks like we'll be rolling in with 5 total shooters. We look forward to meeting everyone.

Thanks again,

-Matt

Matt,

Usually between 15 to 25 shooters per match, and there are always 4 stages. Typically runs about 4 hours.

The most important thing that i have never mentioned: they have indoor bathrooms!

CZ evo3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2017
    Carrollton
    Also, i guess i am the last one to find out, but there is a facebook page for the TSA matches. Search for Tactical Shooters Alliance. I don't know what is there, as i stopped using facebook when i decided it was time to be monogamous.

mj.elder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    TSA facebook page is less than stellar. I looked everywhere I could for information on this before going last month and all the information seems to be in this thread

Top Bottom